Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

+14
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
sunlight
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
wanderlust
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 50]

31Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 11:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

signed as well  :like:

32Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 11:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
M called round the other day. One of nature's real gems, is M.  She calls every couple of months or so and we have a chat and  a cup of tea. COVID says she can't come in at the moment so she sat on the front wall whilst we talked at a safe distance. Her son's murderer had been released from prison and was back living round the corner from M's house. He'd served two years of a four-year sentence for the murder.
Four years for murder?  ..dunno..

33Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 12:11

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Four years for murder?  ..dunno..
He admitted to the killing but pleaded guilty to manslaughter. Two blows to the head apparently. M's son was a bright lad at school and a talented footballer but he suffered from mental health problems later. When he started to sink into his depressive moods, M would  try, unsuccessfully, to get him some in-patient treatment. It was hard to find and he'd take to drinking heavily. He was killed by somebody he drank with.

34Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 12:33

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I suggest Boris gets Rishi to bring in an Image Rights Tax (IRT) that stops vastly overpaid Premiership footballers from getting away with paying only 19% (or less) on exploiting their 'image'.
It'd help towards the extra food costs and shouldn't IRT too much. Saint Marcus would surely support that.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Mon Oct 26 2020, 14:04; edited 2 times in total

35Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 13:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Government should be ensuring kids can eat not footballers. Rashford has done a fantastic job and deserves nothing but credit.

We're all in this together eh Boris?  Rolling Eyes

36Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 14:05

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kevin De Bruyne's got an image rights company. So has Vince's buddy, Hector Bellerin, but Saint Marcus seems to be something of a frontrunner.

37Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 14:12

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:Government should be ensuring kids can eat not footballers. Rashford has done a fantastic job and deserves nothing but credit.

We're all in this together eh Boris?  Rolling Eyes
Who made sure you ate? Government or parents?
Governments should make sure there are satisfactory safety nets.

38Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 14:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Norpig wrote:Government should be ensuring kids can eat not footballers. Rashford has done a fantastic job and deserves nothing but credit.

We're all in this together eh Boris?  Rolling Eyes
Who made sure you ate? Government or parents?
Governments should make sure there are satisfactory safety nets.

I also think back to when I was little and how my parents did without to make sure that my brother and I were fed, clothed and sheltered from them working hard for a living and going without themselves if need be.

It used to get right up my nose when I paid for my daughter and her older half-sister for meals when I knew plenty that were playing the system and getting free school meals for their kids.

No kids should have to go hungry in this country, the state already provides for them, you need to ask what the parents are doing with the money they get if they are using it first and foremost to feed and keep safe their own children.

A local school has a traveler's site in their catchment area, kids arrive at the school (and are picked up afterwards) in their parents BMW 4x4's, all on free school meals.

If they can find money to have new BMW's they have money to feed their kids.

The government isn't the problem it's all those who rip it off who are.

And don't lose sight that it's the government's money in the first place - it's not - it's the money from the taxes hardworking decent people like you and I pay.

People like us who go out to work. pay our taxes, and if need be go without so our children can have what they need, not the countless numbers who think the country owes them a free living.

I can't understand how any parent would let their child go hungry, I'd starve first rather than let my child do without, not go out a get myself the latest iPhone or buy little Johnny a new escooter!

The parent has the responsibility not the state and for you and I to pay for them - as well as our own!

39Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 14:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Who made sure you ate? Government or parents?
Governments should make sure there are satisfactory safety nets.
Growing up in a one parent family when my Mum was sometimes out of work then both.

40Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 14:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are both missing the point. A lot of the parents struggling now and even before Covid are in work but still can't make ends meet.

Would you rather they packed in work and relied solely on the Government?

I have to say i find both your attitudes on this quite sad and depressing.

41Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 15:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:If they can find money to have new BMW's they have money to feed their kids.

Are you suggesting everyone on benefits has a brand new BMW?

42Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 15:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:If they can find money to have new BMW's they have money to feed their kids.

Are you suggesting everyone on benefits has a brand new BMW?

I'm suggesting plenty play the system - in fact I know a fair few that do - it's widespread and been going on for years and years.

It's more how you choose to live your life to me, I just prefer to be generally honesty, many take that as me being generally stupid.

Maybe they are right.

After all I'm paying my way and contributing in paying theirs too.

That's not very bright of me is it?

I still do it though, I can't think and behave like them whether I'm stupid or not.



Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Oct 26 2020, 15:41; edited 1 time in total

43Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 15:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:You are both missing the point. A lot of the parents struggling now and even before Covid are in work but still can't make ends meet.

Would you rather they packed in work and relied solely on the Government?

I have to say i find both your attitudes on this quite sad and depressing.

Ask yourself why are a lot of parents struggling, is it because they spend more than they earn or get in benefits?

What have they spend their money on, foreign holidays, new phones for everyone, e-scooters, ipads, large screen tv's, tattoos, fags, booze, drugs and a million and one other things that they could cut back on to feed their kids.

If your kid is starving then sell your phone, tv, e-scooter, or whatever but don't just stop feeding them ffs!

I find your acceptance of people not putting their child's needs before their own and sending their kids out hungry for someone else to feed them to be far more sad and depressing - basically inhuman of them in fact.

44Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 15:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Such compassion Sluffy  Rolling Eyes

As i said before there are lots of people out there struggling even with jobs, Yes there may be people playing the system but if you'd rather the kids of those people went hungry then that's where we differ.

Do you think most of the people struggling really are splashing all their cash on phones. fags and the rest? Seems to me to be an argument or statement straight out of the Daily Mail and one that is not strictly true.

Do you really imagine the people struggling really want to have to go to foodbanks and get vouchers for food to feed their kids and put up with the shame they must feel? 

I grew up in one parent family with a Mum who was often out of work and when she did have a job was usually a low paid factory job or waitressing. I only now can appreciate the lengths she went to to keep me and my Brother fed. If there had been foodbanks i'm pretty sure  we would have been using them at certain points of my childhood.

45Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 16:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh dear, Sluffy.

46Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 16:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Such compassion Sluffy  Rolling Eyes

As i said before there are lots of people out there struggling even with jobs, Yes there may be people playing the system but if you'd rather the kids of those people went hungry then that's where we differ.

Do you think most of the people struggling really are splashing all their cash on phones. fags and the rest? Seems to me to be an argument or statement straight out of the Daily Mail and one that is not strictly true.

Do you really imagine the people struggling really want to have to go to foodbanks and get vouchers for food to feed their kids and put up with the shame they must feel? 

I grew up in one parent family with a Mum who was often out of work and when she did have a job was usually a low paid factory job or waitressing. I only now can appreciate the lengths she went to to keep me and my Brother fed. If there had been foodbanks i'm pretty sure  we would have been using them at certain points of my childhood.

Nah I never said the state shouldn't feed a starving child what I did say though was that a parent should not send a child out who is starving - a completely different thing entirely.

I bet your mum never sent you or your brother out hungry - ever - am I right?  In fact no need to answer because I know that will be the case, we are from the same part of town and that was how things were when we were growing up even though you are a generation younger than me, things would still have been the same.

Exactly the same with my parents, my father was in the building trade and my mother in the mills so neither well paid and both often out of work, my brother and I came first always.  As a kid you don't realise at the time but when you have a family of your own and money is tight you KNOW what you have to do - and that isn't sending your child out on to the streets to school, hungry.

Part of my career has been dealing with family's in the community, so yes I can speak from experience of seeing first hand how they play the system and at times USE their children to get what they want.

I don't need the Daily Mail or anyone else to do my thinking for me, thank you very much.

There's simply too many people who think they are 'entitled' that they can do what they want without consequences - and by and large they are correct, someone WILL feed their kids, the state WILL provide a home and benefits for them (even if they've never contributed anything into the pot in their lives) - why should they worry or be responsible?

Doesn't how people behave during the virus - and I'm talking about everyone from the rich and famous to the dumb and ignorant - show us all that most people only care about themselves and fuck the rest of us?

We get what we deserve and that's why a well meaning young man is doing what he believes to be right but what the likes of you and me will ultimately pay for because too many people simply don't seem to have an issue about not feeding their own kids?

Something's gone badly wrong with society to get to that point don't you think?

I do.

It just seems to be acceptable these days though and the governments seen to be the ones that are failing.

Why is it the governments fault if a parent is happy to send his kid to school hungry - unheard of in my time - and yours too!

Where's the community, the family, friends and neighbours rallying around to help, even teach the parents, how to live and look after their kids?

Nah, it's the governments fault.

Always the government's fault, never the parents.

47Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 16:45

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've known M through the voluntary work she did for over 30 years for a young peoples charity. She has no status or possessions and is still volunteering. But no-one will know much about her. She has no celebrity status, she's not feted by the media, she just gets on with helping people in need of help and she's been doing it week after week, year after year.

48Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 16:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you really believe any parent would be happy to send their kids to school hungry whatever the circumstances then you are very wrong.

There are good people out there doing all they can to feed their kids so being lumped in with the skivers is one more ignominy they need to put up with, good work Sluffy.

As for the community helping out, unless you've had your head up your arse for the last few days then you can see what's happening all across the country. The Government, who by the way won lots of seats up North and promised we were all in this together now decide to wash their hands of the issue and accuse Rashford of virtue signalling.

49Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 17:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Life simply isn’t just black and white.

50Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Oct 26 2020, 17:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:If you really believe any parent would be happy to send their kids to school hungry whatever the circumstances then you are very wrong.

There are good people out there doing all they can to feed their kids so being lumped in with the skivers is one more ignominy they need to put up with, good work Sluffy.

As for the community helping out, unless you've had your head up your arse for the last few days then you can see what's happening all across the country. The Government, who by the way won lots of seats up North and promised we were all in this together now decide to wash their hands of the issue and accuse Rashford of virtue signalling.

Next time you go to your kids school ask them if they have pupils arriving there hungry - it certainly happens where I live, many even hold unofficial breakfast clubs to feed them.

I doubt where I live is much difference to anywhere else in the country in that respect?

The 'good' people you talk about WON'T be sending their kids out hungry in the first place so I'm not lumping them in with anybody.

Oh and don't give me this north and south divide shit - I live in Royal Berkshire and can see the Queen's home from my windows but there's plenty of kids arriving at schools around here having not been fed by their loving and caring mums and dads.

It's not hard to put your children first and I fear for the child if they can't.

But you have it your way, it's all the governments fault.

I'm sure parent's won't be sending their children out hungry under a Labour government will they...?

The issue isn't a political one, it is a social one, one where it as become an acceptable thing to do.

How can sending a child out hungry, in this country in the twenty-first century, be seen to be something that is acceptable by the community in which these people live?

Beyond my comprehension?

But clearly it is, or they wouldn't be doing it.



Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum