Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI

+15
Banks of the Croal
y2johnny
Cajunboy
Sluffy
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you wore pants for a change you could keep it in your pocket.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If you wore pants for a change you could keep it in your pocket.
Look, I'm 67, sometimes I forget to put them on. It happens.

I'm now getting emails saying I've got a pm in my inbox, but when I log in, there's nothing there. What's that all about.
Is it a conspiracy? I demand answers.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:rofl:

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Morning, Mr. Bonce. I notced that on another thread you described Lineker and Shearer as "dull as ditch water".  I've always used the term "dull as dishwater". Are both in common usage or am I just plain wrong?! 

 (Silly aside:-Boris talked about "lying dead in a d....h" No ambguity there....his tubby torso wouldn't fit in a dish.....)

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Morning, Mr. Bonce. I notced that on another thread you described Lineker and Shearer as "dull as ditch water".  I've always used the term "dull as dishwater". Are both in common usage or am I just plain wrong?! 

 (Silly aside:-Boris talked about "lying dead in a d....h" No ambguity there....his tubby torso wouldn't fit in a dish.....)
Morning mate. Just had a quick google, and 'ditchwater' has been in use since the 1700's. I've used dishwater myself in the past though.
I always used the word 'settee' as a kid, but for some reason, unknown to me, since the 70's I've been using 'sofa'.
Words and phrases seem to come and go. I've always been puzzled by, 'well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs'.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What about "by and large"?....makes no sense at all....

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Morning mate. Just had a quick google, and 'ditchwater' has been in use since the 1700's. I've used dishwater myself in the past though.
I always used the word 'settee' as a kid, but for some reason, unknown to me, since the 70's I've been using 'sofa'.
Words and phrases seem to come and go. I've always been puzzled by, 'well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs'.
Ever heard the phrase, 'go and run a duck up Daubhill'?  Or are you too young, Boncey?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Ever heard the phrase, 'go and run a duck up Daubhill'?  Or are you too young, Boncey?
I'm pretty old. I can vaguely remember the Majestic Cinema, but I can't remember hearing that phrase.

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
I'm pretty old. I can vaguely remember the Majestic Cinema, but I can't remember hearing that phrase.
Tha's nobbut a lad, Boncey, but the phrase was in schoolboy usage in Bolton in the 50's. Basically it meant 'get lost'.
Daubhill was pronounced Dobble. There were two cinemas 'up Dobble', the Majestic on St Helens Road and further up on Derby Street, the Tivoli, pronounced Tiv-olly.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10948855.the-golden-age-of-boltons-cinemas/



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu Sep 17 2020, 12:46; edited 1 time in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Tha's nobbut a lad, Boncey, but the phrase was in schoolboy usage in Bolton in the 50's. Basically it meant 'get lost'.
Daubhill was pronounced Dobble. There were two cinemas 'up Dobble', the Majestic on St Helens Road and further up on Derby Street the, the Tivoli, pronounced Tiv-olly.
We lived in Georgina street. I think Wessy lived close by too. We moved to Farnworth when I was five.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remember this?

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 9 02eb8ec799ba7f5b1731934730e40bcd

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Remember this?

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 9 02eb8ec799ba7f5b1731934730e40bcd
My mate was a good roller skater and we went on Saturday mornings I seem to remember. I'll never forget him showing off to the girls in a race that he was winning by miles skating backwards and crashing and burning spectacularly. Cock.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Tha's nobbut a lad, Boncey, but the phrase was in schoolboy usage in Bolton in the 50's. Basically it meant 'get lost'.
Daubhill was pronounced Dobble. There were two cinemas 'up Dobble', the Majestic on St Helens Road and further up on Derby Street, the Tivoli, pronounced Tiv-olly.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10948855.the-golden-age-of-boltons-cinemas/
I remember watching "Zulu" at the Queens at the bottom of Trinity St and coming out itching all over. It really was a fleapit.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I remember watching "Zulu" at the Queens at the bottom of Trinity St and coming out itching all over. It really was a fleapit.
The last time I went to the pictures was to watch Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan, in Walkden. Shocked

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They say a picture says a thousand words...

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 9 33356976-8749071-image-a-16_1600464542277

This was taken in Newcastle this evening.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brothers clown

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Brothers clown

Very Happy

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

TWATS!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cannibals!! Shocked

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum