Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII

+15
Banks of the Croal
y2johnny
Cajunboy
Sluffy
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Well said - of course we all are!

Glad to hear things are back on track for you now.

Long may they be so.
Hope you're in fine fettle too Sluffy. I know we don't help. Very Happy

Thanks I very much appreciate the thought.

I'm fine apart from one or two issues that comes as part and parcel of growing old.

My best days are behind me but I'm not on the slippery slope yet and don't expect to be for many a year to come.

I quite enjoy (within reason) the arguments, rows, pettiness, game playing, vendettas, point scoring and all the other stuff that goes on, although I never expected to be in the centre of it like I seem to be but I guess that comes with years of having to umpire my best what goes on, on here (and other sites I've modded) over the years.

I had though, a few months back, got sick and tired of the games that had been going on for years but had started to get well out of hand - so much so that it was becoming unpleasant for me to post.  I even announced behind the scenes that I was going to leave and thanked Karly in particular for all he's done for the site over the years - far more than I've ever done - but as the reality of Covid began to hit and I decided to almost voluntarily go in to isolation so to speak, I realised that if for no other reason posting on here helps pass some of my time away, so I decided to do a bit of a U-turn and stay.

I did however lay down the law and made it known I was no longer going to tolerate abuse or the game playing that had been going on.

Obviously it didn't make me popular and once again many were on my case again but a few well chosen bans sent the message that I was serious about this and most of it has stopped for now.

There's still a few digs out there but not on the scale it had gotten to.

I don't do grudges (yes I've seen the emoticons on the other thread) otherwise one or two of you would certainly have gone for good from here a long time ago!

I know I'm a required taste but I am fair and honest and treat people equally.

You've all been around long enough to know what I'm like and you are all still here so despite what you may think of me, I can't be that bad or you would have found somewhere else to your liking by now.

Anyway onwards and upwards, the makings of a great season ahead of us and Covid, old age and illness, or whatever gets thrown at us we will all see it through and have a few laughs along the way!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's always fun, despite everything that kicks off now and again. It's a mixture of the Bash Street kids, and an old folks home, the residents of which get by on a diet of mind altering drugs. 
Yours is not a job for the faint hearted. You're probably as barmy as the rest of us. Very Happy
Let's hope we're all soon talking about the mighty Whites.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:It's always fun, despite everything that kicks off now and again. It's a mixture of the Bash Street kids, and an old folks home, the residents of which get by on a diet of mind altering drugs. 
Yours is not a job for the faint hearted. You're probably as barmy as the rest of us. Very Happy
Let's hope we're all soon talking about the mighty Whites.
I feel we should consider brown bread as well.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
I feel we should consider brown bread as well.
Has to be Warbies though. :like:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adolphe Sax, inventor of the saxophone, is a man after my own heart. During the course of his childhood he fell from a height of three floors, hit his head on a stone and could barely stand afterwards.
At the age of three, drank a bowl full of acidic water and later swallowed a pin.
Burnt himself seriously in a gunpowder explosion.
Fell onto a hot cast-iron frying pan, burning his side.
Survived an accidental poisoning from keeping varnished items in his bedroom during the night.
Was hit on the head by a rock
Fell into a river and nearly died.

Wonderful effort.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Reminds me of the story I heard many years ago. 
An Italian man who lived up in one of the mountain villages was feeling tired of life, and decided to end it all by putting his head in his gas oven. After some minutes, and feeling not too well, he changed his mind.
Pleased with his decision, he sat down and went to light a cigarette. The remaining gas immediately ignited, and set his hair on fire. in a panic, he ran into the street and dived into a horse trough full of water. Unfortunately, he knocked himself out, and drowned.
As they say in Scotland, whats for you, won't go past you.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Reminds me of the story I heard many years ago. 
An Italian man who lived up in one of the mountain villages was feeling tired of life, and decided to end it all by putting his head in his gas oven. After some minutes, and feeling not too well, he changed his mind.
Pleased with his decision, he sat down and went to light a cigarette. The remaining gas immediately ignited, and set his hair on fire. in a panic, he ran into the street and dived into a horse trough full of water. Unfortunately, he knocked himself out, and drowned.
As they say in Scotland, whats for you, won't go past you.
The inquest must have been a hoot. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just a random thought, but, are we still allowed to shout 'come on you Whites'? scratch

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Someone will object to it Boncey, it seems to be the modern way  Rolling Eyes

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Someone will object to it Boncey, it seems to be the modern way  Rolling Eyes
The Black Dyke Mills Band were preparing for a concert at Carnegie Hall in the USA a few years ago, and their American hosts got in touch to ask if they could possibly change their name to the British Mills Band.
The Band declined, and the concert went ahead to great acclaim.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wonder which they objected to the most, Black, or Dyke.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I wonder which they objected to the most, Black, or Dyke.
Good job the Fairey Engineering band didn't turn up as well.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Very Happy

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Actually Bonce, you've just reminded me of an Airfix model I've still got in my attic. A Fairey Rotodyne, a cross between a helicopter and plane.  Hhmm, I might dig that one out, and see if I can be bothered making it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Actually Bonce, you've just reminded me of an Airfix model I've still got in my attic. A Fairey Rotodyne, a cross between a helicopter and plane.  Hhmm, I might dig that one out, and see if I can be bothered making it.
It wants to make its bloody mind up before I fly in it. Very Happy

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I know what you mean. Looks good though.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I know what you mean. Looks good though.
The last Airfix I did was the Bismarck, and that was many years ago. Don't think I'd have the patience or the manual dexterity now.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preston's businesswoman of the year once claimed to be a model. Now we know who it was for.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Russians Irish dancing. Shocked

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know many of you have been warned by Nat not to click on any of my links. Well, you'll find this one very useful, so ignore her.

http://penisland.net/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum