Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere

+4
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
wanderlust
karlypants
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sat Feb 01 2020, 14:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Feb 01 2020, 22:42; edited 2 times in total

2Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sat Feb 01 2020, 14:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live guys.

Apologies for the snap, crackle & pop as I can't seem to improve the quality due to where my PC is situated at the moment!

3Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sat Feb 01 2020, 17:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great result and lots of positives - good possession, plenty of efforts on goal, some creativity and reasonably steady at the back. OK it was Tranmere, but still it's an improvement seeing as they tonked us at their place. Even Connor Hall scored for the strugglers down the road. A good afternoon's footie IMO.

4Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sat Feb 01 2020, 18:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really pleasing performance. Great start with a cracker from Politic. MOTM for me was O'Grady, but I couldn't fault any of them. Solid all round today.

5Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sat Feb 01 2020, 18:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best performance of the season for me.

See what happens when you actually put two men upfront and try and take the game to the opposition.

More of this please Keith, and less of the Parky shite.

6Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sat Feb 01 2020, 18:55

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Really enjoyed that performance little to choose from 1 to 11 all played well, was dissapointed with Hamilton on Tuesday but second half today showed what he's about, and well done Chris O'grady didn't put  a foot wrong. Now for a beer or two.

7Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sat Feb 01 2020, 22:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 2-0 Tranmere Rovers

Goals in each half from Dennis Politic and Chris O’Grady gave Keith Hill’s men a deserved three points against Tranmere Rovers at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Wanderers got off to a dream start thanks to Politic’s thunderbolt with just two minutes on the clock, before O’Grady’s 100th career league goal sealed the points for the hosts.

The Wanderers manager made two changes from his side’s midweek draw against Bristol Rovers with loan signing Kean Bryan coming in for his debut and O’Grady earning a recall. The pair replaced Liam Edwards and Ronan Darcy who were both named among the substitutes.

The spectators inside the University of Bolton Stadium barely had time to sit down before they were up on their feet applauded Politic’s goal.

The Romanian winger was the beneficiary of a neat Daryl Murphy knockdown and his half-volley sailed into the top corner to give the Rovers ‘keeper no chance.

The early goal gave Wanderers a shot in the arm and Daryl Murphy saw a shot blocked after being picked out by O’Grady.

The big Irishman saw another shot blocked moments later when the Rovers defence failed to deal with Jason Lowe’s lofted pass.

Politic’s pace and trickery were causes problems over on the right and his cross narrowly failed to reach the head of O’Grady.

Remi Matthews took a routine catch as Tranmere made a rare foray into the Wanderers box after Connor Jennings, under pressure from Toto Nsiala, tried to get a shot in.

Morgan Ferrier latched on to Alex Woodyard’s pass, and beating the offside trap he managed to blaze over from ten yards out.

James Vaughan wasted an opportunity after his shot sailed over the bar.

Nsiala put in a superb block to deny Kieron Morris’s fierce 12-yard drive from heading goalwards.

Politic was hungry and looking to add to his tally, and after holding off his marker be cut inside onto his left foot before seeing a low drive go a yard wide.

Morris had a free-kick from 25 yards but his effort was firmly held by Matthews.

Both Daryl Murphy and O’Grady had shots blocked in quick succession as the home side looked to double their lead going into the break.

Five minutes after the restart Luke Murphy was felled 25 yards from goal but Politic’s resulting free-kick was blocked by the wall.

Bryan, looking solid along Nsiala in the back four, ushered the ball out for a goal kick whilst under presser from Ferrier.

Ethan Hamilton unleashed a low drive which Davies spilled but O’Grady’s follow up was blocked, as was Politic’s effort immediately afterwards.

A surging run from Bryan brought in Daryl Murphy but the big striker’s curling effort went over the bar.

The hosts confirmed victory thanks to O’Grady’s well-taken effort. Hamilton’s shot went straight into the ground which presented the striker with the opportunity to guide the ball on the volley into the back of the net.

Hamilton went close shortly afterwards from a tight angle before Brandon Fleming saw a shot go wide of target.

Wanderers offered outstanding value for their victory and the 13,000 plus Wanderers fans were in fine voice once the referee blew for time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sat Feb 01 2020, 22:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

9Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sat Feb 01 2020, 23:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good all round performance, thought Bryan had a good game and carries the ball very well and the defence looked a lot tighter.

Always good to beat the plastic scousers especially as i got loads of stick of a load of Tranmere fans on the train before the game, so it was a little bit sweeter  Very Happy

10Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sun Feb 02 2020, 00:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Game highlights.

Enjoy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sun Feb 02 2020, 01:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only hope that we can back this performance up with more of the same and that the new players can be integrated and reach their potential, but it's the first win in two months and we need so many more yet I suddenly feel we're not going to go down without a fight.

12Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 2 -0 Tranmere Sun Feb 02 2020, 15:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't know if you know, but Ken's really pleased.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum