Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-0 Grimsby

+11
gloswhite
okocha
karlypants
terenceanne
wessy
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
bryan458
sunlight
dutchwhites63
BoltonTillIDie
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31BWFC 0-0 Grimsby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sun Oct 11 2020, 11:26

wanderlust wrote:
Funny how we all pick up on different aspects of the game and I can see what you mean but I think Doyle was forced too deep and kept running into defenders and losing possession whereas Delfuoneso held it up better - but neither hardly got into the box apart from set pieces. In possession the build up was too slow and ponderous with a lot of backward and sideways passing so they never got anything to run on to.
We seem to have gone from pushing on and shipping goals to holding back but losing the attacking threat. Somehow we have to bridge the gap between front and back and do it with purpose when we have the ball instead of just focusing on keeping it in unthreatening areas. We had tons of possession but not in the "red zone". Bottom line was zero shots on target, hence no goals.

Agree with you, not enough possession in dangerous areas and not good enough final balls. Doyle was having to drop too deep and I don’t think he’s getting enough space to play in - which is on Delfuenso, Sarcevic and Crawford to create for him.

That link between midfield and attack is what Evatt needs to solve now. Clear progress in my opinion though, albeit slowly.

32BWFC 0-0 Grimsby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sun Oct 11 2020, 11:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were playing bottom of the league, BOTTOM OF THE WHOLE FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

And they shaded it.

33BWFC 0-0 Grimsby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sun Oct 11 2020, 11:47

Natasha Whittam wrote:We were playing bottom of the league, BOTTOM OF THE WHOLE FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

And they shaded it.

Gives you an idea of where this team is at then. Don’t think Grimsby will be down there in a few weeks though, didn’t look bad to me.

34BWFC 0-0 Grimsby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sun Oct 11 2020, 12:05

Whats Darcy got to do to get a game? If we needed a goal, he’d more likely than Baptiste or Comley to deliver it. Should have got on yesterday IMO.

35BWFC 0-0 Grimsby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sun Oct 11 2020, 12:31

gloswhite wrote:I agree with TROY. There were a few positives that could be taken from the game. Overall, they seemed to be settling into their roles, and their joined-up play was definitely better, (it'll be good when they find the final link from midfield to attack). One thing they lacked from the game before was the speed of play, and this sideways and backwards passing drives me nuts. By all means play from the back, but not keep it at the back. We have the higher percentages for possession because of the tippy tappy football within the defence, not outfield play. I still think Crellin is suspect.
If we had played the same game at a much higher tempo, I think we could have got even more out of the game. They are gelling, and I believe they will be a good team, I just hope its sooner rather than later.

Agree with all that, progress but it is slow.

Quite like Crellin but he's definitely got a clanger in him i feel, what's the logic behind not putting a keeper on the bench? Statement to the board that we're lacking depth in that position maybe? High risk anyway, it's not good for my stress levels.

36BWFC 0-0 Grimsby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sun Oct 11 2020, 15:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sarcevic has not made any impact yet and tends to fall over quite a lot, hopefully he will improve.

Doyle looks very capable but will not score many goals if he is not supported by another forward.

It was good to see Santos play so well after a worrying start to the season.

I hope Evatty has the sense to mix our tactics  up when we need to.

This lot are not going to play  like Barcalona every week.  We need to get  our big defenders up as often as possble and use their heads to get the ball in the net or headed down to Doyles feet as in the Big Sam days.

37BWFC 0-0 Grimsby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Mon Oct 12 2020, 07:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched it in ifollow and that's 2 hours of my life i'll never get back! No shots on target and the final ball was terrible all day.

Santos did play well and has definitely improved but we looked toothless going forward.Nice to see a clean sheet but we need to be more creative which with Sarcevic and Crawford in there should be possible but as mentioned Sarcevic isn't playing well and doesn't look fully fit to me.

38BWFC 0-0 Grimsby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Mon Oct 12 2020, 10:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sarcevic has been a disappointment. I'm sure, and hope, he's better than this, and will hopefully make a difference long term, but he needs to improve sooner rather than later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum