Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII

+15
Banks of the Croal
y2johnny
Cajunboy
Sluffy
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 50]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whilst I respect people who won't eat meat/fish because it means killing something, I don't quite understand then why then they want to eat something tasting like what they refuse to eat in the first place?

I don't want to get myself in to trouble and I have no issues about anybody wanting to be gay but similarly I don't quite understand why one in a gay couple seems to me at least, dress/act/behave/imitate/call it what you will, like the opposite gender anyway?

I would have thought the reason to be gay in the first place is because you don't find the opposite sex to your desire/want?

Live and let live and all that, I'm happy to be in the company of vegetarians and/ or gays, I just can't grasp why after they made their life choice, why then they appear to want to get as close to what they've rejected in the first place?

I would have thought if you didn't want to eat meat you wouldn't want then to eat something that tastes like meat and similarly if you choose not to be with a man / woman, then why would you find a partner of the same sex who (to me at least) appears to act/behaviour/aspire to being of the opposite gender and that gender being the you've chosen not to be with in the first place? Again I would have thought if you wanted to be with someone of the same sex you wouldn't want them to act/be like the sex they are not and be like the sex you've rejected in the first place?

Obviously I'm missing something that may even be obvious to most but not to me?

And just to make clear I'm only generalising, I'm sure lots of vegetarians don't eat meat 'flavoured' food and lots of gay couples don't have someone more masculine/feminine than their partner.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, they don't taste anything like meat. Veggie burgers are pretty bland unless you put plenty of spices in them. My brother isn't a veggie, and although he'll enjoy the odd veggie burger or Quorn bacon sandwich, it's nothing like the real thing.
There's sometimes a hint/smell with veggie bacon or burgers, but you come to enjoy them for what they are. 
And what they're not.
Hitler was a veggie, and suffered from chronic flatulence. Something that tends to be overlooked due to some of his more unfortunate hobbies.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Probably those Black Forest Spicy bean Burgers he loved.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:

They’re delicious. Just put whatever condiments on that you like and they don’t take much getting used to. My wife is veggie and I often prefer her meat free meals.
Thanks, I'm going to try them.

I'm not a veggie but would like to cut down on the meat I eat.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Probably those Black Forest Spicy bean Burgers he loved.
Ooh, bad choice with lederhosen.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To really enjoy veggie food you have to be a decent cook IMO - then you can guarantee the flavours you like. I was a veggie for 17 years back in the day and I could do wonders with Sosmix and TVP but I occasionally bought prefab shite like Linda McCartneys burgers and they were 50% fat.
Decent chef, decent grub regardless of whether or not it contains meat.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:To really enjoy veggie food you have to be a decent cook IMO - then you can guarantee the flavours you like. I was a veggie for 17 years back in the day and I could do wonders with Sosmix and TVP but I occasionally bought prefab shite like Linda McCartneys burgers and they were 50% fat.
Decent chef, decent grub regardless of whether or not it contains meat.
Bloody hell, Sosmix. That brings back a few memories. Not all of them good.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Bloody hell, Sosmix. That brings back a few memories. Not all of them good.
Difficult to fuck up tbh so was a quick fix for my kids meals.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Difficult to fuck up tbh so was a quick fix for my kids meals.
I always made too much.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Quorn Southern Fried Burgers.
What other vegetarian meals from OCADO do you recommend?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
What other vegetarian meals from OCADO do you recommend?
The cheese, leek, and onion pies are nice. As is the Aunt Bessie's meat free toad in the hole, although I can only usually get it from Sainsbury's.
Plenty to choose from in most supermarkets now.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
The cheese, leek, and onion pies are nice. As is the Aunt Bessie's meat free toad in the hole, although I can only usually get it from Sainsbury's.
Plenty to choose from in most supermarkets now.
Thanks for that Bonce.

We do online shops with Ocado and Sainsburys so I'll check those out.

WE mainly prepare our meals from scratch,  but we all need lazy days when you just push something in the oven that you like without  spending hours in the kitchen.

I find the Chemo has really affected my taste buds and I'm always searching around trying new things.
I'm on the 7th of eight three week cycles so hopefully if my bloods remain good I should be through it by mid-September.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Thanks for that Bonce.

WE mainly prepare our meals from scratch,  but we all need lazy days when you just push something in the oven that you like without  spending hours in the kitchen.

I find the Chemo has really affected my taste buds and I'm always searching around trying new things.
I'm on the 7th of eight three week cycles so hopefully if my bloods remain good I should be through it by mid-September.
Preparing meals from scratch is great, but lazy buggers like me tend to go for the quicker option. Cutlery is jewellery to me. How hard is it to hold a pie? Very Happy
Really glad to hear you're nearing the end of your chemo cycle. I'm sure lockdown didn't help, but you're getting there. I'm backing you to come through with flying colours, as, I'm sure, is every nutter on here.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for that Bonce.

It didn't help having an 11 week suspension  of my course after just three cycles due to Covid, that was a national decision by NHS England.

I really feel for all these poor people who had surgery suspended and who must be worried sick  about  if and when they will get the treatment they need.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Really glad to hear you're nearing the end of your chemo cycle. I'm sure lockdown didn't help, but you're getting there. I'm backing you to come through with flying colours, as, I'm sure, is every nutter on here.

Well said - of course we all are!

Glad to hear things are back on track for you now.

Long may they be so.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Well said - of course we all are!

Glad to hear things are back on track for you now.

Long may they be so.
Hope you're in fine fettle too Sluffy. I know we don't help. Very Happy

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:
Thanks for that Bonce.

I hope you get well soon.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We had Pea Protein and Bamboo Fibre Nuggets last night. Delicious.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:We had Pea Protein and Bamboo Fibre Nuggets last night. Delicious.
Tyson's?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All our milk's gone off. I can't have a brew. Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum