Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The future of Nuts

The future of Nuts

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

91The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 08:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ten Bob must have a sad and lonely life due to the way he acts on a football forum.

92The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 08:29

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Norpig wrote:Yes since you ask, i like to go dogging on Scout Road most evenings which is how i met your wife. I did tell her not to let the cat out of the bag but her mind was on other things at the time.
Pathetic and pitiable. What's really worrying is  that the NHS employs people like you. Sadly it does; too many.

93The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 08:31

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@karlypants wrote:Ten Bob must have a sad and lonely life due to the way he acts on a football forum.
Lets not get personal, pal. You wouldn't like it if I  got personal.

94The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 08:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Pathetic and pitiable. What's really worrying is  that the NHS employs people like you. Sadly it does; too many.
She did say those words to me as it goes, kind of why she hangs around in car parks.

Anyway time to start work, have a nice day nine bob but keep an eye on the missus eh?

95The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 08:36

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Norpig wrote:
She did say those words to me as it goes, kind of why she hangs around in car parks.

Anyway time to start work, have a nice day nine bob but keep an eye on the missus eh?
What a loathsome infantile creature you really are. Do you have a wife or partner that knows what kind of stuff you put out on the internet?

96The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 08:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
@karlypants wrote:Ten Bob must have a sad and lonely life due to the way he acts on a football forum.
Lets not get personal, pal. You wouldn't like it if I  got personal.

Let's hope you never ever need Norpig's services in the NHS because if it was me I wouldn't think twice about putting DNR on your file you fucking cantankerous old cunt.

97The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 08:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
What a loathsome infantile creature you really are. Do you have a wife or partner that knows what kind of stuff you put out on the internet?
 Thanks for your constructive comments, enjoy the rest of your day my friend.

98The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 08:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:

Let's hope you never ever need Norpig's services in the NHS because if it was me I wouldn't think twice about putting DNR on your file you fucking cantankerous old cunt.
affraid Very Happy

99The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 08:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This escalated quickly...

100The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 09:05

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@karlypants wrote:

Let's hope you never ever need Norpig's services in the NHS because if it was me I wouldn't think twice about putting DNR on your file you fucking cantankerous old cunt.
What's the phrase, 'birds of a feather'? There must be something more apt.
Poor old Sluffy.

101The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 09:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:Yes since you ask, i like to go dogging on Scout Road most evenings which is how i met your wife. I did tell her not to let the cat out of the bag but her mind was on other things at the time.

Really is there any need at at all to bring other peoples loved ones into this???

Bob, I can't speak for Norpig or anyone else but I worked in the public sector for going on thirty years, so was paid out of the public purse too.  I saw plenty of skiving going on (I'm sure it goes on in the private sector too) by my philosophy for myself and for my staff was that of 'give and take' in that I never expected anyone, including myself, to work every minute of every day we were at work but I expected the jobs to be done on time, and correctly and that when the chips were down, to work well beyond their contracted hours willingly and not for overtime.

As always some took the piss but by and large the public purse got more out of my staff and I than what they paid for.

So I took time out to do personal things, came in late or went home earlier on occasions and allowed my staff to do the same when we were up to date with everything and times were quiet.

Was I a skiver, by definition yes but the work I was responsible was always delivered on time, complete and recognised for that as such.

To contrast that, I can think of two occasions going through my career where I had a bosses who were sticklers for punctuality, discipline and no flexibility.  They got from me exactly that, no more no less and when it was 5.00pm I went home and left them to it, when I knew the answers and they didn't I let them find out for themselves, when they were on leave or sick, I didn't cover for them and so on, they got absolutely no good will from me, I stuck rigidly to what my duties were as per my contract and grading at that time.

I know which system of the two achieved the best results.

As you know I like sayings and the one that comes to mind is that 'you catch more flies with honey than vinegar'.

I've always found that if you treat people decently and as equals most will be fair back to you and give you help, treat people as idiots and beneath you then you'll end up on your own to sort the mess out.

102The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 09:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy my comment is pretty much standard banter on here and most if not all posters other than nine bob would see it as a joke and answer in the same vein.

As for my job i tend to do whatever task needs doing and then drop in quickly on here, i don't spend all day just watching for the next post to appear.

103The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 09:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
@karlypants wrote:

Let's hope you never ever need Norpig's services in the NHS because if it was me I wouldn't think twice about putting DNR on your file you fucking cantankerous old cunt.
What's the phrase, 'birds of a feather'? There must be something more apt.
Poor old Sluffy.

Poor old me indeed!

Have your spats (although I can never understand why so many people get so upset and angry with someone they don't know on the internet?) but don't you think it's going a bit too far with some of things that have been said to Bob today?

I do.

How about we just ignore each other until we all cool down.

Please, you know I'm talking sense.

104The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 09:45

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

Really is there any need at at all to bring other peoples loved ones into this???

Bob, I can't speak for Norpig or anyone else but I worked in the public sector for going on thirty years, so was paid out of the public purse too.  I saw plenty of skiving going on (I'm sure it goes on in the private sector too) by my philosophy for myself and for my staff was that of 'give and take' in that I never expected anyone, including myself, to work every minute of every day we were at work but I expected the jobs to be done on time, and correctly and that when the chips were down, to work well beyond their contracted hours willingly and not for overtime.

As always some took the piss but by and large the public purse got more out of my staff and I than what they paid for.

So I took time out to do personal things, came in late or went home earlier on occasions and allowed my staff to do the same when we were up to date with everything and times were quiet.

Was I a skiver, by definition yes but the work I was responsible was always delivered on time, complete and recognised for that as such.

To contrast that, I can think of two occasions going through my career where I had a bosses who were sticklers for punctuality, discipline and no flexibility.  They got from me exactly that, no more no less and when it was 5.00pm I went home and left them to it, when I knew the answers and they didn't I let them find out for themselves, when they were on leave or sick, I didn't cover for them and so on, they got absolutely no good will from me, I stuck rigidly to what my duties were as per my contract and grading at that time.

I know which system of the two achieved the best results.

As you know I like sayings and the one that comes to mind is that 'you catch more flies with honey than vinegar'.

I've always found that if you treat people decently and as equals most will be fair back to you and give you help, treat people as idiots and beneath you then you'll end up on your own to sort the mess out.
Don't kid yourself, Sluffy, this cabal have been doing everything they could from day one to try to prevent the site being used to examine the facts of everything that really went on at BWFC. That has always been the top and bottom of it and in the process they've revealed the thoroughly nasty side of their personalities. I've given them no ground and they don't like it and react like all bullies do, they gang up.

You may think that these folk are really quite nice underneath, they're not. Whatever the provocation, decent people don't ever come out with the kind of foul and juvenile insults that have prevailed. I know you have tried exceptionally hard to be peacemaker but there's not a lot you can do about it, that's the way it is, that's  the way they are and I just don't like giving in to bullies.

105The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 10:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:Sluffy my comment is pretty much standard banter on here and most if not all posters other than nine bob would see it as a joke and answer in the same vein.

As for my job i tend to do whatever task needs doing and then drop in quickly on here, i don't spend all day just watching for the next post to appear.

I think we all realise by now that Bob shall we say is not a 'natural' social media poster and doesn't 'fit' into the normal boxes we probably put people into and that's why he rubs people up the wrong way with his style and uncompromising lack of tolerance of others he doesn't seem to rate.

Clearly he's going to find trouble fitting in and I doubt at his age he's going to be changing his ways for us to do so.

So what if he doesn't rate me, you or anyone else and being called a 'blockhead' (which he never actually specifically did) or similar isn't the worst thing by far that's ever been said on here is it? Does that really equate to 'doing' his wife at a dogging site or not resuscitating to safe his life for Christ sake?

By replying like that doesn't it just reinforces that his views of us he held in the first place were indeed correct?

I'm all for giving it back if someone has a pop at me but at a level it says in the good book 'an eye for an eye. a tooth for a tooth' type thing and that clearly isn't equating being called a blockhead to abusing his wife, is it, joking or not?

You're all grown men AND have important jobs of authority and responsibility, it shouldn't need me to try and stop these frankly childish spats between yourselves should it?

Bob's clearly has made his mind up about us on Nuts and isn't going to change that so just ignore him.

Maybe if he sticks around long enough he will see we aren't really a bad lot. Just because some of us don't understand accounts and how companies really work doesn't define who we really are in life does it? Maybe he will see over time that we are just a bunch of regular blokes who mean no harm and just pop on to here for a little break from real life for a few minutes or so for a break.

As for your job Norpig you don't have to defend yourself to anyone on here.

Nobody works flat out all the time, indeed science proves you need a certain amount of breaks to perform at your highest anyway. As long as your bosses are happy with you - and I'm sure they are - then pop on here anytime you have a free moment, we know things at the hospitals are particularly tough at the moment and we fully appreciate what you and all your colleagues throughout the country are doing fighting this virus along with everything else.

Keep up the good work mate.

106The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 10:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I haven't bothered posting on here for some time now as I got fed up being trolled by Sluffy. However I cannot let the hypocrite get away with the statement at post 59 that "as far as I'm concerned I'm honest and straight with everyone."

Sluffy suffers from the delusion that I have posted on this forum under another identity yet has never provided any proof or even identified this other alleged identity. How is that being "honest and straight"?

He also banned me for daring to point out the logical weakness in one of his arguments. If you can be bothered look at post 43 in the Keir Starmer thread, try and work out what crime I committed to justify Sluffy banning me. Rolling Eyes

107The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 10:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We don't want to be educated by you though Bob. Things have moved on and we don't want to be reminded of all the goings on as we were actually on this site at the time (unlike you) and have debated it to death.

I don't know about anyone else but i come on here for a laugh and a debate and an escape from the real world.

108The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 10:25

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
NHS workers are wonderful. I thank them all for all the times they have helped me. Thank You.

109The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 10:38

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Sorry Sluffy, but I'm not buying it. A daft 18 year-old might come out with that kind of stuff  but not a 48 year old. There's summat seriously amiss there.

110The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 10:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy thinks you're about 80, Bob. Surely not. Very Happy

111The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 11:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Don't kid yourself, Sluffy, this cabal have been doing everything they could from day one to try to prevent the site being used to examine the facts of everything that really went on at BWFC. That has always been the top and bottom of it and in the process they've revealed the thoroughly nasty side of their personalities. I've given them no ground and they don't like it and react like all bullies do, they gang up.

You may think that these folk are really quite nice underneath, they're not. Whatever the provocation, decent people don't ever come out with the kind of foul and juvenile insults that have prevailed. I know you have tried exceptionally hard to be peacemaker but there's not a lot you can do about it, that's the way it is, that's  the way they are and I just don't like giving in to bullies.

I actually understand where you are coming from Bob, I too have had difficulties in life and social media for having similar personal beliefs but times change, our values are no longer what are held dear by others as they once were - my paternal grandmother was of the view that children should be seen and not heard for instance, I used to hate having to go and visitor and either sit in silence or play on my own outside in my best Sunday clothes, whilst I was there.

Was she right to have that view, she brought my dad and his brothers and sisters up with it but my dad certainly didn't carry it on with me and my brother.

My father loved his mother, I loved my father but over time values held dear had changed - so whose was right?

Accountancy is a bit black and white, the numbers either tell the truth or there's something amiss, but real people aren't black or white as such, they are somewhere in the middle, can you really send them to Hell for simply not doing the right things all of the time?

Fwiw and going off at a bit of a tangent for a moment I read an article on studies of serial killers and extremists that non of them could be classed as totally evil and all of them did have degrees of human warmth within them somewhere, the loved their mum or were kind to animals or some such things.

I guess what I am saying is maybe on the internet at least, where you don't know anyone or are every likely to meet them, why not look for, even encourage, the good you might find in them rather than point out their failings as you undoubtable see in them?

Aren't we all just passing our time of day away on here anyway, I know I am and we've already got banned from ww for folks being intolerant of us, so aren't we somewhat a bit hypocritical ourselves if we are intolerant of others (even if we know them to be wrong)?

I'm of the mind to post what I know to be right if people are going down the wrong track.  If they abuse me for it, so what, if they dig a hole for themselves and feel they have to lie to pretend they weren't wrong, then isn't that enough recompense?  Doesn't mean they don't love their mums, are kind to animals, help pensioners across the road (although they may leave you and I stuck in the middle of one).

What I'm trying to say is none of us are perfect and none of us totally evil, we get a feel for what they are and they do the same to us.

What's it matter really, we can't change their ways simply by posting on here, we certainly can't change the world and if the world moves on in ways we don't like we simply have to put up with it because it's too big for us to stop.

I truly believe that all of us on Nuts and in real life have some redeeming parts of ourselves and tolerate to some greater or lesser extent the parts of them I don't like otherwise why bother with social media at all?

It's all meaningless anyway isn't it?

112The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 11:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Sorry Sluffy, but I'm not buying it. A daft 18 year-old might come out with that kind of stuff  but not a 48 year old. There's summat seriously amiss there.
 We're all 18 at heart aren't we? Love you Bob

113The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 11:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:
 We're all 18 at heart aren't we? Love you Bob
I've come to regard Bob as a cat regards a ball of wool. An interesting plaything until it unravels.
We're being played. Bear that in mind and you'll see Bob in a different light.

114The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:23

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Following on from what Sluffy writes at post 111 above, it's worthwhile studying this poem on the subject of love's existence even within what we may see as the most barbaric of hearts. Not an easy read, but rewarding if you stick with it to the end.

It's called "Vultures" and compares their behaviour to mankind's. The conundrum in the final lines
is particularly fascinating and thought-provoking imo. Bit heavy-going for a footy site, I know!!

Vultures

In the greyness
and drizzle of one despondent
dawn unstirred by harbingers
of sunbreak a vulture
perching high on broken
bones of a dead tree
nestled close to his
mate his smooth
bashed-in head, a pebble
on a stem rooted in
a dump of gross
feathers, inclined affectionately
to hers. Yesterday they picked
the eyes of a swollen
corpse in a water-logged
trench and ate the
things in its bowel. Full
gorged they chose their roost
keeping the hollowed remnant
in easy range of cold
telescopic eyes...

Strange
indeed how love in other
ways so particular
will pick a corner
in that charnel-house
tidy it and coil up there, perhaps
even fall asleep - her face
turned to the wall!

...Thus the Commandant at Belsen
Camp going home for
the day with fumes of
human roast clinging
rebelliously to his hairy
nostrils will stop
at the wayside sweet-shop
and pick up a chocolate
for his tender offspring
waiting at home for Daddy's
return...

Praise bounteous
providence if you will
that grants even an ogre
a tiny glow-worm
tenderness encapsulated
in icy caverns of a cruel
heart or else despair
for in the very germ
of that kindred love is
lodged the perpetuity
of evil.

115The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:27

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@boltonbonce wrote:
I've come to regard Bob as a cat regards a ball of wool. An interesting plaything until it unravels.
We're being played. Bear that in mind and you'll see Bob in a different light.
I regard you, Boncey, as the most engaging character on Nuts and in all probability the nearest to normal but I still don't think you have quite grasped it.

What do you do when you are regularly abused? Just as there's no point in appealing to the better nature of those who have no better nature neither is there any point in engaging in a meaningful discussion with people who have no intention of having a meaningful discussion. So what do you do, what are the choices?

Ignore it and walk away
Respond in kind
Employ a bit of parody or satire

Chesterton provided the answer, didn't he? Well he did for me.

116The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Trouble is Bob Boncey is well liked on here and doesn't look down his nose at us like you do.

117The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:I regard you, Boncey, as the most engaging character on Nuts and in all probability the nearest to normal

Normal? Bonce?

I can't believe these words appeared in the same sentence. Definitely a first.

118The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:

Let's hope you never ever need Norpig's services in the NHS because if it was me I wouldn't think twice about putting DNR on your file you fucking cantankerous old cunt.
FYI this is what a proper offensive insult looks like Sluffy.
KP - you're going to have to ban yourself mate Smile

119The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Chinua Achebe. I remember reading his first novel, 'Things Fall Apart' as a teen. Made a big impression on me, and made me reevaluate my reading habits. African writers were now on the menu, and opened up a whole new world.

120The future of Nuts - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of Nuts on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:53

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:
 my paternal grandmother was of the view that children should be seen and not heard for instance, I used to hate having to go and visitor and either sit in silence or play on my own outside in my best Sunday clothes, whilst I was there.

Was she right to have that view, she brought my dad and his brothers and sisters up with it but my dad certainly didn't carry it on with me and my brother.

My father loved his mother, I loved my father but over time values held dear had changed - so whose was right?

Sluffy, I hope I can question you on something here without causing you upset or temper.

 As above, you bring your family into discussions on the site, and are clearly and quite rightly very proud of your daughter whom you mention often.

However, when I once innocently asked you what your daughter's opinion was on your views about Cummings' advice to government (which was along the lines of allowing the old and vulnerable to pass away at the onset of the pandemic), you immediately banned me without giving me the chance to respond.
I didn't mean any harm then, and I don't now.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum