Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - the political argument

+13
observer
Sluffy
gloswhite
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
wessy
Cajunboy
xmiles
karlypants
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 31]

571Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Wed Jun 03 2020, 15:47

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for  your post Sluffy, good to see you pop up on here again.

572Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Wed Jun 03 2020, 16:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is nice to see you back Sluffy, i know i've criticized you in the past for the way you go about things but would hate to think you think you can't post on your own forum.

573Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Wed Jun 03 2020, 16:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Bit tasteless to say accuse posters of having mental health issues in my opinion.
I agree. Dear dear.

574Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Wed Jun 03 2020, 21:19

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Funny nobody said anything when he directed that accusation at me.

575Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Wed Jun 03 2020, 21:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Funny nobody said anything when he directed that accusation at me.
Didn't know he had.

576Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Wed Jun 03 2020, 22:31

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

[quote="boltonbonce"][quote="Angry Dad"]Funny nobody said anything when he directed that accusation at me.[/quote]
Didn't know he had.[/quote]

Yes he did ,didn't like something i commented and said i was mentally disturbed or very similar 
I commented on a post with someone else and he had a go at him and as for the other one he,s obviously mentally disturbed meaning me. I told KP How i felt about it and he said cool down or similar i have no problem with KP it was about the china problem and i wrote about an experience i had at a take away and the filthy things they got up to all true by the way bonce.

577Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Wed Jun 03 2020, 22:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Interesting development in the Cummings story (yes that is a pun):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-52911605

578Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 08:06

Boris declares himself ‘proud’ of the government handling of Coronavirus. Couldn’t make it up, this government and its supporters are becoming as dangerous as the clown across the pond.

579Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 08:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And as for following scientific advice here is a quote from the front page of the Times today:

Leading scientists warned last night that Boris Johnson’s two-week foreign quarantine plans made “no sense” as Downing Street’s own chief scientific adviser distanced himself from the policy.

The government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) was not consulted on the decision to make all arrivals in Britain self-isolate for two weeks. There is frustration among some members that introducing the restrictions on Monday is “not following the science”.

580Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 09:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Making people self isolate when they enter the UK seems like a no brainer to me. How can it possibly hurt?

581Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 10:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But does it make sense for people from here who go on holiday or abroad for some other reason to self isolate when they get back? Most European countries for example have much lower infection rates than us.

582Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 10:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:But does it make sense for people from here who go on holiday or abroad for some other reason to self isolate when they get back? Most European countries for example have much lower infection rates than us.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Let's be honest, millions of Brits abroad getting pissed every night is a recipe for a massive second wave.

It's just common sense to stop any spread.

583Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 10:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We do have a holiday booked for Portugal at the end of July but Mrs Pig doesn't want to risk it even if there is a arrangement set up between the UK and Portugal to stop the self isolation. As NHS workers we couldn't have 2 weeks holiday then 2 weeks isolation so we need to see what our options are.

Mrs Pig would prefer to move it to the same time next year.

584Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 10:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't blame her, I honestly don't see how a holiday in July could be much fun with social distancing everywhere.

585Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 13:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Better to be safe than sorry.

Let's be honest, millions of Brits abroad getting pissed every night is a recipe for a massive second wave.

It's just common sense to stop any spread.

But there is no scientific justification for this half baked quarantine so it isn't common sense. Infection rates are far lower in EU countries than here. In addition it will be completely impossible to police.

Just how far do you want to take "better safe than sorry" Nat?

586Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 13:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:But there is no scientific justification for this half baked quarantine so it isn't common sense. Infection rates are far lower in EU countries than here. In addition it will be completely impossible to police.

Just how far do you want to take "better safe than sorry" Nat?

The virus is far from extinct in the rest of the world. It doesn't take many initial infections to start a second wave so why risk it?

It's common sense to quarantine people coming in from other countries. What is the downside? A few people are inconvenienced for a couple of weeks.

587Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 13:57

I mean, the downside is clearly to the economy. 

Personally though i think they should be quarantining anyone arriving, the only question for me is why they have waited until now instead of doing it before our infection rate became so dangerous. Horse has already bolted.

588Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 14:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Part of the downside is the further damage to the tourist and travel industry.

As I have already said there is no scientific support for this quarantine. It seems to be just a political decision and it is totally impractical.

I am not advocating abandoning all safeguarding measures but I am hoping that we will only be advised to adhere to those that are sensible.

589Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Part of the downside is the further damage to the tourist and travel industry.

As I have already said there is no scientific support for this quarantine. It seems to be just a political decision and it is totally impractical.

That makes no sense, are you suggesting that isolating yourself for a fortnight has no impact on the virus?

Bob comes back from Europe with the virus but shows no symptoms. He attends 3 BBQs, meets loads of people, and passes the virus onto 30 other people.

Edith comes back from Europe with the virus and goes into a 2 week quarantine and passes the virus to no one.

You'll really need to explain the "science" to me.

590Coronavirus - the political argument - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - the political argument Thu Jun 04 2020, 14:54

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:We do have a holiday booked for Portugal at the end of July but Mrs Pig doesn't want to risk it even if there is a arrangement set up between the UK and Portugal to stop the self isolation. As NHS workers we couldn't have 2 weeks holiday then 2 weeks isolation so we need to see what our options are.

Mrs Pig would prefer to move it to the same time next year.
Listen to your wife, peace of mind is everything at the moment.

Two plane flights to contend with and a lot of nutters on the move too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum