Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 32]

1Vince Watch Empty Vince Watch Thu Apr 16 2020, 22:35

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Like to keep you folk up to date with the latest from our tax-dodging hero.

Apparently Burger King brought out this new 100% beef-free burger two or three months ago which was referred to the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) because some people might have assumed it to be vegan. 

However Burger King failed to make it clear that it was dressed with an egg-based mayonnaise and vegans could have been struck down with some life-threatening illness if they had made the fatal mistake of buying one from the well-known burger eatery.

Our hero was on to it in a flash denouncing those evil Burger King charlatans of dealing in 'whopping whoppers'.

All hail, Prince Dale, all round good egg and defender of the faith!

2Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Sep 28 2020, 13:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This is where you should be posting Bob. You started the thread.

We can all play somewhere else.

3Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Sep 28 2020, 13:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Vince was also accused of vegetable theft...

4Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 07 2020, 16:37

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@wanderlust wrote:Vince was also accused of vegetable theft...

Did I mention that another two directors of Ecotricity Group have collected their P45s? That's three in six months including yet another Finance Director. Curious that FD's don't seem to stick around long.

5Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Oct 09 2020, 14:01

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
All you Dale Vince followers should be getting your NoKenDo shirts out again today because LowTaxDale is being celebrated on BBC Radio 4 tonight along with FGR's newly-appointed Artistic Director, Rob somebody or other.

Who needs a Finance Director when you can have an 'artistic' one instead?

Good old Auntie Beeb. She knows what's good for us.

Anyway its lamb chops and sausages for us tonight. Its not a protest; I like lamb chops and sausages.

6Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Oct 09 2020, 14:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm a vegetarian. I've adopted a pig. You should all do the same. Doesn't have to be a pig of course.
I'm also funding the retirement of a bullock. 
My dad, a butcher, always felt I'd let the side down.

7Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Oct 09 2020, 22:39

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It seems our hero's been on Talksport too today. How does he do it? How come nobody asks him the questions he ought to be asked?

Never mind, the lamb chops and sausages were nice as was the Chilean pinot noir.

Onwards and upwards

8Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Oct 10 2020, 09:52

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You couldn't make it up, but a document was filed at Companies House yesterday, only FIVE AND A HALF YEARS LATE, which showed that Ecotricity Group bought back 20 x 1P shares for £7MILLION.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03521776/filing-history

What does it mean? It means Dale Vince, the man who threatened to liquidate BWFC and isn't interested in money,  pocketed £7MILLION of the company's money.

Just imagine if Ken Anderson had done summat like that.

9Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Oct 10 2020, 10:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Has he broken the law?

10Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Oct 10 2020, 10:25

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:Has he broken the law?
You'd need an investigation to prove that.
Were the shares worth that?
Was there an independent valuation?
Why did it take over five years to make the declaration?
When was the Stamp Duty paid?
Were there other legal requirements that weren't fulfilled?

11Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Oct 10 2020, 11:31

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Thought I'd take a look at how much profit Ecotricity Group's made since Mr Vince's £7million for a few of its 1P shares.

It did make a profit in one year (or that's what the accounts said) but losses in all the other three with Finance Directors coming and going faster than footie club managers.

Net loss over four years £26million

12Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Oct 11 2020, 09:52

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
There's an interesting note in the 2017 accounts of the Ecotricity Group to the effect that unbilled gas income had previously been overestimated by £11m.

In other words the previous accounts weren't correct and profits had been overstated by a substantial amount (probably over several years).

So how was the valuation of £7million for a few 1P shares calculated?

13Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 12 2020, 09:08

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Summat not right in the lives of folk who are tweeting at 2 o'clock in the morning, if you ask me, but 'ar Dale's no lie-abed. He's up tweeting again this morning telling all his fans he agrees with David Conn. No surprise there but when those two agree on anything it needs looking at carefully.

14Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 12 2020, 12:47

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
'Machiavellian deal with the devil' says Simon Jordan.

Liverpool fan Rick Parry thinks its great. Vince agrees with Parry and Vince speaks for the Football League's clubs or that's what he thinks and so, it seems, does Talkshite. The barsteward's on again this afty.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8830357/Simon-Jordan-rips-Project-Big-Picture-plans-deal-devil.html

15Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Oct 17 2020, 11:53

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The Ecotricity Group had a new Finance Director when its 2017 accounts were signed off in January 2018. Karen Coombes had been in place for only a few weeks and was destined to be in her job for less than a year. 

Those accounts reported a loss of £19m with a note that £11m of the loss related to previous years because the amounts of unbilled gas supplies had been consistently overstated. One might wonder how you can run an energy supply business properly without having a reasonable handle on how much the unbilled gas supplies amounted to at any time let alone a year end when the figures are required to be calculated and audited.

But that's what the accounts said. Did anyone notice? Surely someone must have; the £11m was more than enough to wipe out all the declared profits of the previous five years with room to spare.

The losses in 2017 were followed by more reported losses in 2018 and 2019 but what else was happening in this eight years of loss making, amounting to £21.5m in total?

Well Dale Vince took out £8.5m in interest free loans and the Ecotricity Group spent another £12m on Forest Green Rovers.

What's this got to do with Bolton Wanderers? Not too much except that Dale Vince was the one who branded Ken Anderson a rogue owner and threatened to put BWFC into liquidation.

16Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 21 2020, 15:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
It's not exactly Vince related but it is about a liquidation of a company (well two actually) one of which was a famous sportsman's company to "exploit his name and image rights" non other than the people's cycling hero Bradley Wiggins, who I always had my doubts about, even before the infamous jiffy bag affair.

Bradley Wiggins liquidates businesses with debts of over £1m

Creditors expected to be left out of pocket as Team Wiggins company folds.

It's quite a long read and probably of little interest to most but I do hope Bob see's it and does find it as something he might like to read.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/bradley-wiggins-liquidates-businesses-with-debts-of-over-1m-473202

Vince Watch _63560949_015501557-1

17Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 21 2020, 16:15

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I doubt he will need to get on his bike to earn a crust.

Always thought he was a prick.

18Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 21 2020, 16:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He appears to be having a mid life crisis. New bird in tow.

19Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Oct 25 2020, 07:56

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Je suis Bob and Bob’s alive and kicking.

He’s enjoyed a week’s respite and would recommend it to anyone.

Bob never did care much for Sir Bradley of Wiggins so hasn’t spent any time on him but he has taken a quick look at a company called MUCS Enterprises Ltd. Bob knows what MU stands for and doesn’t like it much. Well he doesn’t like it at all to be perfectly honest.

You’ll have to make up your own minds about the CS bit but MUCS is owned by Saint Marcus of Rashford and makes large amounts of dosh presumably out of his ‘image rights’. Nearly £4.5m pre-tax in its first three years but recently Saint Marcus seems to have been focusing on the virtue signaling side of the operation.

You might have to wait a bit for the most recent results as MUCS usually files its accounts in Fergie time. MUCS has a cash mountain but has also helped Saint Marcus out by providing him with a £396K interest-free loan. It saves Saint Marcus from the unfair imposition of paying income tax on it. Maybe he should have a word with Dale Vince to see if there isn’t some way of converting it into a capital gain. Be fair, tax at 10% ain’t too bad, is it?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09551906/filing-history

And Bob says he’s all in favour of free school dinners. He says he’s not got where he is today without the nutritious and character building qualities of frogspawn, dead man’s leg and dead fly pie.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sun Oct 25 2020, 10:33; edited 1 time in total

20Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Oct 25 2020, 09:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bonce sends Bob his best wishes, and hopes he had a productive break.
Bonce also wishes to concur with Bob's views regarding free school dinners. Bonce is the man he is thanks to dead fly pie in particular.

I'm Joe Biden, and I approve this message.

21Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Oct 25 2020, 11:48

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:Bonce sends Bob his best wishes, and hopes he had a productive break.
Bonce also wishes to concur with Bob's views regarding free school dinners. Bonce is the man he is thanks to dead fly pie in particular.

Thanks Boncey.

Bob did have a productive break. He established contact with Bethany McLean best known for her writing on the Enron scandal and the 2008 financial crisis. He's not expecting much out of it but you may remember that she had this article published in the Guardian the day before Ken Anderson took Doidge on loan, coincidentally the same day that the delayed repayment to Blumarble was due.

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/bethany-mclean

Oh and Bob's first consignment from Portugal Vineyards arrived and he's now ordered some more.

22Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Oct 25 2020, 17:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Bonce sends Bob his best wishes, and hopes he had a productive break.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-mps-entitlement-to-free-work-meals?share=3354a99e-e374-402c-a0cb-ba21447ef0c9&source=&utm_source=

23Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Oct 25 2020, 17:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

24Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Oct 25 2020, 22:21

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Cheers KP. Very Happy
Forget the MPs. Concentrate on what really matters. Every child needs at least one decent meal every day and schools should be a central part of its provision.

25Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Oct 25 2020, 22:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Forget the MPs. Concentrate on what really matters. Every child needs at least one decent meal every day and schools should be a central part of its provision.
Wouldn't chime with our window cleaner.

"Schools are places of learning. Parents should feed their own effin kids".

He's not a man overly blessed with charm.

26Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Oct 25 2020, 22:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I should add that he has views on several other things as well, but I won't bore you with them.

He's particularly inventive with regard to prisons.

27Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Oct 25 2020, 23:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:
Cheers KP. Very Happy

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/554276/

28Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 07:04

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:I should add that he has views on several other things as well, but I won't bore you with them.

M called round the other day. One of nature's real gems, is M.  She calls every couple of months or so and we have a chat and  a cup of tea. COVID says she can't come in at the moment so she sat on the front wall whilst we talked at a safe distance. Her son's murderer had been released from prison and was back living round the corner from M's house. He'd served two years of a four-year sentence for the murder.

29Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 07:07

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

30Vince Watch Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 09:10

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:

Laughing
The sort, I imagine that voted brexit to bring back hanging.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 32]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum