Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 50]

391How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Dec 23 2020, 13:22

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 3IfKori

The Government is being a little murky. I have been staring into the ball to see if the mist will clear. Scrying may bring more clarity and information than the Government is. I am hoping my Spirit Guide might help me out knowing what the Export Tariffs are going to be.

392How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Dec 23 2020, 13:32

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Carrie Symonds has announced the new Tory Treasurer in her latest reshuffle to take effect in January.

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 TjP3RqN

393How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Dec 23 2020, 15:08

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good to hear a politician apologise sincerely and admit she was in the wrong with no excuses, ifs or buts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55419564

394How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Dec 23 2020, 16:13

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 2790319102

395How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Dec 24 2020, 00:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As the Brexit negotiations stagger towards a conclusion there are rumours that Bozo has sold out the Brexiteers in order to get a deal - presumably the details will come out over the next few days but the Daily Fail claims they know a bit about what's been agreed - including accepting 25% of the current EU fishing quota in British waters as opposed to the 60% originally demanded and agreed limitations on government support for businesses.

If this is true, we may still be able to trade with the EU without tariffs and we may even retain some of our travel rights - great news.

I have always thought that Cummings would have insisted on a no deal exit, but with him gone and public opinion showing a majority disapproving of Brexit anyway it's clear that the PM will do whatever public opinion dictates. However, I imagine the Brexiteers will label it as a sellout, and of course europhiles will point to all the rights and privileges we have lost so I'm struggling to see how Boris will survive more than a few months, but politics is a strange business so you never know.

396How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Dec 24 2020, 08:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Assuming there is a deal, whatever the terms, it will be portrayed as a great triumph for Boris personally. So I expect him to be PM for some time. Whether he leads the Tories into the next election is I think more unlikely.

397How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Dec 24 2020, 09:00

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Cue the return of the smirk! 

Some of the recent headlines and articles in the Sun, Express and Mail have been vile and utter distortions of events, so you can imagine how they'll read now....

Thank goodness there'll still be no raucous cheeering and infantile behaviour in the HoC for the present.....

But a very happy Christmas to all, especially BWFC fans! I have a feeling that 2021 will be more cheery all round, particularly if those who are determined to pick and prolong arguments on here desist!

398How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Dec 24 2020, 14:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still waiting on the details of the deal but at least it seems like the economy won't be sacrificed completely. I was listening to the prick from the Brexit party who coined the phrase "no deal is better than a bad deal" doing a u-turn on the radio so it seems some degree of common sense has filtered through to even them. Huge sigh of relief if we come out of this with at least some of the things we had especially zero tariffs on trade - still it's a shame about the mountains of additional red tape business will be taking on. But it's clear that a shit deal is better than no deal given the mess we've got ourselves into.
Apparently they're still discussing fishing rights - despite the fact that the entire UK fishing industry contributes less to the economy than Harrod's store in London.

399How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Dec 24 2020, 14:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Cue the return of the smirk! 

Some of the recent headlines and articles in the Sun, Express and Mail have been vile and utter distortions of events, so you can imagine how they'll read now....
The Express made me laugh last week - one day they were belligerently crowing about deploying navy patrol boats against French fishermen - and the next day they were blaming the bad attitude of the French as being responsible for the lorry queues on the M20.

400How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Dec 24 2020, 14:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Here is the government's statement: "Everything that the British public was promised during the 2016 referendum and in the general election last year is delivered by this deal."

"We have taken back control of our money, borders, laws, trade and our fishing waters

"The deal is fantastic news for families and businesses in every part of the UK.

"We have signed the first free trade agreement based on zero tariffs and zero quotas that has ever been achieved with the EU.

"The deal is the biggest bilateral trade deal signed by either side, covering trade worth £668bn in 2019.

"The deal also guarantees that we are no longer in the lunar pull of the EU, we are not bound by EU rules, there is no role for the European Court of Justice and all of our key red lines about returning sovereignty have been achieved.

"It means that we will have full political and economic independence on 1st January 2021."

"A points-based immigration system will put us in full control of who enters the UK and free movement will end.

"We have delivered this great deal for the entire United Kingdom in record time, and under extremely challenging conditions, which protects the integrity of our internal market and Northern Ireland’s place within it.

"We have got Brexit done and we can now take full advantage of the fantastic opportunities available to us as an independent trading nation, striking trade deals with other partners around the world."

Almost as though I actually knew what I was talking about...

Sluffy wrote:Haven't you got it yet, it's all just a big game.

Both sides KNOW there has to be a deal because it is the BEST for both sides.

So it's always been a dance as to who can sell the final 'compromise' outcome to their respective country's electorate - neither side wants to appear to have had their pants pulled down over the outcome.

It was always going to be ending with a stage where the big chiefs of each side had to step in and save the day.

In the end nobody will get what they ideally wanted but both sides will sell it as them achieving a great deal for their respective sides.

I honestly doubt most of us will even notice the difference to our daily lives and even if we did, the change would be blamed because of 'Covid'

If idiots like you hadn't voted for Brexit in the first place then non of this would have even happened.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk/t21530p300-how-is-the-tory-government-doing#418228

401How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Dec 25 2020, 01:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And here is the EU graphic outlining the deal showing how worse off we are.
Weird that the government didn't mention the concessions they made Very Happy

402How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Dec 25 2020, 10:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Why don't we look at what we have gained rather than keep harping on about what we have lost? (just a thought)  Very Happy
We paid for what we had before, and we will now pay again, but for a different product. Nothing is free I'm afraid.
I forgot that I had only dropped in to wish you all a Merry Christmas, so will scoot now. 
Best wishes to you all.

403How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Dec 25 2020, 12:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Why don't we look at what we have gained rather than keep harping on about what we have lost? (just a thought)  Very Happy
We paid for what we had before, and we will now pay again, but for a different product. Nothing is free I'm afraid.
I forgot that I had only dropped in to wish you all a Merry Christmas, so will scoot now. 
Best wishes to you all.
Merry Xmas Glos!

BTW I'm not aware of anything that we've "gained" as we had all that and a lot more before, but I must say I'm relieved that we still have access to the Single Market even though it's created an absolute mountain of red tape for UK PLC that I thought we'd managed to get rid of 40 years ago, but...
The upside is that it could have been a helluva lot worse.

Anyhoo, hope you and yours are all well and best wishes for the festive period.

404How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Dec 26 2020, 09:55

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Its a while since I read Das Kapital.

405How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Dec 26 2020, 12:39

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Why don't we look at what we have gained rather than keep harping on about what we have lost? (just a thought)  Very Happy
Best wishes to you all.

Hi glos good to see you back!

Belated seasonal greetings!

Feel free to post a list of the things we gain but just don't start it with £350m for the NHS. Smile

406How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Dec 27 2020, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On first reading the deal seems a bit thin and full of anomalies.
For example: we now have the right to cut workers rights, conditions and standards in order to be more competitive - and the right to question those decisions in the ECJ has been removed.
However the deal also says that if we do that, the EU has the right to impose tariffs and sanctions or even pull out of the whole agreement. So what's different and how does it help?

407How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Dec 27 2020, 16:02

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Let Winston Smith read through it.

408How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Dec 27 2020, 16:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Let Winston Smith read through it.
He'd probably just repeat his famous line....
"In this game that we’re playing, we can’t win. Some kinds of failure are better than other kinds, that’s all."

409How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Dec 27 2020, 16:28

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
He'd probably just repeat his famous line....
"In this game that we’re playing, we can’t win. Some kinds of failure are better than other kinds, that’s all."
Forsooth!

410How is the Tory government doing? - Page 21 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Dec 27 2020, 17:59

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If I have to be serious for a moment, as I sometimes cant be very serious and post for comedy effect. I always said that a NO DEAL Brexit was very bad for Britain and was against it. However, I havent read through the deal yet as I have been reading more important books, but as long as Britain has got a business deal with the EU that is free of tarrifs and on an even level with the other 27 countries ( 26?) then I find that agreeable. We are better off out of the EU but need the EU equally as much. The highest Judiciary will be our Supreme Court in Westminster which is agreeable. Britain has the mindset of an Island. For me, fishing isnt a particularly lucrative business, why the outrage over it, other than base Gammonry over territory. As I say I havent read through the deal yet, so this is isnt even Academic. I am not Partisan in any way with any Party. I am left-wing, however that doesnt make me object to everything that isnt from a left-wing manifesto, as that would be absurd. On the other hand, if they hadnt got a deal, that would have been very very bad.
If we had got a no deal it would have been disastrous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum