Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Friendlies

Friendlies

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Friendlies  Empty Friendlies Fri Jul 24 2020, 19:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
First one I’ve seen:

We are delighted to announce a pre-season friendly game against @OfficialBWFC at Broadhurst Park on Wednesday 12th of August.

2Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Fri Jul 24 2020, 20:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Are we supposed to guess the opposition?

BTID out.

3Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Fri Jul 24 2020, 20:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Are we supposed to guess the opposition?

BTID out.
It’s FC United.

4Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Fri Jul 24 2020, 23:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ha ha, sorry I didn’t Even realise the opposition wasn’t specified, yes it was FC United. Thanks KP

5Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Fri Jul 24 2020, 23:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ha ha, sorry I didn’t Even realise the opposition wasn’t specified, yes it was FC United. Thanks KP

No worries Very Happy

6Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sat Jul 25 2020, 18:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I think we should honor our postponed fixture with St Mirren. I went up for that game, not hearing of the bus argument, etc, although I did get to stay at relatives overnight in Paisley. I need Closure for me looking a right idiot with the jock side of the family.  Very Happy

7Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Thu Jul 30 2020, 22:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think we should honor our postponed fixture with St Mirren. I went up for that game, not hearing of the bus argument, etc, although I did get to stay at relatives overnight in Paisley. I need Closure for me looking a right idiot with the jock side of the family.  Very Happy
There would be closure for most of us if we were thoughtful enough to keep unfulfilled promises such as the St Mirren game. There's good karma somewhere in completing the circle of "we can't play you so we have to go home, rebuild, get stronger and then come back to fulfill our promise" but I imagine St Mirren would murder us to the extent that a bunch of (predominantly youthful) strangers may have their confidence undermined at a time when they're being asked to step up divisions and produce their best week in week out.
Seems Evatt is playing the long game in a short game situation which reeks of confidence. The man is testing my (so far) unswerving belief. Please be the Messiah.

8Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Fri Jul 31 2020, 22:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Pre-season training video -

9Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sat Aug 01 2020, 22:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We played Atherton Colleries today and won 3-0

10Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sat Aug 01 2020, 22:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
That was well advertised

11Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 02 2020, 00:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I guess it was to make sure no fans turned up

12Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 02 2020, 10:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Good Point

13Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 02 2020, 12:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Always make me laugh reading the report and teams for pre-season games, lot of blokes with the same name- Trialist  Very Happy

14Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 02 2020, 13:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Always make me laugh reading the report and teams for pre-season games, lot of blokes with the same name- Trialist  Very Happy
I'd be interested to know which Trialist "slammed in the second goal". Sounds like a good workout for the strangers according to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  but noted that there is work to do.

15Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 02 2020, 13:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Iles let slip on of the trialists names but it had been mentioned Baptiste was training with us and was on trial. Sounds like Faal and Thomasson had a good run out and they may get a chance this season.

16Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 02 2020, 15:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Iles let slip on of the trialists names but it had been mentioned Baptiste was training with us and was on trial. Sounds like Faal and Thomasson had a good run out and they may get a chance this season.

First Half XI: Trialist, Trialist, Taft, Delaney, Trialist, Thomason, Comley, Gordon, Crawford, Trialist, Doyle.

Second Half XI: Alexander, Trialist (Senior 83), Trialist, Trialist, Politic, White (Brockbank 81), Trialist, Trialist, Darcy, Faal, Trialist.

Goals: Doyle (37), Trialist (60), Politic (82). 

17Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sun Aug 02 2020, 16:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Taken from the comments section on BN -

TongeMoorWhite1st August 11:06 pm

Keeper first half was Crellin the lad from Fleetwood. Other recognised ones were Ricardo Santos (big defender ex Barnet), Alex Baptiste, Joe Bunney, Hikman (ex Coventry and Twitter)

18Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Mon Aug 03 2020, 11:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

19Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Mon Aug 03 2020, 22:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

20Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Tue Aug 04 2020, 00:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We need matches. Lots of matches,

21Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Tue Aug 04 2020, 00:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Not knowing anything about social media I was wondering how to insert a video off Twitter into a post on here?

22Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Tue Aug 04 2020, 00:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Not knowing anything about social media I was wondering how to insert a video off Twitter into a post on here?

I'm surprised you don't know seeing how much of the stuff you read and believe off there!

I have also posted how to do it on here before too!

Anyway -

On every tweet there is a 'down' arrow at the top right of it - click on it and a drop down menu appears.

One option given is 'embed tweet', click on it and a new screen appears.

On the new screen there is a little blue box that says 'copy code' click on it and a box appears with a big tick on a green background with 'copied' under it - delete the box and the page.

On nuts you simply 'paste' into your post and when done press send and Bob's your uncle.

Easy peasy.

23Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Tue Aug 04 2020, 01:27

Keegan

Keegan
They took a look at our new backline and changed their minds!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

24Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Thu Aug 06 2020, 23:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So now we a full complement of strangers on board have other friendlies been announced?

With a new system and new players and not much time I'd have thought friendlies take on a whole new significance - as well as providing a look at what we've actually got.

25Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Fri Aug 07 2020, 09:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Got a friendly tomorrow

26Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Fri Aug 07 2020, 10:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Got a friendly tomorrow
Against who? Barca? Flamengo?

27Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Fri Aug 07 2020, 11:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Got a friendly tomorrow
Against who? Barca? Flamengo?

Very Happy

28Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Fri Aug 07 2020, 11:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Tea ladies select 11

29Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Fri Aug 07 2020, 19:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bamber Bridge

30Friendlies  Empty Re: Friendlies Sat Aug 08 2020, 15:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Report: Bamber Bridge 0-7 Bolton Wanderers

Wanderers continued their pre-season preparations with an emphatic away victory against non-league outfit Bamber Bridge at the Sir Tom Finney Stadium.

Ian Evatt's side quickly took control of proceedings and had a healthy two-goal lead by the interval. Shortly before the half hour mark new signing Nathan Delfouneso found the net to start the rout by calmly rounding the goalkeeper to score after being picked out by Ali Crawford's pass.

His strike partner for the first half was Eoin Doyle and after scoring a spectacular goal in last week's win at Atherton Collieries, the Irishman scored Wanderers' second of the afternoon with another excellent strike; a right-footer from just outside the box which found the corner.

Two goals to the good at the break, Evatt fielded a new eleven for the second half and they soon put Bridge to the sword. Seven minutes into the forty-five, Muhammadu Faal ran from deep and showed great footwork and control of the ball to slot the ball past the goalkeeper from inside the box.

One of the two trialists who featured in the match then scored twice in a short period of time to leave Wanderers five goals to the good.

The first was a reasonably straight forward finish after latching onto a rebound following Liam Gordon's lung-busting run and saved shot and the second strike was a great left-footed curler from just outside the box which found the bottom corner.

Dennis Politic then got in on the act with the sixth goal, an emphatic penalty that found the top right corner after he was felled inside the box and with a couple of minutes remaining Liam Gordon got the goal his performance deserved, poking the ball in at the far post from Gethin Jones' cross.

Another box ticked for Ian Evatt's side who impressed with an excellent performance and continue to prepare for the season opener in September.

First Half XI: Crellin, Santos, Delaney, Greenidge, Hickman, Trialist, White, Comley, Crawford, Delfouneso, Doyle.

Second Half XI: Alexander, Brockbank, Baptiste, Taft, Jones, Gordon, Sarcevic, Darcy (Graham 79), Politic, Trialist, Faal (King-Harmes 79).

Goals: Delfouneso (29), Doyle (40), Faal (52), Trialist (59, 66), Politic (72 pen), Gordon (88)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gossip says a youngster called Bright Amoateng was the trialist who scored the goals - played for both Bury U18's apparently.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum