Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"It seemed fine" - Holdsworth addresses Anderson joint takeover in 2016

+2
Ten Bobsworth
Norpig
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dean Holdsworth has discussed his views on EFL ownership – and the questions he feels are still unanswered on Ken Anderson’s involvement at Wanderers.

Back in 2016 the former Bolton striker was spearheading the Sports Shield consortium looking to buy the club from Eddie Davies.

The withdrawal of a key backer, believed to be Bruce Gordon who ran the venture capital fund, Thames Valley Ltd, led to Holdsworth offering Anderson a chance to step in.

Anderson had previously been handed an eight-year ban from being a company director in September 2005 for a misdemeanour he claims dated back 20 years.

He had been acting as a middle-man in the negotiations to that point but his involvement was accelerated to get the deal over the line quickly, and eliminate any threat of the club being placed into administration.

Anderson passed the EFL’s fit and proper tests and provided the necessary proof of funding, which eventually saw the deal sanctioned by the league after several weeks.

"It seemed good, it seemed fine," Holdsworth said on BB Radio Four’s File on Four. "I believed what I was being told or wanted to believe it because we literally had to have certain things in place for the EFL.

"He was offering that and that's how it all came about."

The BBC programme examined the EFL’s controversial protocols on football ownership, which have come under increasing scrutiny after issues of increasing severity at Bolton, Wigan, Charlton, Bury and Macclesfield.

Holdsworth felt the checks done on him and his business plan – which involved a high-interest loan from finance firm BluMarble in its early stages – were adequate.

"For me personally, and the finance people we were using, they had to pass quite an extensive period of questions - the same as myself," he said.

"I felt, for me personally, the EFL had done a good job - passports and anti-money laundering - it wasn't something which you could just be blasé about. You had to give that, and they had to approve it."

But asked whether he knew what research had been done by the league on Anderson, he added: "No - not one bit.

"It wasn't something I was ever given. I asked the question and was never given an answer."

Holdsworth and Anderson’s relationship quickly unravelled and a bitter legal argument ensured over the repayment of the BluMarble loan, which led to him leaving the club completely in 2017.

Anderson took sole control until the club and hotel were placed into administration in May 2019 and eventually bought by Football Ventures later the same year.

Asked if Anderson should have been given permission by the EFL to hold a controlling stake at Wanderers, Holdsworth said: “In my opinion, no. Not one bit.”

The unhappy way Holdsworth left the club at the time was in stark contrast to the elation he had felt in taking control of the club from Davies in early 2016.

"Being involved with the takeover and ownership at Bolton was an incredible experience," he said. "I was in my office and you'd think I'd just scored the winner at Wembley.

"It just felt like such a release after what we'd been through. It was an incredible moment - a massive release and punching the air was all you could do at the time."

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles at his biased best!!!

Not one single word about how dodgy Holdsworth was in all of this!!!!

Iles wrote wrote:The withdrawal of a key backer, believed to be Bruce Gordon who ran the venture capital fund, Thames Valley Ltd, led to Holdsworth offering Anderson a chance to step in.

Anderson had previously been handed an eight-year ban from being a company director in September 2005 for a misdemeanour he claims dated back 20 years.

He had been acting as a middle-man in the negotiations to that point but his involvement was accelerated to get the deal over the line quickly, and eliminate any threat of the club being placed into administration. [We were already IN administration at the time and were appearing in court when Anderson stepped up as Holdsworth backer had walked off!!! - Sluffy]

Anderson passed the EFL’s fit and proper tests and provided the necessary proof of funding, which eventually saw the deal sanctioned by the league after several weeks.

"It seemed good, it seemed fine," Holdsworth said on BB Radio Four’s File on Four. "I believed what I was being told or wanted to believe it because we literally had to have certain things in place for the EFL.

"He was offering that and that's how it all came about."

Holdsworth felt the checks done on him and his business plan – which involved a high-interest loan from finance firm BluMarble [secured against the clubs assets - NOT his company that took out the loan - but which then charged £1m for arranging the loan and charging (iirc - 24% interest to the club!!! - and if Anderson was to be believed, a deal he knew nothing about when asked to step up and be a joint owner of the club - Sluffy] in its early stages – were adequate.

"For me personally, and the finance people we were using, they had to pass quite an extensive period of questions - the same as myself," he said.

"I felt, for me personally, the EFL had done a good job - passports and anti-money laundering - it wasn't something which you could just be blasé about. You had to give that, and they had to approve it."

But asked whether he knew what research had been done by the league on Anderson, he added: "No - not one bit.

"It wasn't something I was ever given. I asked the question and was never given an answer." [Why didn't he do his own research then, he already knew from what he stated above that Anderson had served an EIGHT YEAR ban from being a company director - he knew the nature of the beast but still went ahead??? - Sluffy]

Holdsworth and Anderson’s relationship quickly unravelled and a bitter legal argument ensured over the repayment of the BluMarble loan, Hardly surprising in view of my earlier note above - Sluffy] which led to him leaving the club completely in 2017.

Anderson took sole control until the club and hotel were placed into administration in May 2019 and eventually bought by Football Ventures later the same year.

Asked if Anderson should have been given permission by the EFL to hold a controlling stake at Wanderers, Holdsworth said: “In my opinion, no. Not one bit.”  [Staggering comment after he's already said he knew about Anderson's EIGHT YEAR ban and STILL asked him to be his partner in buying the club!!! - Sluffy]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I knew you'd jump all over this as soon as you saw it Sluffy  Very Happy

Neither of them came out well from this whole debacle.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Shoddy journalism at its shoddiest. To describe it as pathetic would be to flatter it and so the myths continue. 

The Beeb, in its recent radio report, featured Dean Holdsworth as its reliable witness for heaven sake.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09910069/filing-history

Sports Shield BWFC Ltd was a dormant company that never owned anything and never owed anything according to its sole director three weeks before the court ordered it to be wound up on account of the millions it owed to Blumarble secured on the Reebok Stadium.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken Anderson doing his books.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I knew you'd jump all over this as soon as you saw it Sluffy  Very Happy

Neither of them came out well from this whole debacle.

The thing is though - and the whole point of my above post - is the Iles has NEVER said a bad word about Holdsworth, NEVER looked into the BluMarble loan he took out - which stunk to high heaven, and even writes his article above making out it was Holdsworth who was completely blame free of everything and all Anderson's fault - Dean, Should the EFL allowed Anderson to have a controlling stake in the club - "Not one bit" he answers, yet he's already said he KNEW Anderson had been banned for EIGHT YEARS and still ASKED HIM to be his partner in buying the club!!!

Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

Iles is completely biased, reported against Anderson and by doing so influenced an awful lot of people against KA and I've no doubt you were one of them - maybe not directly from Iles himself but the groundswell of opinion he created and became absolutely toxic.

Maybe, just maybe IF he had investigated what went on with the BluMarble loan, reported on how it was ever possible for his company to secure it against club assets and not their own AND look at the apparent charge he made to BWFC of £1m to arrange the loan and a interest charge of an eye watering 24% on £5m to his own company, then the perception of Anderson - and definitely of Holdsworth would have been hugely different!

I've got to chuck in the ST's total support of Holdsworth and hate of Anderson too, as at that time many people believed in the ST and its leaders.

Between the three of them Holdsworth, Iles and the ST, they caused a vast amount of hatred by many/most towards Anderson when at the time Holdsworth was the one who should have been under the spotlight.

I'd go so far as to say the taking out of the BluMarble loan by Holdsworth company, who simply could not pay it back - and placing the debt on the club, whilst at the same time charging £1m to do so with a further £1.25m in interest to come, was what caused all the subsequent problems leading up to the acrimonious administration and debts still outstanding to the club even now to EDT and the Administrators.

Yet Iles hasn't once wrote about this and clearly he never will.

Holdsworth never put a penny into the club took well over £1m out of it and never a word said yet Anderson got crucified for a perceived £625k he took out which seems was more or less used to buy Holdsworth off to make him leave so the BluMarble loan could eventually be dealt with!

Maybe now you can understand a little bit better when I've been so critical of Iles bias and clear agenda in the past and how he whipped up all the hatred to Anderson with his tweets on his Twitter account!

As with the government though at the moment we are stuck with them in the same way as we are stuck with Iles at the paper.

We get what we deserve I suppose!

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Ken Anderson doing his books.
Based on your undoubted and unquestioned knowledge of accounting, Boncey, I'd be interested if you could give me some examples of things that were wrong in the Wanderers audited accounts.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You may have noticed, Sluffy, but somebody, on the ageing adolescents site known as Wanderersways, has flagged up that Dean Holdsworth was the Beeb's star witness in its enquiries into the BWFC insolvency.

Place your bets on their being any intelligent responses.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're not quite getting it Bob. The bottle/glass trick pretty much sums up my views on accountants, accountancy generally, and banks.
Our company accountant, when asked by the boss how the books were looking, replied, "How do you want them to look?"
All fun to me. But then, based on your undoubted and unquestioned knowledge of comedy, Bob, I'm sure you'd know that.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Speaking of accounts, that Kieran Maguire geezer and Dale Vince seem to be cosying up to each other on Sky Sports. 

Maguire's got hold of the accounts of every 2018/19 Championship club, presumably the one's filed with the EFL. They were all overspending and Maguire's produced a chart of the biggest and smallest overspenders.

Who were the smallest overspenders? Wait for it. Ken Anderson's Bolton Wanderers.

How is it that Maguire's never mentioned that before? Hasn't it always been pretty obvious to anyone capable of finding their way round financial reports and assessing probable outcomes?

If Maguire had been up to much he'd also have been figuring out where Holdsworth's money had  been coming from.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:You're not quite getting it Bob. The bottle/glass trick pretty much sums up my views on accountants, accountancy generally, and banks.
Our company accountant, when asked by the boss how the books were looking, replied, "How do you want them to look?"
All fun to me. But then, based on your undoubted and unquestioned knowledge of comedy, Bob, I'm sure you'd know that.
You do know that false accounting is an imprisonable offence, Boncey? But some things are just a matter of opinion, aren't they? Look no further than Ecotricity's accounts.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boring the arse off everyone on here about Dale Vince should be an imprisonable offence.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Boring the arse off everyone on here about Dale Vince should be an imprisonable offence.
Now then, Walter. You speak when you're spoken to.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never mind all this money stuff ,Bob. We need info.
Do you wear slippers?
Was Hylda Baker any good at golf?
Favourite TV/movies.
Books.
Hobbies/interests (other than those we all know about Very Happy)
You're clearly an intelligent bloke, and I'm sure we'd all like to hear what you like to get up to, as long as it doesn't involve the dark web.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Never mind all this money stuff ,Bob. We need info.
Do you wear slippers?
Was Hylda Baker any good at golf?
Favourite TV/movies.
Books.
Hobbies/interests (other than those we all know about Very Happy)
You're clearly an intelligent bloke, and I'm sure we'd all like to hear what you like to get up to, as long as it doesn't involve the dark web.
You don't want me to get serious, do you? You wouldn't like me so much if I got serious.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You don't want me to get serious, do you? You wouldn't like me so much if I got serious.
Put your trousers on and get with it. Clog dancing?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Boring the arse off everyone on here about Dale Vince should be an imprisonable offence.

Made me laugh that! Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Made me laugh that! Very Happy
Bob likes messing with us. Smile
anderson - "It seemed fine" - Holdsworth addresses Anderson joint takeover in 2016 GrimBiodegradableHoiho-max-1mb

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
Put your trousers on and get with it. Clog dancing?
Bit of nostalgia, she was my Aunt.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really Martin? Was she as difficult as is made out? Always been a fan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum