Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Coronavirus - Was Burnham right to fight the tier 3 lockdown?

Coronavirus - Was Burnham right to fight the tier 3 lockdown?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Ditto!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Warrington moves into tier 3 tomorrow. Situation will be reviewed in 28 days.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Burnham's making a fuss about Tesco now!

To be fair he has a point but again it is down to the public to put masks on and not really Tesco (or even the local pub or wherever else) to enforce it.

They are people paid to stack shelves not a punch on the nose (or far worse) dealing with the scum that is out there on the streets thinking they can do whatever they want and fuck everyone else.

What does Burnham expect, every shop in the country to hire door security?

Posted at 16:01
Andy Burnham attacks Tesco over face coverings

Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham has criticised Tesco for not enforcing coronavirus rules on masks.

He told the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee that, during recent talks with the government over tier three restrictions, he had asked for powers to close businesses not deemed to be doing enough to make themselves Covid-safe.

Mr Burnham said: "I'm not just talking about pubs and restaurants. There are large supermarkets in Greater Manchester who in my view have not properly implemented the requirements around face coverings.

"I'll name one chain, Tesco. I don't believe they have taken a responsible attitude to this issue. They've said it's not for them to enforce. Well, I think it is for those organisations to enforce."

The BBC has contacted Tesco for comment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum