Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 35]

61Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 08:52

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
There was this from the Guardian's Conn character the other day:

Rashford came from a poor background, became a successful footballer and is now trying to help kids who grew up like him Rashford has never forgotten his roots and he the example he is setting is priceless..

So Rashford comes from a poor background and thinks that school meals provision should be extended and improved. I agree with him but I'm not quite seeing what selflessness he's shown, what sacrifices he's made or what exactly is priceless.

He may have done more than I know but there does seem to me to be a monumental appetite for media hype with government and MPs expected to dance to its tune or face a backlash.

If Saint Marcus had donated some of the money he'd saved by paying minimal tax on his image rights, it would set him apart but there's a price on that. About £250K p.a. would do it and he'd still be left with £millions.

Btw Franny Lee gave quite a bit of cash to Bolton Lads and Girls Club iirc.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:14; edited 1 time in total

62Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bob, is there a reason you are so bitter?

63Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Bob, is there a reason you are so bitter?
I was thinking the exact same thing Nat.

64Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:13

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Bob, is there a reason you are so bitter?
I'm not in the least bitter but I can't say I'm keen on folk being Conned. Can't you see that I'm trying to protect you from being Conned? You and everybody else that's been Conned, Vinced or Ilesed.

I haven't told you (yet) what Vince has been up to these last few days but it isn't very nice.

65Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:15

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Norpig wrote:
I was thinking the exact same thing Nat.
You? Thinking? That is a good 'un.

66Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The whole point of Rashford having the press with him when he goes to foodbanks and the like is to use his fame and profile to promote what surely we all agree is something that in in this day and age shouldn't be happening in this country. Not sure why that's difficult to understand?

Would you prefer he went out shagging sex workers and taking laughing gas like other well known footballers? I for one think he is doing a fantastic job and deserves a massive amount of credit.

67Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Dale's book comes out on November 26th. Get in early.

https://forest-green-rovers.myshopify.com/products/manifesto-dale-vince

68Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You? Thinking? That is a good 'un.
See things don't change with you do they? Still an obnoxious bitter and vile old man  Rolling Eyes

69Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:29

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:Dale's book comes out on November 26th. Get in early.

https://forest-green-rovers.myshopify.com/products/manifesto-dale-vince
Do you think Rapunzel, sorry Karen, no sorry Kate will put in an appearance? Not seen much of her for quite a while and she looked like she could do with a plate (or two) of steak pudding and chips the last time she appeared in public.

70Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:
See things don't change with you do they? Still an obnoxious bitter and vile old man  Rolling Eyes
Very important Bob stays in character,Mr Pig. He's faltered a couple of times, but it's still a mightily impressive effort.

71Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Currently there are a large number of charities and small organisations doing their best to provide the safety net for kids, but they tend to be local volunteer-based initiatives with a few national charities thrown in so they don't appear to have a collective voice. I would have thought there is an opportunity to create a national partnership of "safety net providers" with non-exec board representation from the the likes of Social Services - which is pretty much how many of the major social organisations like Age and Mind started off. If the government was so minded, they could invest seed money into e.g. a non-profit NGO or new national charity dedicated to raising funds and co-ordinating services nationally with Rashford as the "face" - rather than reinvent the wheel again. I just think that collectively they could achieve more and get greater financial traction this way. Perhaps they could then get a huge European Social Fund grant?
Oh yeah - scrap the last bit Smile

72Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
Very important Bob stays in character,Mr Pig. He's faltered a couple of times, but it's still a mightily impressive effort.
I was prepared to give him another chance and even took him off my foes list but nothing changes with him does it?

Do you still think he's playing us Boncey? Is he a fake account?

73Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:50

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Thanks Boncey. Maybe you can help me out cos you're quite good at finding stuff sometimes. Pleased you found that book about Hylda Baker btw but I'm curious about Vince's net worth.

The last effort is a bit out-of-date but it said he was worth £107m which seems to me quite high in the light of Ecotricity's loss after loss after loss. And £7m for 20 x 1P shares (10% of the shares) also seemed high but it needed to be high to cover the money he'd taken out.

I've not bought a newspaper since lockdown so I missed the Sunday Times Rich list this year. Do you know if Vince was on it?

74Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Thanks Boncey. Maybe you can help me out cos you're quite good at finding stuff sometimes. Pleased you found that book about Hylda Baker btw but I'm curious about Vince's net worth.

The last effort is a bit out-of-date but it said he was worth £107m which seems to me quite high in the light of Ecotricity's loss after loss after loss. And £7m for 20 x 1P shares (10% of the shares) also seemed high but it needed to be high to cover the money he'd taken out.

I've not bought a newspaper since lockdown so I missed the Sunday Times Rich list this year. Do you know if Vince was on it?
Searched the 2020 list, and his name doesn't appear.

75Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@Norpig wrote:
I was prepared to give him another chance and even took him off my foes list but nothing changes with him does it?

Do you still think he's playing us Boncey? Is he a fake account?

You would have to ask our resident Mystic Meg to answer that. Smile

76Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 12:09

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Searched the 2020 list, and his name doesn't appear.
Thanks. There was  another document filed at Companies House last week correcting a document filed two and a half years ago that was wrong and then there was that other document filed over five years late. Continuing losses, accounts wrong, Finance Directors coming and going like FDs are going out of fashion. It all just keeps ringing alarm bells.

77Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 12:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Thanks. There was  another document filed at Companies House last week correcting a document filed two and a half years ago that was wrong and then there was that other document filed over five years late. Continuing losses, accounts wrong, Finance Directors coming and going like FDs are going out of fashion. It all just keeps ringing alarm bells.
Poor chap should certainly have his collar felt by the fashion police. If I went out looking like him I'd get a slap.

78Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 13:04

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Poor chap should certainly have his collar felt by the fashion police. If I went out looking like him I'd get a slap.
I'd get a slap and be told to stand on the naughty step, Boncey. I wouldn't be allowed out.

Anyway Vince Watch is progressing nicely towards 1,000 views and congrats to you for passing your 25,000 milestone whilst I was on respite.

79Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 13:10

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Tue Oct 27 2020, 13:45; edited 1 time in total

80Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 13:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I'd get a slap and be told to stand on the naughty step, Boncey. I wouldn't be allowed out.

Anyway Vince Watch is progressing nicely towards 1,000 views and congrats to you for passing your 25,000 milestone whilst I was on respite.
Much obliged Bob. It stands as a grotesque condemnation of a wasted life. Very Happy  

Has to be better than bowls though. Shoot me if I ever start rolling a cannonball so that I can mince along after it
shouting 'Stop,Stop'.

81Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 13:25

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
When they do a good bowl they always shout " good wood! ", which I thought vulgar.

82Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 14:24

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Much obliged Bob. It stands as a grotesque condemnation of a wasted life. Very Happy  

Has to be better than bowls though. Shoot me if I ever start rolling a cannonball so that I can mince along after it
shouting 'Stop,Stop'.
You could be missing out on a lot of fun, Bonsey
http://www.valebowlingclub.co.uk/bowling_club_humour.htm
And don't forget the Chic Murray link

83Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 14:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You could be missing out on a lot of fun, Bonsey
http://www.valebowlingclub.co.uk/bowling_club_humour.htm
And don't forget the Chic Murray link
Ah, the wonderful Chic Murray.

Anyone looking for a funny read will love this. It's hilarious.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nags-Numbnuts-Daddys-Horses-People/dp/1916431704/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=from+nags+to+numbnuts&qid=1603809014&s=books&sr=1-1

84Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 14:57

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
How did Bob know you liked Chic Murray? One of the great mysteries of our time.

85Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 15:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

86Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 15:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Indeed. Very Happy

87Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 15:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
How did Bob know you liked Chic Murray? One of the great mysteries of our time.
I suppose some people have the gift.

88Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 00:47

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:There was this from the Guardian's Conn character the other day:

Rashford came from a poor background, became a successful footballer and is now trying to help kids who grew up like him Rashford has never forgotten his roots and he the example he is setting is priceless..

So Rashford comes from a poor background and thinks that school meals provision should be extended and improved. I agree with him but I'm not quite seeing what selflessness he's shown, what sacrifices he's made or what exactly is priceless.

He may have done more than I know but there does seem to me to be a monumental appetite for media hype with government and MPs expected to dance to its tune or face a backlash.

If Saint Marcus had donated some of the money he'd saved by paying minimal tax on his image rights, it would set him apart but there's a price on that. About £250K p.a. would do it and he'd still be left with £millions.

Btw Franny Lee gave quite a bit of cash to Bolton Lads and Girls Club iirc.

Jesus wept !!
 Are you really trying to say that Rashford is doing all this just to get an extra 5k per week on his image rights. Give your head a wobble man, what's an extra 250k a year mean to a premier league MUFC & England striker.

89Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 07:37

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Hip Priest wrote:

Jesus wept !!
 Are you really trying to say that Rashford is doing all this just to get an extra 5k per week on his image rights. Give your head a wobble man, what's an extra 250k a year mean to a premier league MUFC & England striker.
Can you really not grasp it?

Don't you think that Rashford has PR people behind him whose role is to promote his image and cash in on it or do you think he does it all on his own? They've been really good at it raising the best part of £1.5m p.a. and creating a cash mountain in MUCS Enterprises with the company paying only 19% in tax.

Now if Saint Marcus was as generous and public-spirited as a gullible or prejudiced media would like us to believe he is, he could have used some of that money to support Manchester foodbanks or other local charities. It doesn't look like he has done and that dodging tax on the money he has taken out, whilst accumulating wealth, are a bigger priority.

As for the Guardian's Conn who 'delves beyond the glitzy veneer of modern football to hold the games gilded elite to account', do us all a favour, pal.

90Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 08:31

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You've Been Conned.

The Guardian's David Conn 'delves beyond the glitzy veneer of modern football to hold the games gilded elite to account'. Does he really? I've just been doing a bit of delving of my own and had a quick look at the accounts of the nearest foodbank to Wythenshawe.

Only took a couple of minutes but its the Burnage Foodbank, is supported by the Trussell Trust and had total income in its last financial year of, wait for it,  £15,121.

I couldn't find any mention of Marcus Rashford surprisingly.

Next I think a bit of delving into the interest-free loan in MUCS  Enterprises  wouldn't go amiss. Lets see how much tax has been dodged so far on that. At least twenty-five times £15K at a quick guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum