Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 16]

391Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Wed Dec 30 2020, 21:13

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
How can you give an opinion on someone you don't know, Bob? We're all internet wraiths, clanking our chains across Nuts like Marley's ghost. Who are we?
You might be a fat bird from Droylsden. 
I might spend my spare time in drag.

Vince Watch - Page 14 Oli-_16_0016-555x832
Why are you asking me, Boncey? Shouldn't you be asking, well you know who and you know what I mean, don't you?



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu Dec 31 2020, 08:36; edited 1 time in total

392Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Wed Dec 30 2020, 22:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:I don't think you'd like it much if I gave my honest opinion of you KP.

Nobody cares about your opinion Bob.

Nobody cares about mine either, so you are not alone in that respect!

What's it matter really, we are only on the internet when all said and done.

If people want to believe Iles opinion on finance, or Wanderlust's opinion of how bad Brexit is (he even posted about it on here on Christmas Day ffs!), even though he voted for BREXIT himself!!! - then let them get on with it, as you are never going to change folks views who don't care much about facts when it comes down to whose opinions they choose to believe and those they don't.

I was reading a thread on ww the other day which was basically about being honest - apart from just one or two, most others were happy to admit they were deceitful and out for themselves, some came up with the pathetic logic that it was ok to be dishonest if it was against big companies that could afford the loss.

That's like saying someone is a bit pregnant - they either are or they aren't there's nothing in the middle - you are either honest or you are not - you can't choose to be honest (or pregnant) just when it suits you - and not when it doesn't!!!

Sadly that's representative of todays general society I would say.

I've tried my best to give this forum some credibility, embed honesty and integrity to it, to set it apart from 'follow the crowd, mob mentality thinking' but I've just got fed up of doing so now - I mean what's the point - there's simply too many closed minds and selfish people out there.

Karly is now the only one who holds Nuts together and he's clearly not having much enjoyment from it anymore.

Maybe sometimes it is better to hold our peace with our opinions, wouldn't you say?

You've made your point about Vince, Rashford, Lineker, etc, so much so that you've done it to death now.

If Karly calls it a day then Nuts will die a death for all of us because there's no one else left who is prepared to put the effort into the site anymore.

Perhaps better to put a sock in it for awhile until the forum picks up again, hopefully in the New Year, than end up talking to yourself as everyone else having sacked this forum off and found other things to do?

Apart from that, all the best for 2021 for you and yours and the same goes to all the other Nutters out there too!

Stay safe everyone.

393Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Thu Dec 31 2020, 00:07

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy, I think you're right in what you say to Bob, but I also think that other factors are involved in members' apathy, particularly the interminable, bad-natured personal tiffs with TROY, Wanderlust, xmiles etc that have been of little interest to anyone else on the site. 

The usual lively contributions from bright members have dwindled, not helped by the general low spirits caused by Wanderers' performances, Brexit, the pandemic, lockdowns, Trump etc  

Perhaps we should aim to lift spirits and show more appreciation of each other as fellow Trotters' fans and indulge in less fault-finding.....me included.....

394Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Thu Dec 31 2020, 01:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@okocha wrote:Sluffy, I think you're right in what you say to Bob, but I also think that other factors are involved in members' apathy, particularly the interminable, bad-natured personal tiffs with TROY, Wanderlust, xmiles etc that have been of little interest to anyone else on the site. 

The usual lively contributions from bright members have dwindled, not helped by the general low spirits caused by Wanderers' performances, Brexit, the pandemic, lockdowns, Trump etc  

Perhaps we should aim to lift spirits and show more appreciation of each other as fellow Trotters' fans and indulge in less fault-finding.....me included.....

Let us put this to bed once and for all shall we?

TROY argues for the love of it.

It goes beyond normal argument/disagreement that anyone can and does have and into the realms of contriving the argument simply to keep it going, returning time and time again to what has been said, several times, already.

I assume he finds amusement/some sort of personal satisfaction in this because it goes far beyond any form of normal behaviour - even for the internet.

I don't see anything bad natured in it though.

Xmiles IS a fake account.

It's not been an issue until the account itself turned it into one and refused to let the matter drop.

There's never been a rule that any poster should only have one account on here, although personally I don't like the duplicity it can and often does lead to.

It is however the internet we are on and people can present themselves on it as they choose to do so and not necessarily as they are in real life.  People can similarly play games and be as mischievous as they determine to be also.

Unfortunately at times other people get caught up in these 'games' and become disillusioned when the realise they've been taken for a mug.

Wanderlust has an opinion about most things but unfortunately he doesn't base many of them on facts and rather than man up to being wrong will often try to wriggle out of it the as best he can.

As for myself, I'm far too fair and reasonable to be an authoritarian.  I'll reply to posts when I full well know the argument is being deliberately stretched out on purpose. I'll ask repeatedly and give countless 'life's' to people who wouldn't last two minutes on other forums.  And I'll also happily post facts and links to counter the 'fake' news and 'knee jerk' reactions that many people seem to accept as being the truth because that's what they want to believe anyway - and not what the truth actually is.

By the way, correcting an untruth is not 'finding fault' as you put it!

For my trouble I am often trolled, routinely abused and made out to be the major contributor to the site failing.

Quite frankly I've had enough of it.

So as I said a couple of weeks ago if people are happy being played for others amusement and contented to be frequently misled by someone who clearly has issues accepting he is ever wrong, then I'll step back for a while and leave you to it.

Happy New Year to you all.

395Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Thu Dec 31 2020, 08:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
One thing that would easily and quickly raise the spirits on here is banning ten bob for good this time.

396Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Thu Dec 31 2020, 09:03

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Vince, Rashford, Lineker etc. are all symptoms of a much bigger malaise, Sluffy, and I'm not interested in the slightest in influencing the opinions of people for whom I have little or no respect. I have never published facts for their benefit.

But I am interested in getting to the truth about the present, the past and the future of BWFC and you may have noticed that I am not easily deflected. Maybe it comes, in part, from my years as an auditor.

I've been reading with interest Percy M Young's account of his time pouring through minute books at Burnden Park. He went to an awful lot of trouble but I wonder if he realised that minutes are sometimes written to reflect a position that isn't always the whole truth. I doubt I would have understood that quite so well when I first read his book nearly 60 years ago.

Anyway all the best to you for 2021.

397Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Thu Dec 31 2020, 10:33

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The bigger picture is that we all want the site to thrive with interesting, frequent contributions that are worth reading and free from nastiness to fellow members. It's in danger of folding.

It seems to me that Wanderlust, TROY and xmiles fit the bill in terms of well-expressed, interesting postings. I can tolerate exaggeration. Having a bit of imagination doesn't harm anyone and can be amusing.

 I don't care if someone has created a "fake"account or is "playing games", whatever those terms mean.  Neither matters in the bigger picture. Mods, please let xmiles be allowed to send and receive personal messages again. He clearly feels aggrieved to be treated differently when his posts are harmless.

I appreciate that those who get what they judge to be unfair criticism will want to respond and should be allowed to as long as it's kept fair and civil. Freedom of speech is important.

Happy new year to all Nutters and Trotters fans! Here's to a cheery 2021.....


PS: I've copied this to a new thread about the future of the site, where I think it is more likely to be read .

398Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Thu Dec 31 2020, 13:41

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@okocha wrote:The bigger picture is that we all want the site to thrive with interesting, frequent contributions that are worth reading and free from nastiness to fellow members. It's in danger of folding.

It seems to me that Wanderlust, TROY and xmiles fit the bill in terms of well-expressed, interesting postings. I can tolerate exaggeration. Having a bit of imagination doesn't harm anyone and can be amusing.

 I don't care if someone has created a "fake"account or is "playing games", whatever those terms mean.  Neither matters in the bigger picture. Mods, please let xmiles be allowed to send and receive personal messages again. He clearly feels aggrieved to be treated differently when his posts are harmless.

I appreciate that those who get what they judge to be unfair criticism will want to respond and should be allowed to as long as it's kept fair and civil. Freedom of speech is important.

Happy new year to all Nutters and Trotters fans! Here's to a cheery 2021.....


PS: I've copied this to a new thread about the future of the site, where I think it is more likely to be read .
6,272 views seems to imply that this thread does get read a little bit. Maybe some have learned summat they didn't know and, who knows, less inclined to fall for tsunamis of codswallop. I wouldn't bank on it, mind you.

399Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Fri Jan 01 2021, 09:57

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Happy New Year to all at Nuts especially the Vince Watchers. Blessed are the Vince Watchers.

Its looking quite picturesque at Bobsworth's Towers this morning with a thin layer of snow coating the lawns. Phil the pheasant paid us a visit on Christmas Day. He might not be the brightest of birds but he's a handsome fellow and seemed to enjoy pottering round the lawns and gardens for all of two hours.
Didn't seem to bother him at all that it wasn't a Packham-style wilderness.

400Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Fri Jan 01 2021, 11:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Chilly here. The moat has frozen. I've sent Hives, the butler, out with a sledgehammer. Not a pheasant to be seen.
Happy New Year to everyone. This time last year we were still attending matches, and I'm hoping the new year will afford us the same opportunity. Fingers crossed.

401Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Sat Jan 02 2021, 08:49

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy is wrong. There's been nowhere near enough exposure of the fancy fiscal footwork of the fakes and phoneys in the football fraternity, Vince, Lineker and Rashford being obvious examples.

I keep having a bit of a delve but I still haven't found any players that have stashed away as much cash into a small company and taken as much out in tax-avoiding interest-free loans as cake and ha'penny Rashford.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sun Jan 03 2021, 09:05; edited 1 time in total

402Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Sun Jan 03 2021, 09:00

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
If 'the Nuts gang' don't 'give a shit' I can't help wondering who it is that's taken views of Vince Watch past 6,400 now. But what do 'the gang' give a shit about? They've never seemed to me to give a shit about facts anyway always preferring to shout them down with any excuse and no end of abuse.

One of the advantages of radio is that you can get on with doing other things whilst you have it on. Yesterday I was preparing the evening meal whilst briefly listening in to the post-match phone in with SJM on Radio Manchester. The first caller was some nitwit who began by berating FV for not having money to burn. How dare they own Bolton Wanderers if they haven't got money to burn!

The truly depressing thing is that BWFC somehow seems to have fostered a generation of similar-minded nitwits. TB's 'education, education, education' mantra seems to have left a few gaps, if you ask me.

The evening meal? A pork casserole and rather good it was too. No veganuary at Bobsworth Towers, Vinnyboy.

403Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Sun Jan 03 2021, 22:44

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Anyone see the programme about Lance Armstrong tonight? Armstrong thought that cheating wasn't really cheating if there were others cheating too. Seems to me that Armstrong fans might have summat in common with Vinceophiles, Linekerlovers and Rashfidiots.

404Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Sun Jan 03 2021, 23:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Anyone see the programme about Lance Armstrong tonight? Armstrong thought that cheating wasn't really cheating if there were others cheating too. Seems to me that Armstrong fans might have summat in common with Vinceophiles, Linekerlovers and Rashfidiots.
Are those three cheats? Or are they simply using the rules to their advantage? I'm sure Ken would know.

405Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Sun Jan 03 2021, 23:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
I didn't see the programme tonight but I've followed the scandal over the years and know the story well.

The man that brought Armstrong down - and it must be said against impossible odds to do so - is an Irish journalist called David Walsh and he wrote a book about it called 'Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit of Lance Armstrong' which won awards

Speaking personally I didn't like his style of writing so couldn't recommend it as such but a film entitled 'The Programme' was made from his book which is certainly worth a watch.

I know 'cycling' isn't of much interest to most people but if you viewed the film more as a true life 'crime thriller' where you know who the baddie is but you have to prove it, I'm sure most people would enjoy the story.

As for Armstrong was he really a baddie, well he didn't invent performance enhancing drugs and he only started using them after people who he regularly beat started to beat him because they had started doping and he hadn't.

Whatever the rights and wrongs he certainly became the top dog of that generation as much with his 'force' off the cycle as well as on it.

Armstrong isn't a pleasant person and has ruined people and their careers who have stood in his way.

Sadly he's one of those who has 'gotten away with it' so to speak in that, yes, he was caught out and disgraced in the cycling world but he still kept the millions he made from his cheating and clearly is non repentant about it.

I guess a ruthless streak is required to get to the top of the greasy pole in whatever field you are in and I for one could never step on people to get to the top, I never valued the 'prize' to be worth that to me.

Each to his own though.

Good 'theatre' to watch from the 'outside' if you will but no more than that for me and on that basis I would recommend anyone to catch the film if they can.

406Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Mon Jan 04 2021, 09:43

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Are those three cheats? Or are they simply using the rules to their advantage? I'm sure Ken would know.
Scams for scumbags was how the former chief of HMRC described the Ingenious film schemes so enthusiastically taken up by you know who.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jul/31/ingenious-film-investors-lose-human-rights-challenge-over-upfront-tax

Vince and Rashford have different ways of avoiding paying their fareshare but this kind of behaviour usually leads  to ever more complex anti-avoidance rules. Its others that pick up the tab for their form of fancy fiscal footwork.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Mon Jan 04 2021, 13:18; edited 2 times in total

407Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Mon Jan 04 2021, 09:49

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

Let us put this to bed once and for all shall we?

TROY argues for the love of it.

It goes beyond normal argument/disagreement that anyone can and does have and into the realms of contriving the argument simply to keep it going, returning time and time again to what has been said, several times, already.

I assume he finds amusement/some sort of personal satisfaction in this because it goes far beyond any form of normal behaviour - even for the internet.

I don't see anything bad natured in it though.

Xmiles IS a fake account.

It's not been an issue until the account itself turned it into one and refused to let the matter drop.

There's never been a rule that any poster should only have one account on here, although personally I don't like the duplicity it can and often does lead to.

It is however the internet we are on and people can present themselves on it as they choose to do so and not necessarily as they are in real life.  People can similarly play games and be as mischievous as they determine to be also.

Unfortunately at times other people get caught up in these 'games' and become disillusioned when the realise they've been taken for a mug.

Wanderlust has an opinion about most things but unfortunately he doesn't base many of them on facts and rather than man up to being wrong will often try to wriggle out of it the as best he can.

As for myself, I'm far too fair and reasonable to be an authoritarian.  I'll reply to posts when I full well know the argument is being deliberately stretched out on purpose. I'll ask repeatedly and give countless 'life's' to people who wouldn't last two minutes on other forums.  And I'll also happily post facts and links to counter the 'fake' news and 'knee jerk' reactions that many people seem to accept as being the truth because that's what they want to believe anyway - and not what the truth actually is.

By the way, correcting an untruth is not 'finding fault' as you put it!

For my trouble I am often trolled, routinely abused and made out to be the major contributor to the site failing.

Quite frankly I've had enough of it.

So as I said a couple of weeks ago if people are happy being played for others amusement and contented to be frequently misled by someone who clearly has issues accepting he is ever wrong, then I'll step back for a while and leave you to it.

Happy New Year to you all.

Sick of you sniping at me to be honest. If you honestly think I argue ‘for the sake of it’ then block me.

The fact you see any poster who disagrees with your narrow view as a wind up merchant says more about you than the ones you accuse.

408Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Mon Jan 04 2021, 13:41

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Can't think what reminded me of The Three Stooges

409Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Mon Jan 04 2021, 14:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can't think what reminded me of these two. Very Happy

410Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 10:47

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Had a bit of a lie in today but I've got another email from Tax Insider this morning. I haven't told 'em I'm older than Methusaleh's grandad and can't think without the aid of a zimmerframe.

Anyroad its all about the tax issues faced by small businesses resulting from the pandemic. The text begins by saying that ''Many business owners, are in a similar predicament to Monty…''


Monty Marshtitch is the imaginary owner  of a garden centre financially ravaged by the pandemic. I don't suppose they could have called him Allin Smarmypants but I digress, the question is how to deal with the tax on the drawings Monty's had to take from the business to avoid Mrs Marshtitch from having to go to the Wythenshawe foodbank every week.


'Bonus or dividend' is the question Tax Insider poses.


 How about neither? What's wrong with the Vince-Rashford tactic?


Yeah I know it goes against the grain but needs must.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Tue Jan 05 2021, 10:57; edited 2 times in total

411Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 10:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What an exciting life you lead Ten Bob  Laughing

412Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 11:00

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Norpig wrote:What an exciting life you lead Ten Bob  Laughing
Who woke up Walter...and why?

413Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 11:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No one cares nine bob, when will it get through that ancient skull of yours? 6000 plus views you're so proud of and 5900 plus are you checking  Laughing

414Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 12:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My copy of Machine Knitting Monthly failed to arrive in December. They're blaming the virus of course.
Had a look at the Tax Insider website though, Bob, but after a while decided I could find less painful ways of passing the time.
Hence you find me nailing my scrotum to the kitchen table.

415Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 12:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:My copy of Machine Knitting Monthly failed to arrive in December. They're blaming the virus of course.
Had a look at the Tax Insider website though, Bob, but after a while decided I could find less painful ways of passing the time.
Hence you find me nailing my scrotum to the kitchen table.
:rofl:

416Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 13:29

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Norpig wrote:
:rofl:
Humour's a funny thing, wouldn't you agree, Bonsey? What do you suppose tickles Walter's funny bone?

I was wondering though whether you might have just taken a wrong turn somewhere along the road.

Just imagine, if you had taken a different path, you might now be a subscriber to Farmers Weekly, knitting socks with baler twine and mekin personal appearances at Kendal Calling.

417Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 13:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ten Bobs scrotum being nailed to a kitchen table would definitely tickle my funny bone

418Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 13:56

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Norpig wrote:Ten Bobs scrotum being nailed to a kitchen table would definitely tickle my funny bone
The xanax doesn't seem to be working very well. Have you thought of trying summat else?

419Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 14:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
The xanax doesn't seem to be working very well. Have you thought of trying summat else?
I'm drug free thanks, the only medicine i need is winding you up, i feel better already  Laughing

420Vince Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: Vince Watch on Tue Jan 05 2021, 14:58

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Norpig wrote:
I'm drug free thanks, the only medicine i need is winding you up, i feel better already  Laughing
Is that so? You really do have a problem then, don't you?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum