Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British Broadcorping Castration

+10
Sluffy
wanderlust
Norpig
okocha
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
gloswhite
Angry Dad
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 20]

271British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 15:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was watching Hylda in Not On Your Nellie a few days ago, and to be honest, it just wouldn't get made now. It's far from PC. Jimmy Jewel wasn't a fan.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/comedy_chronicles/strained-relationships-hylda-baker-and-jimmy-jewel/

272British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 15:54

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I was watching Hylda in Not On Your Nellie a few days ago, and to be honest, it just wouldn't get made now. It's far from PC. Jimmy Jewel wasn't a fan.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/comedy_chronicles/strained-relationships-hylda-baker-and-jimmy-jewel/
Thanks for that, Boncey. An interesting read.
Soon be 2,700 views of stuff nobody's interested in.

273British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 15:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're one of the few people on here with the courage to click on one of my links ,Bob. Very Happy

274British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 16:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You're one of the few people on here with the courage to click on one of my links ,Bob. Very Happy
Or the desire Smile

275British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 16:19

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I remember back in the 60's my father telling me that Hilda often had lunch in the restaurant at the Capital cinema in Churchgate.  He mentioned that she was usually accompanied by a monkey. I was never sure if he was joking, obviously not.

I seem to remember that she lived in Plodder Lane at one time too.

I live close to a house that Jimmy Clitheroe lived in, but that's another story.

276British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 16:35

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:I remember back in the 60's my father telling me that Hilda often had lunch in the restaurant at the Capital cinema in Churchgate.  He mentioned that she was usually accompanied by a monkey. I was never sure if he was joking, obviously not.

I seem to remember that she lived in Plodder Lane at one time too.

I live close to a house that Jimmy Clitheroe lived in, but that's another story.
She may have done but my recollection is that she lived on Manchester Road on or near its junction with Green Lane. Great Lever and Farnworth Golf Club crossed Plodder Lane after the first five holes on the Great Lever side iirc. The clubhouse was on Lever Edge Lane in those days.

277British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 17:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't Matthew Kelly work with her at some point in his career, playing the very tall girl in the 'she knows you know' sketch?

278British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 17:14

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Didn't Matthew Kelly work with her at some point in his career, playing the very tall girl in the 'she knows you know' sketch?
YES.

279British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 07:49

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The dirty deed has been done. I've sent 'em a cheque.

Not giving 'em access to my bank account though and I'd rather not be gnashing my teeth every month when a DD goes through. Bad enough having to put up with Lineker every week or it would be if I could bear to watch MOTD with the smug git on it. No wonder he's smug with a new five-year contract at £1.35m p.a. plus all the other bits. Walkers crisps? No gracias.

Summat's going to have to change. 894,000 TV licence cancellations so far, allegedly.

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/bbc-licence-fee-cancelled-revealed/

280British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 09:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not keen on the BBC, Bob, but you take news from a UKIP propaganda site.

281British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 09:34

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Not keen on the BBC, Bob, but you take news from a UKIP propaganda site.
Never come across this site before, know nothing of its provenance and you'll notice I used the word 'allegedly'.

The Beeb is capable of producing some interesting stuff but spends too much money on tat and some of its reporters are gullible, prejudiced or both.

The three part documentary on Shipman that finished last night was quite interesting but I don't recall the word 'coroner' being used. Alarm bells were going off with Shipman virtually from the start of his career in medicine. Where was the coroner?

282British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 09:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:The dirty deed has been done. I've sent 'em a cheque.

Not giving 'em access to my bank account though and I'd rather not be gnashing my teeth every month when a DD goes through. Bad enough having to put up with Lineker every week or it would be if I could bear to watch MOTD with the smug git on it. No wonder he's smug with a new five-year contract at £1.35m p.a. plus all the other bits. Walkers crisps? No gracias.

Summat's going to have to change. 894,000 TV licence cancellations so far, allegedly.

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/bbc-licence-fee-cancelled-revealed/

Deary me!

10 pages so far in this thread on the beeb (as well as Vince!) moaning and now you have given the BBC your hard earned dosh! Mad

Ever thought about becoming legally license free and enjoying life by getting out a bit more?

283British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 09:46

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:

Deary me!

10 pages so far in this thread on the beeb (as well as Vince!) moaning and now you have given the BBC your hard earned dosh! Mad

Ever thought about becoming legally license free and enjoying life by getting out a bit more?
10 pages, over 2,800 views and nobody's interested? What's your problem, KP?

284British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 09:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm more concerned at the fact you have just given them £157.50.

I hope you at least told them you still used a black and white telly!

285British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 09:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
10 pages, over 2,800 views and nobody's interested? What's your problem, KP?
I click on everything that shows up as 'unread'. That's how it works. My own personal thread is now on Volume 7, so I can't even imagine how many views my online drivel has had. I intend to have the volumes stored for future generations.

286British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 09:58

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:I'm more concerned at the fact you have just given them £157.50.

I hope you at least told them you still used a black and white telly!
Its so kind of you to be concerned but its concerning to understand why you should be so concerned. Its really not necessary.

287British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 10:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I click on everything that shows up as 'unread'. That's how it works. My own personal thread is now on Volume 7, so I can't even imagine how many views my online drivel has had. I intend to have the volumes stored for future generations.
That's really interesting, Boncey, but when I checked a moment ago there were 56 users online and only 6 were registered. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean that the audience might just be a bit bigger than regular posters on Nuts?

288British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 10:10

Ten Bobsworth wrote:The dirty deed has been done. I've sent 'em a cheque.

Not giving 'em access to my bank account though

Ah what a blockhead funding the BBC, don't you understand where your money's going?

289British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 10:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Ah what a blockhead funding the BBC, don't you understand where your money's going?

lol!

290British Broadcorping Castration - Page 15 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 10:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
That's really interesting, Boncey, but when I checked a moment ago there were 56 users online and only 6 were registered. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean that the audience might just be a bit bigger than regular posters on Nuts?
Not only regular posters read the posts. That's why I'm on seven volumes. The poor fools don't realise what it is until it's too late.
Thank God for the non posters. Otherwise we'd be talking between ourselves.
Hello.............

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum