Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Is It Just Me Or.....

Is It Just Me Or.....

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Is It Just Me Or..... on Thu Jul 30 2020, 20:46

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Has everyone aged decades in just a few years like rock stars film stars and my kids were at pre school last year and now they are all adults and left home married or shacked up. I don't know who the bloke is that i see in every mirror or shop window. Young birds don't look anymore only older one's. Something has happened, gone wrong, speeded up WTF!!!

2Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Thu Jul 30 2020, 23:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:Has everyone aged decades in just a few years like rock stars film stars and my kids were at pre school last year and now they are all adults and left home married or shacked up. I don't know who the bloke is that i see in every mirror or shop window. Young birds don't look anymore only older one's. Something has happened, gone wrong, speeded up WTF!!!
I've generally found that coming to terms with mortality is no bad thing if you want to spend the rest of your life not worrying about it. Personally I'd rather spend the rest of my life being me 

It does go f*****' quick though. Smile

3Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Fri Jul 31 2020, 11:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's a terrible thing. Then you start dressing oddly.
I went to see the doctor last week complaining of chest pains.
He suggested I loosen my belt.

4Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Fri Jul 31 2020, 14:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
What were you wearing, a  bandolier ?Very Happy

5Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Fri Jul 31 2020, 15:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is It Just Me Or..... Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcREvg8Ri8gLwTyedR2BwSsfZrsPeoXdknThZQ&usqp=CAU

6Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Fri Jul 31 2020, 15:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is It Just Me Or..... 385

7Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Fri Jul 31 2020, 16:17

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Get your Will done.

Get an L.P.A. in place.

Decide whether you want to be buried or cremated.

I have gone down the burial route and have already bought my plot.

This all results in peace of mind.

Now it's time to live each day and not to look too far ahead.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Fri Jul 31 2020, 17:00; edited 1 time in total

8Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Fri Jul 31 2020, 16:20

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I initially spelt whether as wether.

A wether is a castrated ram.

I know the feeling.

9Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sat Aug 01 2020, 09:50

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Cajun burials are out out out i read the other day that they used to have strings in caskets conected to a bell above ground so if the corpse had been wrongly diagnosed dead they would ring the bell which would alert a cemetary sitter who would ring bells and diggers would arrive but they found when it did happen the poor supposedly dead person had gone insane and ran around and dropped dead. So this apparently is where the six foot deep comes in they can't and don't want to hear yelling and don't have to dig. Familied would sit at the site listening at 3 foot, fuck that man soon there will be cryo disposal body sprayed then put on a vibrating plate and dust job done.

10Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sat Aug 01 2020, 12:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
There's a famous Science Fiction Book called Soylent Green, written many years ago, where, due to overpopulation, people were euthanised at the age of 60.
The big secret was that they later turned up in the food chain !
Like Cajun, I have my will made, LPA's done, along with my cremation paid for. Feels even better than when my mortgage finished.  I came into the world having nothing, and will go out owing nothing Very Happy

11Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sat Aug 01 2020, 14:17

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Smart move Glos, once you have done it, it stops all those decisions from spinning around in your head.

12Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sat Aug 01 2020, 14:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Thinking my playing days may be coming to an end now after last night. I was determined to take it easy in the first couple of games since lockdown but the intense heat of the first 6pm to 7 last night ensured that I could do little more than stroll around anyway. Marginally better in the second game as it started to cool a bit but I was still struggling and I think I've broken my big toe after a big galoot stomped on it. Very achy today but I'll see how it goes next week - maybe it was just rustiness - but the 20 somethings didn't have the same problems so I suspect reality is starting to bite.

13Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sat Aug 01 2020, 16:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I still feel 21 but wonder who the bald tubby chap looking back at me is when i catch a reflection of myself. Need to get started on some exercise.

14Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sat Aug 01 2020, 16:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:Thinking my playing days may be coming to an end now after last night. I was determined to take it easy in the first couple of games since lockdown but the intense heat of the first 6pm to 7 last night ensured that I could do little more than stroll around anyway. Marginally better in the second game as it started to cool a bit but I was still struggling and I think I've broken my big toe after a big galoot stomped on it. Very achy today but I'll see how it goes next week - maybe it was just rustiness - but the 20 somethings didn't have the same problems so I suspect reality is starting to bite.
I've not been back to my Monday night football yet and am wondering the same thing Lusty. Think i'm a bit old and rubbish to be playing with ex pro's, academy lads who didn't quite make it and just generally much better players than me.

15Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sat Aug 01 2020, 19:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Do what I did, switch to table football and become brilliant, with arms like Popeye, (although they're more like Olive's now)  Very Happy

16Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 00:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:
I've not been back to my Monday night football yet and am wondering the same thing Lusty. Think i'm a bit old and rubbish to be playing with ex pro's, academy lads who didn't quite make it and just generally much better players than me.
Always said to myself that I'd pack it in when I knew I was the worst player on the park and that hasn't quite happened yet but in the heat on friday night I was definitely hovering above the drop zone and I've slipped down to this over time - but lockdown seems to have accelerated the process. Toe is blueish  but I'll try to start thinking of getting back into being fitter for next friday and see how that goes and how I feel about it. Wish me luck! Smile

17Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 01:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:
@Norpig wrote:
Always said to myself that I'd pack it in when I knew I was the worst player on the park and that hasn't quite happened yet but in the heat on friday night I was definitely hovering above the drop zone and I've slipped down to this over time - but lockdown seems to have accelerated the process. Toe is blueish  but I'll try to start thinking of getting back into being fitter for next friday and see how that goes and how I feel about it. Wish me luck! Smile

Seventy years old, not played for four months or more, plays two hours on the third hottest day in this country since records began against teams of twentysomethings and not the worst player on the pitch...

Who are you trying to kid?

If by any chance you are telling it like it is have you ever thought how many people are laughing at you behind your back?

You must be their boss and pay for all the drinks or something, that's the only thing I can think of why they must tolerate you.

18Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 08:14

T.R.O.Y.

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Completely uncalled for and frankly just comes across as vindictive. You do not know this man, you have an internet feud with him because you don’t see eye to eye on a few things, there’s no need to dig out someone’s personal life in this way - especially when you have no clue if it’s true or not.

19Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 09:57

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Agreed that was downright nasty what a fucking prick he is.

20Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 10:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Give it a rest Sluffy.

21Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 10:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Sluffy, out of curiosity, do you have access of any sort to PM's between members?

22Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 11:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Completely uncalled for and frankly just comes across as vindictive. You do not know this man, you have an internet feud with him because you don’t see eye to eye on a few things, there’s no need to dig out someone’s personal life in this way - especially when you have no clue if it’s true or not.

Laughable coming from somebody who has an internet feud going back years with me.

Wait until you get over fifty and learn yourself what physically your body can and can no longer take.

Then imagine another twenty years on top of that!

Then imagine competing with yourself fifty years early at the peak of your prime on equal terms.

Do you really think that's possible?

Of course it isn't.

If he IS doing so do you really think a group of blokes wouldn't be taking the micky out of him to his face in a friendly way and ripping him to pieces behind his back in a not so friendly one.

They'll also have a very good reason for putting up with it too because it will definitely be spoiling the game for them even if he played in goals all the time.

If he said he was playing 'walking' football then I could understand somewhat but that wouldn't be with and against teams of twentysomethings, they'd be playing the full on version

So if someone wants to talk bollocks on an internet forum then people are allowed to call them out about it and that's exactly what I've done.

So jog on.

23Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 12:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy why did you feel the need to question Lusty on this? If you don't believe it then just ignore it. It does make you look petty and vindictive and as a mod and owner of this site it reflects badly on you and the forum.

24Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 13:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:Sluffy why did you feel the need to question Lusty on this? If you don't believe it then just ignore it. It does make you look petty and vindictive and as a mod and owner of this site it reflects badly on you and the forum.

We are on the internet, this isn't real life.

If it were and you were at work and someone said that I'd probably be sceptical to their face and leave because I would want to listen to such bullshit.

If say I bumped into you later at lunch and you'd said to me had I heard about Wanderlust still playing football at seventy years old, I'd simply say what I've posted above - and I'd guarantee you would agree with me.

Everybody would!

You can't do that on the internet, you either say nothing or say something, there's nothing in between.

Well this is a 'forum' which by definition is a place to speak - so I said something - not much point having a forum if no one does, is there?

I wasn't abusive, I wasn't vindictive, I wasn't petty, I simply said it as it was.

Now if you want to carry on believing that Wanderlust is some super being who can defy nature and compete physically and technically as an equal with men in their prime despite being in or around seventy years of age and fifty years older than them. then go ahead, it's no skin of my nose.

However I suspect most would tend to think what I've said is more nearer the mark.

Is it wrong for me to call out something on the internet?

Am I not allowed to post when someone posts something that is highly questionable?

The internet is designed to be highly adversarial, it strips away the interpersonal skills that we use in real life to avoid conflict.

I probably wouldn't be as blunt in what I posted to Wanderlust's face in real life but I would have made it known I was highly sceptical of what he said but I would say exactly what I have to you or anyone else in his absence - and you'd be agreeing with me!

The internet doesn't allow me to do that.

So the choice is to accept everything said on the internet or question it but not be able to do so in the individual ways you would to the various people in real life.

Do you really believe Wanderlust's tale?  How many septuagenarians do you see playing football, let alone mixing it with men fifty years younger than them, when you are down at the park or sport centre?

If he's allowed to post what he has then I've got the right to question it.

I'd do it in a different way in real life but it's a choice between black and white on the internet - say nothing, or say what you think even if it might step on a few peoples toes!

I stand by what I've said.

I dare say most people think the same anyway!

Yet I'm being made out to be the baddy on this???

25Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 13:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Oh dear. The worrying thing is that on the subject of me playing footie he's starting to sound like my missus Smile

26Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 13:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Its the way you do it though Sluffy, you can never see it end every other poster on here can. You have a problem with Lusty and jump on everything he says on here.

27Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 14:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:Its the way you do it though Sluffy, you can never see it end every other poster on here can. You have a problem with Lusty and jump on everything he says on here.

I don't have a problem with anyone on the internet let alone Wanderlust.

Fwiw I've always attempted to post as the voice of reason, the one who pulls people back from going too far.

Over the years I've upset a few who have held it against me that I've had to ask them to stop behaving 'badly' on the forum I was modding at the time - a small few who have even manifested that into real life and had a go at hacking into my personal life!  I've been abused and threatened even, and there is one at least that still goes about trolling me after something like thirteen or fourteen years because I said his behaviour on the forum was not acceptable - which it wasn't! (This isn't TROY btw).

I wouldn't mix with these people in real life but I've no choice but to on internet forums - either that or simply not bother to mod or post on them anymore, which I serious had decided to do before the effects of the virus on my personal life made me change my mind.  If I'm going to voluntary choose to lockdown myself at home, I may as well have something to do to pass my time on.

Games are being played on here if you and a few others just realise it but I'm pleased to say the nastiness and the hatred that had spread on here for quite a considerable amount of time has now ceased and though some of us may 'clash' it isn't being taken seriously.

I seemed to be perceived as the baddy these days but it doesn't bother me, I'm just the same as I've always been, I treat everybody fairly and equally, I play a straight bat to all, and I do attempt to maintain the voice of reason on here.

Anderson hasn't turned out to be a crook, Corona is spreading rapidly in the northern Muslim communities and it's reasonable to believe that Wanderlust is not a seventy year old footballing super hero.

I may have lost credibility from some/many for saying such things but that is the reality and not the populist social media type crap that many seem to believe otherwise.

If that makes me the pantomime baddie on here in your eyes then that's up to you as all I'm doing is trying to stop folk from believing stuff that just isn't true or at least offer an alternative and reasoned view instead for them to consider.

If you still want to believe Anderson raped the club, it's just racist lies that the virus is spreading rapidly in the Muslim lockdown areas and the Wanderlust should replace Harry Kane in the England team, then that's your choice.

At least you had a different and wherever possible fact based alternative view to think about!

28Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 14:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Got to agree that Lusty is nowhere near replacing Kane, but he'd be a great impact player. Anyone who can get 'big galoot' into a post is ok with me.

29Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 15:11

T.R.O.Y.

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I think the point is Sluffy there’s no need to get personal and abuse anyone - clearly you find Lust irritating so ignore him.

Oh and just to put the brakes on your latest spin - I’ve never said reporting spikes in coronavirus among Muslims is racist. You’ve spectacularly missed the point if you genuinely think that - or your deliberately spinning what I’ve said to create an argument.

30Is It Just Me Or..... Empty Re: Is It Just Me Or..... on Sun Aug 02 2020, 15:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I have to say that if turning up, putting in a few well-timed tackles and playing a few decent passes gets me "footballing super hero" status, standards are definitely slipping. 
Mine certainly are which is why I mentioned how pants I was on Friday. And for the record, I'm still a few years off 70.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum