Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers News » Bury owner: The way EFL treated us, compared to Bolton, is unbelievable

Bury owner: The way EFL treated us, compared to Bolton, is unbelievable

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I can see your point Sluffy but as sad as Thomas Cook going out of business was it wouldn't be mourned like a club like ours or Bury folding, football is about emotion and loyalty (from a fans perspective anyway).

I know that i would have been extremely gutted if we had gone out of business like Bury as i've invested so much of the last 33 years in following them.
Quite right. When my local newsagent successfully procures my Slipper Monthly magazine, I don't start jumping up and down, whilst punching the air in delight.
Whatever life hits me with, I've always had the comfort blanket of the Wanderers to cling to, and cling I have.
Foolish? Maybe. But look into the eyes of those supporters attending the last match at Burnden, then tell me it's just another business. 
It's so much more.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Norpig wrote:I can see your point Sluffy but as sad as Thomas Cook going out of business was it wouldn't be mourned like a club like ours or Bury folding, football is about emotion and loyalty (from a fans perspective anyway).

I know that i would have been extremely gutted if we had gone out of business like Bury as i've invested so much of the last 33 years in following them.
Quite right. When my local newsagent successfully procures my Slipper Monthly magazine, I don't start jumping up and down, whilst punching the air in delight.
Whatever life hits me with, I've always had the comfort blanket of the Wanderers to cling to, and cling I have.
Foolish? Maybe. But look into the eyes of those supporters attending the last match at Burnden, then tell me it's just another business. 
It's so much more.

It is so much more to you, Norpig and several thousand more, I don't think anyone is disputing that but in the cold light of day if you, Norpig and the several thousand others don't put into the club enough to what the club pays out to keep running then there's only going to be one inevitable outcome.

Eddie artificially kept the club going from his pocket and wrote off £200m but even now the new owners FV are still carrying around the millstone of a debt of £7.5m to his estate, that they clearly haven't the funds to pay off.

Andy Holt the Accrington owner tweeted that Sharon told him we are losing £400k per month and the won't be recovered even if we did complete the season behind closed doors.

At the end of June we can lose most of the players wages when their contracts are up but what about next season, when will it start, will it be behind closed doors, what wages can we pay, if so how many players do we get in and what income will we have to pay them?

Things are looking grim and we are in a lucky place in that nearly all our players will be off the books at the end of June whilst most other clubs will still have theirs to pay over summer.

I'm a little surprised that some haven't gone bust already, Macclesfield must be close, Oldham too by all accounts.

International air companies are teetering on the edge BA has started making people redundant and saying they may well not use Gatwick in future to cut costs, they like any other business have to make sure income covers costs of running the business otherwise they will go bust.

BWFC is a business in the same way as like BA is - people have got to understand that.

As long as it's got enough money to pay its bills it will survive, if it doesn't it won't, it's as simple as that.

How deep are FV prepared to dig into their pocket is the key question because we certainly aren't going to survive for long with no gate receipts.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum