Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nuts needs you!

+9
y2johnny
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
gloswhite
karlypants
Angry Dad
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Thu May 21 2020, 08:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We do need to increase the numbers of posters on here. Even now at 8.30 on a Thursday morning there are around 40 guests looking at the forum. 
There may be a few who prefer to just read but surely some of those would be wanting to register and contribute? How do we get them on here and how do we attract other people to join? Do we need to advertise the site better?

32Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Thu May 21 2020, 09:35

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The problem is the forum has always had its core members with the odd fleeting special guest appearance from an old timer or a new poster who quickly gets bored and doesn't bother again.

Then the core members have either been weeded out by admin due to conflicting issues or it's just become boring to them because it's just constant politics or the same old schtick from Nat and her closet of many failed boyfriends..........

if people just fucking chilled out a bit and stopped the constant point scoring then it may well start appealing to more people.  The fun threads or the threads we have a bit of a laugh on just getting buried by the constant droning and bollocks and same old shit.

i'm not saying don't talk politics and don't have disagreements and stuff, but when that's all there is, your audience is going to be very limited.  If there was a fun element to it, then the forum could be doing a quiz on facebook or even on here and stuff to boost members, especially while it literally has a captive audience.  

The same old shit, will get the same old results.

33Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Thu May 21 2020, 09:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quite agree Johnny. Not sure about the quiz aspect due to the many scoundrels who cheat. :whistle:
Agree about the politics though. We all have political views, but airing them constantly becomes boring. I don't want to watch Question Time 24/7. Nor do I enjoy the fact that, over the past couple of months two threads have pretty much held sway across the board.
Sometimes I just want to know what KP had for his tea, what Boggers knows, what RT backed in the 2.30 at Epsom and why Nat's latest hunk has come up short. (Eric bucks the trend of course).

34Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Thu May 21 2020, 10:06

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

ive seen loads of people doing quizes on facebook and stuff.  we do one on a friday with other family members thats done by a pub in london called the grapes and tomato (the G and T)  we all do the quiz and chat on whattsapp whilst doing it!  same could quite easily be done here.  we may even be able to utilise the portal to do it somehow rather than using facebook.

questions read out, answers wrote down using pen and paper and the chatbox for a bit of a laugh!  Unfortunately this sounds like it wouldn't work in the current climate on here and it's whether we could drum up enough interest using the social media channels!

Anyway, probably pipe dreams, as it would involve people working together and getting on and unfortunately i don't see that happening!

If it does, the answer to the first question is Gone in 60 Seconds!

35Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Sat May 23 2020, 10:44

Boltonbonce wrote:
Quite agree Johnny. Not sure about the quiz aspect due to the many scoundrels who cheat. Nuts needs you! - Page 3 2839888827 
Agree about the politics though. We all have political views, but airing them constantly becomes boring. I don't want to watch Question Time 24/7. Nor do I enjoy the fact that, over the past couple of months two threads have pretty much held sway across the board.
Sometimes I just want to know what KP had for his tea, what Boggers knows, what RT backed in the 2.30 at Epsom and why Nat's latest hunk has come up short. (Eric bucks the trend of course).

I just think that if the rest of the forum was busy this wouldn’t be an issue. The consensus seems to be - slow down on the politics because it’s got boring, but I just come on here and post about what I find interesting at the time.

Surely I should continue to do that, and the responsibility is on those who are bored by it to come up with alternative content which they’re interested in? It’s not as if political chat is spilling onto unrelated threads and hijacking them.

When this forum was at its best there was a variety of topics on the go at once, all busy and worth inputting on.

The way to get back to that isn’t to shut down the only busy topic on the forum, it’s to add to it.

That’s my view anyway.

36Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Sat May 23 2020, 11:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Part of the problem is there has been no football for ages but even before it had quietened down as old regulars either stopped posting or where banned.

I agree with T.R.O.Y, if you aren't happy with the threads then create one of your own (as long as it's nothing to do with slippers - yes you Boncey  Very Happy)

37Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Sat May 23 2020, 11:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see the likes of Hip Priest and Ten Bob logged in, welcome back fellas  Very Happy

38Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Sat May 23 2020, 15:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Nice to see the likes of Hip Priest and Ten Bob logged in, welcome back fellas  Very Happy

And please contribute something, anything because we need more content.

39Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Wed May 27 2020, 18:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KP hasn't posted for a week.

Is this proof he and sluffy are the same person?

I hope they return soon.

40Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Wed May 27 2020, 18:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Tenor
Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Tenor

41Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Sat Jun 13 2020, 23:04

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:He's the main reason I stopped posting, was the same on Burnden Aces, I wouldn't be disappointed if he left, as for Mo, he doesn't know how to work speakers.
Hey Martin, long time.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

42Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Tue Jun 23 2020, 17:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m here to step in and overthrow sluffy. For too long now he’s been playing god and driving top top members away such as myself, bread man and scotty. Luckily I’ve spoken with Mr James who assured me he will be making an appearance shortly. 

Sluffy I will warn you once and once only. Fix your vicious ways or you’ll be gone

43Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Tue Jun 23 2020, 17:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:I’m here to step in and overthrow sluffy. For too long now he’s been playing god and driving top top members away such as myself, bread man and scotty. Luckily I’ve spoken with Mr James who assured me he will be making an appearance shortly. 

Sluffy I will warn you once and once only. Fix your vicious ways or you’ll be gone

Just when things on here were taking a turn for the better!

Hey-ho.

44Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Tue Jun 23 2020, 17:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Hey-ho.

I mean it, one warning. No second chances

45Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Tue Jun 23 2020, 17:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Hey-ho.

Of course dear.

46Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Tue Jun 23 2020, 18:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Hey-ho.

Of course dear.
Laughing

47Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Tue Jun 30 2020, 21:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What’s the latest with all this?

48Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Tue Jun 30 2020, 21:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The mods raised the 75p needed to keep the site going.

49Nuts needs you! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nuts needs you! Tue Jun 30 2020, 21:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I previously stated, I will step in should sluffy fail to wind his neck in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum