Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 50]

91How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 27 2020, 14:28

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This new 50p Brexit coin says on it " Peace and prosperity and friendship with all nations ". Just after Britain has told europe where to go, which will cause economic ruin.

92How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 27 2020, 14:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Just after Britain has told europe where to go, which will cause economic ruin.

Boring.

93How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 27 2020, 17:41

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
sunlight wrote:Just after Britain has told europe where to go, which will cause economic ruin.

Boring.
Today I received a quarterly gas bill and had my doom head on, so my appologies for overly forewarning the tribulation of the impact of the market of Flanders when we leave. I am not merchant class whom are the most aggrieved. I sorted my mood with a block of Galaxy.

94How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jan 28 2020, 01:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:This new 50p Brexit coin says on it " Peace and prosperity and friendship with all nations "
...reflecting the true spirit of many of those who voted to leave the community Smile I'll be stockpiling them - currently you only need two of them to buy a 4 pack of Twirls at Asda and with food prices already rising faster than inflation I'm hoping these commemorative coins will keep pace.

That said, the Royal Mint have seen the funny side of it and are allowing people to mint their own.

95How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jan 28 2020, 09:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:This new 50p Brexit coin says on it " Peace and prosperity and friendship with all nations ".
Apparently they were going to mint a Brexit coin three years ago, but the people tasked to design it couldn't agree on the wording, the value or what they were going to do with the border.....

...I'll get me coat.

96How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 29 2020, 09:28

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We could possibly blame JK Rowling for it. Or Piers Morgan.

97How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 29 2020, 11:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This Huawei thing is interesting.
Boris has OK'd their participation in the UK 5G network based on reassurances from GCHQ that they pose no threat. However our main intelligence sharing partners - France, Germany, Spain and notably the USofA are all scared shitless of Huawei and have claimed that Huawei share intelligence with the Chinese Government - and therefore would not want integrated info systems with the UK.

So with existing intelligence sharing arrangements with our European partners already being under threat because of Brexit why would Boris potentially jeopardise relationships with the USA, especially given that not only security but any trade deal we might get would be heavily dependent on information exchange?

Trump has already expressed his disappointment and has dispatched Mike Pompeo to fly to the UK to put Boris in his place so Huawei might get cut out yet, but then he would piss off the Chinese.

Currently we have a trade surplus with the USA (exporting more to them than we import) - something that Trump wants to address going forward, but we have a trade deficit with China so in theory it would be better to get in bed with the Americans as it stands.

Seems to me that Boris is playing a very risky game by getting involved in spats between the big 3 trading blocs (USA, China and the EU) at a time when he has bet the house on getting deals with all of them. If he thinks we can play them off against each other there's a very real chance they'll all take the EU approach i.e. well f*** off then.

98How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Feb 11 2020, 15:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris announces the high profile HS2 project will go ahead which will benefit regular commuters to and from London. Unsurprisingly, a benefit for the few at the expense of directing vast amounts of public money away from the needs of the many.
A "good news day" from a Tory PR perspective, which has also made it a very good day to slip in the bad news which is that proposed Tory expenditure which will be outlined in the budget and is expected to be designed to shore up the Northern vote is based on the Chancellor's projected economic growth rate of 2.8% - and today it came out that the economy had actually flatlined with ZERO growth at the end of 2019 i.e. on the verge of recession.
Obviously this will be written off as a "blip" and even if it turns out to be that, we're still a mile away from 2.8%.

99How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Feb 11 2020, 15:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

HS2 is a massive waste of money, what is the point? Billions and billions to make the train to London slightly faster  Rolling Eyes

The money for HS2 could be used in much better ways like improving the shambles that is Northern rail now and also for the so called Northern powerhouse they like to talk about but actually do nothing.

100How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Feb 11 2020, 17:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:HS2 is a massive waste of money, what is the point? Billions and billions to make the train to London slightly faster  Rolling Eyes

The money for HS2 could be used in much better ways like improving the shambles that is Northern rail now and also for the so called Northern powerhouse they like to talk about but actually do nothing.

Totally agree Norpig.

This is a classic illustration of the sunk cost fallacy. The money is gone, wasting more money on it makes no sense.

101How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Feb 11 2020, 19:41

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, and I wonder how much tickets will cost when it finally gets rolling and at what cost to wildlife. The costs involved in clearing housing and land for the rail line have been massively undercooked and caused great distress to some of the folk who've had their homes forcibly taken from them.

102How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Feb 12 2020, 01:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OFCOM to get oversight of social media platforms is a potentially a great policy providing they get the power to sanction/punish offenders. I hope this happens and that our Government takes the risk of pissing off the Americans to protect innocent people and kids in particular.
We'll see.

103How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Feb 12 2020, 19:28

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

104How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Feb 12 2020, 23:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How do you spend £7.5k + per person on a 2 week holiday?
That's a lot of coke Boris.

I'm sure this had nothing to the guy getting appointed when Boris was London boss.

105How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 13 2020, 12:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Javed resigns. Something brewing.

106How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 13 2020, 13:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Javed resigns. Something brewing.
He was ordered to sack his advisory team so he jumped. New cabinet looks interesting.
Was just watching Politics today and they had economist Paul Klugman on whilst they were debating "is low economic growth the new norm". He made some interesting points, the main one being that public debt isn't an issue as in the UK debt interest rates are lower than inflation and therefore austerity was a complete waste of time.
Basically he's saying that it's a good thing to borrow to invest and that the UK wasted years of low growth when we could have been investing in services and infrastructure.
Also said that most major economies are stable but in the event of a crash, there's nothing left to buffer the impact - the biggest of which is climate change denial coming back to bite us in the bum. Apparently 60% of Republican Senators are climate denyers and America is making zero preparations.
He was scathing about Trump's short-termism saying that he's doing nothing to future-proof the states by simply focusing on political wins, cutting taxes and backing polluting industries.

107How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 13 2020, 19:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A bit late, but finally Corbyn scores a blinder past the helpless keeper whose heinous errors have led his team to an embarrassing defeat:-

JC at PMQs today, addressing Boris directly:-
"If there was a case of a young white boy with blonde hair who later dabbled in class A drugs and conspired with a friend to beat up a journalist, would he deport that boy?"

The look on Johnson's guilty face is priceless!

108How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Feb 13 2020, 19:19

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bojo kept Grove in the Cabinet to stick his tongue out at the working class.

109How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 15 2020, 11:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was replaced by someone more competent.

110How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 15 2020, 11:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

He was replaced by someone more competent.
Boris offered him the job, so he considered him up to scratch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum