Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Coronavirus - the political argument

Coronavirus - the political argument

+13
observer
Sluffy
gloswhite
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
wessy
Cajunboy
xmiles
karlypants
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 31]

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y. wrote:Yes that post was to mock you a bit - thought you could handle a joke. All I did was post my opinions on the thread as any other poster had been throughout - Ten Bob even got on to Dale Vince somehow but that’s fine with you because it’s an opinion you like.

One last time anyway, how is this thread different?

You really don't know???

It keeps arguments off the one where people could talk about their hopes and fears free from such shite.  People who are at genuinely at risk of dying, or who have loved ones who are if they catch this.

Yet your mate Ten Bob is free to post whatever he wants on there? See the double standards?

Doubt even you’re so one eyed not to be able to - but perhaps I’m wrong. You’ve had this kind of behaviour spelt out to you by numerous different posters over the years and no difference made, so I don’t know why I bother trying to hold a mirror up to it.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You both need to put an end to this nonsense now as it isn't getting anybody anywhere at all.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst getting back on topic the Labour Mayor Sheila Oakes has been booted out of the Labour party for the comments about Boris Johnson.

karlypants wrote:You both need to put an end to this nonsense now as it isn't getting anybody anywhere at all.

Yes agreed.

karlypants wrote:Whilst getting back on topic the Labour Mayor Sheila Oakes has been booted out of the Labour party for the comments about Boris Johnson.

Saw that, good to read they acted quickly and didn’t even consider keeping her on.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y. wrote:Yes that post was to mock you a bit - thought you could handle a joke. All I did was post my opinions on the thread as any other poster had been throughout - Ten Bob even got on to Dale Vince somehow but that’s fine with you because it’s an opinion you like.

One last time anyway, how is this thread different?

You really don't know???

It keeps arguments off the one where people could talk about their hopes and fears free from such shite.  People who are at genuinely at risk of dying, or who have loved ones who are if they catch this.

Yet your mate Ten Bob is free to post whatever he wants on there? See the double standards?

Doubt even you’re so one eyed not to be able to - but perhaps I’m wrong. You’ve had this kind of behaviour spelt out to you by numerous different posters over the years and no difference made, so I don’t know why I bother trying to hold a mirror up to it.

Sums you up mate.

You're so keen to put someone like me right who you believe to be wrong on the internet that you lose sight of real life.

Maybe I am wrong at times but is that worth genuinely upsetting real live people to make your point?

Obviously to you it is.

Yet another one who can't tell the difference between an internet grudge and real life.

Perhaps you should take the plank out of your own eye first before you take the speck out of mine?

Maybe you need to look in the mirror too!

As for Ten Bob, is anyone arguing with him, is he distressing people by looking for a deliberate reaction?

No he's not - unlike you.

Nobody was distressed by my posts. So give it a rest and move on for your own and the forums sake, you’re tying yourself up in knots trying to justify this rubbish.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was drawn to read this thread because of the title, what i found was not political but "Corona virus another in house arguement"  But whatever for what it's worth I have never hid the fact that i am a Labour party member, but lets be real and sensible any government would make some mistakes whilst trying to solve this pandemic now is not the time to score points or hold anyone to account, however a full scrutiny is inevitable when this shitstorm is over. 

Thank god we are not being led by Trump at this time, small mercies. I wish the PM Boris Johnson a full recovery and hope he is back in number 10 sooner rather than later (trust me i never thought i would write that).

However all life is political and in time the gloves wil once again be off, no one should lose sight that we started this pandemic in a very poor state due in full to this government and BJ played a leading role in the austerity that led to NHS staff not receiving any worthwhile pay rises, the burseries being stopped so we had fewer nurses, and the total destruction of social care, and of course the depleted stock on PPE and ventilators.  Support now ,question later will be the outcome. keep safe.

One thing I have found interesting in recent weeks is the lack of visibility of Priti Patel. She’s Home Secretary after all, may that indicate she’s got the virus? Or just not at the centre of the response?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Nobody was distressed by my posts. So give it a rest and move on for your own and the forums sake, you’re tying yourself up in knots trying to justify this rubbish.

You're wrong about that but I won't break a confidence to prove it.

You think you are so smart and clever...

You really aren't at times.

Ye very convenient for you not to be able to reveal the identity of this mystery poster Sluffy. If you want to continue this message me, otherwise drop it for everybody’s sake.

T.R.O.Y. wrote:One thing I have found interesting in recent weeks is the lack of visibility of Priti Patel. She’s Home Secretary after all, may that indicate she’s got the virus? Or just not at the centre of the response?

Bump

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Ye very convenient for you not to be able to reveal the identity of this mystery poster Sluffy. If you want to continue this message me, otherwise drop it for everybody’s sake.

Believe what you want, doesn't make what I say to be a lie though.

Why would you even dream that I may want to carry this on in private - it's always been about you deliberately looking for a reaction from me in public as you do all the time.

Bottom line though was that I asked for that one and only particular thread, in all the time Nuts has been in existence, to be respected and you deliberately and cynically chose to ignore that and troll me instead for your own personal amusement, no matter what.

Fuck everybody else though, as long as you're scoring your points on the internet.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'd forgotten about her TROY, but I had noticed  before this virus took hold that she went into hiding immediately after the first day or so of the argument around her. With her way of working, I doubt very much she would be of use in this situation. I think she would just charge ahead with very little sensitivity.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy, this is getting out of hand, and I'm getting concerned for you. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, and I know how frustrating TROY can be, and the fact that he just keeps going on regardless. but you need to wind down a bit mate. Trying to reason with TROY can sometimes feel like pissing in the wind, it just isn't worth the frustration.
Take it easy, put your feet up, and relax.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wessy wrote:

However all life is political and in time the gloves wil once again be off, no one should lose sight that we started this pandemic in a very poor state due in full to this government and BJ played a leading role in the austerity that led to NHS staff not receiving any worthwhile pay rises, the burseries being stopped so we had fewer nurses, and the total destruction of social care, and of course the depleted stock on PPE and ventilators.  Support now ,question later will be the outcome. keep safe.

Well said wessy.

Brexit has also made things worse with the exodus of many doctors and nurses and the ridiculous failure to participate in EU wide initiatives over things like ventilators.

gloswhite wrote:I'd forgotten about her TROY, but I had noticed  before this virus took hold that she went into hiding immediately after the first day or so of the argument around her. With her way of working, I doubt very much she would be of use in this situation. I think she would just charge ahead with very little sensitivity.

Would probably agree with you, I’m no fan (that probably doesn’t surprise you). The government/cabinet is beginning to look a little thin on the ground though. Can only hope for speedy recoveries and no more spreading now of course but there aren’t many left to take the lead should Raab come down with it next.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y. wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I'd forgotten about her TROY, but I had noticed  before this virus took hold that she went into hiding immediately after the first day or so of the argument around her. With her way of working, I doubt very much she would be of use in this situation. I think she would just charge ahead with very little sensitivity.

Would probably agree with you, I’m no fan (that probably doesn’t surprise you). The government/cabinet is beginning to look a little thin on the ground though. Can only hope for speedy recoveries and no more spreading now of course but there aren’t many left to take the lead should Raab come down with it next.
Agree, but i think the big guns, such as Gove, are quietly watching him working his way into a corner, and will probably bale him out if needed. Not a good showing for him though.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Sluffy, this is getting out of hand, and I'm getting concerned for you. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, and I know how frustrating TROY can be, and the fact that he just keeps going on regardless. but you need to wind down a bit mate. Trying to reason with TROY can sometimes feel like pissing in the wind, it just isn't worth the frustration.
Take it easy, put your feet up, and relax.

Thanks Glos I'm fine.

We all know he gets his jollies from arguing ad nauseum but I knew others didn't want such shite on that particular thread but he obvious didn't wish to see further than me and again made it about personal point scoring.

He's clearly smart enough to know better but he just seems determined to go out of his way to get that reaction out of me no matter what and despite everyone else's enjoyment of the site.

He shouldn't have done it on that particular thread and I believe he realises that now.

Lesson learned now perhaps but let's move on anyway.

You invented another poster complained to you to drag the argument on.

Just give it a break.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum