Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 32]

691Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:08 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
They look like they should be being worked by a ventriloquist.

692Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:17 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:They look like they should be being worked by a ventriloquist.
Do you think she'd be better off with Rigid Roger?

693Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:30 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Do you think she'd be better off with Rigid Roger?
He wouldn't be rigid for long. Nor would his bank account methinks.

694Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:51 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
He wouldn't be rigid for long. Nor would his bank account methinks.
D'ya think it wer' rigid to start wi'?

And worra about them teeth? Steradent White or Beaconsfield White?

695Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:39 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

696Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:55 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It's a braw, bricht, moonlicht nicht

Or it was

697Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:05 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Speculations increasing on the upcoming Budget, but Rishi I don't care that Stroud's got a Tory MP, NO MORE £MILLIONS to tax-dodging Vincetopia, if you don't mind.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9301967/Rishi-Sunak-plans-tax-raid-pensioners-pay-Covid-debts.html

698Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:31 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It will be of no interest to TWERPS but Vince Watch has now had as many viewings as 'Coronavirus - will we survive'.

It seems apt in a way because its only when you get to the very last paragraph of Ecotricity Group's 53 page Annual Report  that you discover that the group was propped up or survived last October with a £15million government-backed Coronavirus Loan and is now looking for another £25m.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03521776

Where are Kieran Maguire and David Conn when you need them (as if anyone did)?

699Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:24 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You'll soon be on a par with that fascinating thread 'The Weather Today'. Sunny here, for what it's worth. sunny

700Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Must be sunny in Stroud too with  all that lovely COVID money funding Forest Green Rovers and Vince’s mansion and  life style whilst media wazzocks watch on like TWERPS.

701Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:02 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
This is the new squad that's going to start looking where all the COVID CASH has gone?

Impressive eh? I never knew Rishi was so tiny!

Vince Watch - Page 24 39819878-9305689-image-a-51_1614380500458
Anyone thought how much COVID CASH FV has collected. I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near as much as Cousin Vinny whose customers still get their leccy and he still keeps banking their dosh.

702Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:59 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Not much sign of today's opponents CASHING IN ON COVID. Barrow Bluebirds Limited filed their latest accounts yesterday. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09021088

A local club run and financed by local people, including a Supporters Trust worthy of the name.

703Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:49 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Thowt I'd 'ave a gander at next opponents, Owdem, to see what wer' doin' theer.

Nowt like 'local club for local people', Barra, who seem to pay their way, Owdem, according to Wikipedia, is owned by a Morrocan called Lemsagam.

I don't always believe Wiki. I expect some of its info comes from TWERPS and wazzocks but according to CH, Abdallah Lemsagam is Morrocan and lives in UAE. Another Lemsagam on the Board is  French and lives in Germany and all but a few shares are owned by RLJ Capital Global FZC, whoever they are.

Owdem have a player called Wheater who comes from Redcar and cost Bolton Wanderers quite a lot of money. Somebody at Owdem doesn't seem to be getting on too well with Mr Wheater whose being frozen out like a fish finger in a Grimsby seafood factory. 

How is Owdem surviving COVID? Search me. Last accounts are out of date but don't look too clever.

704Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:03 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I see that Olive Oyl look-alike, Anneliese Dodds, has been putting herself about today with her 'just got out of the shower' look. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9309127/Anneliese-Dodds-puts-leggy-display-appears-Andrew-Marr-show.html

Sorry AD its not quite working for me.

Olive Oyl, Olive Oyl

Olive, Olive Oyl

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

705Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:21 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
LAW , Somerset, 27 minutes ago
She always reminds me of Popeye's girlfriend...

Not just me then.

706Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:29 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Up there amongst my favourite results of the week: 

Stevenage 3-0 Forest Green Rovers

Meanwhile the TWERPS that run the Broadcorping Castration have decided to castrate the Major in Fawlty Towers. I won't be tuning in but LAW of Somerset thinks there's  too much of the f-word on telly.

I agree with LAW again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/registration/4237425/LAW/profile.html

707Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:51 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I know the clip, and it's comedy gold. Anyone with a brain who can't see it needs to take a good look at themselves.
It's easy to see what's being mocked, and, I'm sad to say, TWERPS just about sums up the BBC.
Apparently, Catherine Tate's 'Nan' character, constantly spitting out "what a fuckin' liberty' is hilarious, but each to his own. 
And what about the abomination that is Citizen Khan?

708Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:40 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It was my aunt's funeral today. She was a friend of Alma Foster, later Nat's wife, and was on Burnden Park at the time of the disaster on 9 March 1946.

Alma's fiance had been killed during World War II and, though Nat was really keen on Alma, she wasn't ready for a new relationship.

It was on a holiday to the Isle of Man with Alma and two other girl friends  that my aunt tried to persuade Alma to give Lofty a chance. I expect Alma was quite capable of making up her own mind but Alma and Nat tied the knot in December 1947.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total

709Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:27 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Sorry to hear about your family bereavement, your aunty must have been a good age.

My father was at the Burnden disaster that day.

He used to tell the story that he was at the barrier that gave way but moved away before it happened as he was getting pinned against it and he had the sense to know it wasn't the best place to be.

He told a few tall tales in his time so I never knew how much truth was in what he said but my mam did confirm he was at the match (she was visiting her parents who lived of Orlando Bridge whilst my dad had gone to the game with my mam's brother) and how they'd heard the news of the disaster from neighbours and what a dreadful wait it was until they returned safe and sound.

I can remember as a toddler sitting with my grandad on the front step of his house watching the crowds pass after the games and finding out who had scored the goals.

We always knew the score though as we could hear the cheers or groans from the crowd during the match from down the Manny Road.

I guess as far back as I rememeber the Wanderers have always been part of my life.

Happy days from so long ago.

RIP Bob's aunt.

710Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:27 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:Sorry to hear about your family bereavement, your aunty must have been a good age.

My father was at the Burnden disaster that day.

He used to tell the story that he was at the barrier that gave way but moved away before it happened as he was getting pinned against it and he had the sense to know it wasn't the best place to be.

He told a few tall tales in his time so I never knew how much truth was in what he said but my mam did confirm he was at the match (she was visiting her parents who lived off Orlando Bridge whilst my dad had gone to the game with my mam's brother) and how they'd heard the news of the disaster from neighbours and what a dreadful wait it was until they returned safe and sound.

I can remember as a toddler sitting with my grandad on the front step of his house watching the crowds pass after the games and finding out who had scored the goals.

We always knew the score though as we could hear the cheers or groans from the crowd during the match from down the Manny Road.

I guess as far back as I rememeber the Wanderers have always been part of my life.

Happy days from so long ago.

RIP Bob's aunt.
Thanks Sluffy. Much appreciated.

My aunt was 96 and the youngest of three sisters. My mother and the middle sister survive her.

The Wanderers have always been a big part of my life too. Even before my grandad took me to my first match, I would listen to the cheers coming from Burnden Park and count the score that way.

When I was very young, Saturday afternoons were invariably spent at my grandparents home in Great Lever and lunch time was always taken up with discussion about the Wanderers.  So from an early age, I knew quite a lot about the Wanderers history, its players both past and present and about the opposing teams each week.

Going to the match was probably more of a social thing for my auntie in 1946 and I don't think she  ever went to a match after she was married but she'd always follow the Wanderers results and fortunes and never failed to mention them with typical enthusiasm every time we met.

I'll miss her.

711Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:51 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Condolences on your loss,Bob. Hope that time soon arrives when sadness at her passing, is outweighed by grateful thanks she'd been part of your world.

712Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:48 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:Condolences on your loss,Bob. Hope that time soon arrives when sadness at her passing, is outweighed by grateful thanks she'd been part of your world.
Thanks Boncey. I am more than grateful for the part my late aunt played in my life and my family's life.

An interesting fact, that I'm afraid I had forgotten, was that Nat married Alma in the morning
of 6 December 1947 and played for the Wanderers in the afternoon scoring twice in a 3-2 win over Wolves at Burnden Park.

713Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:07 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Much has been said on this thread about the likes of old Dale, but I thought it might be nice to heap praise on an entrepreneur a little closer to home, namely, Cheshire based businessman Michael Oliver.
He's done some fabulous work with charities both local, and national, and deserves immense praise for his philanthropic endeavours.
If I'm not mistaken, he also bought Fred Dibnah's traction engine for a tidy sum too. 
A real local hero in my book.

714Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:42 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:Much has been said on this thread about the likes of old Dale, but I thought it might be nice to heap praise on an entrepreneur a little closer to home, namely, Cheshire based businessman Michael Oliver.
He's done some fabulous work with charities both local, and national, and deserves immense praise for his philanthropic endeavours.
If I'm not mistaken, he also bought Fred Dibnah's traction engine for a tidy sum too. 
A real local hero in my book.
I am not sure that Michael Oliver is particularly well-known but I think I might have heard of him at some time - probably in connection with Fred Dibnah's traction engine.

A quick look at Oliver Valves suggests a good solid business formed in 1979 and employing 135 people based on engineering and innovation. 

It makes about the same amount of money as MUCS Enterprises makes from Marcus Rashford's image rights from Burberry and other such like activities.

Its rarely a good sign when companies keep changing their auditors (e.g. Ecotricity). Oliver Valves has had the same auditors for the past twenty years.

I don't know the full extent of Michael's philanthropy and haven't looked at the other two companies he owns but he would have had to go some to match the philanthropy of the late Eddie Davies.

715Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:15 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I am not sure that Michael Oliver is particularly well-known but I think I might have heard of him at some time - probably in connection with Fred Dibnah's traction engine.

A quick look at Oliver Valves suggests a good solid business formed in 1979 and employing 135 people based on engineering and innovation. 

It makes about the same amount of money as MUCS Enterprises makes from Marcus Rashford's image rights from Burberry and other such like activities.

Its rarely a good sign when companies keep changing their auditors (e.g. Ecotricity). Oliver Valves has had the same auditors for the past twenty years.

I don't know the full extent of Michael's philanthropy and haven't looked at the other two companies he owns but he would have had to go some to match the philanthropy of the late Eddie Davies.
A bit of info about him here.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Michael_Roderick_Oliver

716Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:26 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Had a quick look at the other two Oliver companies. Audited figures suggest the number of employees is quite a bit less than the wiki claims. Nonetheless all three look like very solid well-run businesses.

Michael Oliver is now 82 and, creditable as his philanthropic activities are, they don't seem to be on the same scale as those of the late Eddie Davies.

Eddie preferred to remain low profile and quite unattracted to the kind of image building that has become so prevalent these days in so many walks of life.

717Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:41 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's not a competition, Bob.

718Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:13 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:It's not a competition, Bob.
I agree its not  a competition but I do think its a matter of keeping things in perspective.

Some people make a great song and dance and are excessively lauded or feted over comparatively little whilst others just get on with helping out substantially and/or quietly.

Michael Oliver seems to me to fall into the latter category and Eddie Davies absolutely. Marcus Rashford and Dale Vince? Sorry, no.

719Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:40 am

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Btw Boncey, can you guess who signs off the accounts of the three Oliver valve companies? Its as you would expect, the Chairman and owner, Michael Oliver, of course.

Guess who signs off the accounts of the Ecotricity companies? Anybody but the Chairman and owner, Dale Vince. He hasn't signed them off for the last seven years. 

I haven't finished looking at the last lot yet but I've spotted a few things that seem, how should I put it, debatable?

720Vince Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Is Margaret Hodge on to summat?

'It really takes the biscuit to allow people who deliberately choose to avoid paying their fair share of tax the right to participate in our democracy'.

Yes Margaret, but they don't all take up residence abroad 'to avoid paying their fareshare of tax', do they?

Gloucestershire will do and so will Manchester.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9335151/Celebrity-tax-exiles-expats-win-right-vote-UK-elections.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum