Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit Watch

+14
Ten Bobsworth
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
okocha
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Norpig
Sluffy
sunlight
karlypants
boltonbonce
wanderlust
xmiles
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 27]

81Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 10:53

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Woah!! This is a serious and sinister move, threatening democracy and reminiscent of similar moves by countries which are grotesquely state-controlled:

"Today's "i" newspaper leads on the banning yesterday of its political editor and journalists from a number of other news organisations from a Downing Street briefing.
[size=13]The paper says shutting out certain publications damages the bedrock of a free media, which exists to help hold the government to account.
The Mirror - another excluded newspaper - describes the move as tin-pot tyranny.Downing Street must never be allowed to dictate what you read, hear and see, it says, or democracy is undermined."[/size]

82Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 11:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Woah!! This is a serious and sinister move, threatening democracy and reminiscent of similar moves by countries which are grotesquely state-controlled:

"Today's "i" newspaper leads on the banning yesterday of its political editor and journalists from a number of other news organisations from a Downing Street briefing.
[size=13]The paper says shutting out certain publications damages the bedrock of a free media, which exists to help hold the government to account.
The Mirror - another excluded newspaper - describes the move as tin-pot tyranny.Downing Street must never be allowed to dictate what you read, hear and see, it says, or democracy is undermined."[/size]
Straight out of the Trump/Anderson playbook Smile. 1984-style totalitarianism is the future Smile

83Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 11:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Woah!! This is a serious and sinister move, threatening democracy and reminiscent of similar moves by countries which are grotesquely state-controlled:

Ha ha, your anti-government posts are becoming more desperate by the day.

And by the way, will you please learn to cut and paste.

84Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 11:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

And by the way, will you please learn to cut copy and paste.

85Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 11:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The mirror would definitely have given a fair and balanced view. 

Shocking and straight out of the grubby trump playbook.

Bleep bleep boop boop

86Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 11:38

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I wouldn't be anti-government if they would act in ways which are beneficial to our country and to you yourself, Nat, but to ban the i and the Independent, for example, is seriously worrying.
 I presume that your unpleasant rants suggest you believe in freedom of speech? 

What I wrote is cut and pasted exactly as it is written in the BBC online summary of today's news headlines, but I'll learn to adapt the way it translates onto the Nuts pages if you will learn to be a bit more discerning and sensiblly grown-up about threats to our way of life, rather than play to the crowd so inanely.

87Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 11:42

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The mirror would definitely have given a fair and balanced view. 

Bleep bleep boop boop
The Mirror was another of the papers that was thrown out of the press briefing by the Tories

88Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 15:47

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not trying to annoy you further, Nat, but:-

Quiz:.......

You are Boris Johnson facing tricky questions. Do you:
a. refuse to do the interview
b. ban the journalists
c. shut down parliament
d. jet off on holiday
e. hide in a fridge
f. all of the above

89Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 16:43

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The mirror would definitely have given a fair and balanced view. 

Bleep bleep boop boop

Are the mirror any more biased than the Mail are the other way?

The issue is the government choosing which bias they want to give access to, not the fact that bias exists.

The only way to address that is non selective briefings, but you know that. What would it take for you to disagree with the governments actions?

90Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 16:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
b. ban the journalists
c. shut down parliament
d. jet off on holiday
e. hide in a fridge
f. all of the above

A & B.

Do I win a prize?

91Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 17:20

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:
b. ban the journalists
c. shut down parliament
d. jet off on holiday
e. hide in a fridge
f. all of the above

A & B.

Do I win a prize?
Of course....as long as I can choose what prize it should be

92Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Wed Feb 05 2020, 13:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I wouldn't be anti-government if they would act in ways which are beneficial to our country and to you yourself, Nat, but to ban the i and the Independent, for example, is seriously worrying.
 I presume that your unpleasant rants suggest you believe in freedom of speech? 

What I wrote is cut and pasted exactly as it is written in the BBC online summary of today's news headlines, but I'll learn to adapt the way it translates onto the Nuts pages if you will learn to be a bit more discerning and sensiblly grown-up about threats to our way of life, rather than play to the crowd so inanely.
The Independent should be safe as it's still owned by Murdoch who is starting to get his payoff for Brexit - consolidated yesterday by the Tory Government undermining the BBC's licence fee income.

The "i" however is owned by Lord Rothermere who also owns the Mail - a group which is now being punished since they stopped their more extreme pro-Brexit rantings and lies when Paul Dacre was replaced as editor 18 months ago.

Presumably these measures to undermine Murdoch's competition are amongst the things Boris was told to do when he sent Odey round to Downing St - but I doubt we'll ever be able to confirm it. 

It will be interesting to see how far the commercial payoffs will go.

93Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Thu Feb 06 2020, 10:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You lot are going round and round in circles so fast and so often, that I'm just waiting for you all to disappear up your own rhetoric  Very Happy

94Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Feb 05 2021, 08:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

95Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Feb 05 2021, 08:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Utterly ridiculous!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55887043

Brexiteer response 1 - it's the EU's fault, they are punishing us for leaving.

Brexiteer response 2 - it's the Remainers' fault, they should have warned us this would happen.

Funny how nothing is ever the consequence of these muppets voting for brexit.

96Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Feb 05 2021, 11:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m sure “getting rid of EU red tape” was one of the myths peddled to get idiots to vote to leave. 
At least we can grow bananas any shape we want now 😄

97Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Feb 05 2021, 17:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I see that you are again calling brexiteers idiots XM.

98Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Feb 05 2021, 18:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Actually I think I called them muppets. Smile

I concede that my phrasing is ambiguous. I mean those brexiteers who blame everybody but themselves for the consequences of their actions.

99Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Feb 05 2021, 18:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Utterly ridiculous!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55887043

I read that article as Brexit created a job.

Although £40k a year to fill out paperwork seems generous.

100Brexit Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 06 2021, 13:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Seems to me that Samways were struggling to make a profit when we were in the EU. Maybe a few government subsidies might help.

Accounts are bang up to date though. That's a lot more than can be said for most of the companies mentioned on Vince Watch.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04449949/filing-history

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum