Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Happy birthday Johnny.

Happy birthday Johnny.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

91Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 01:42

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Well, just popped onto this thread to wish Johnny a Happy Birthday and ........3 pages and 90 posts later, Happy Birthday Johnny.
Brilliant comeback by the way.
Come on Fin, enlighten us. You're safe from any consequences over there in the good old U.S.of A.

92Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 07:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Johnny, did you send me a pm at 2.55 this morning? Got an email alert, but when I had a look just now there's no message there.

93Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 08:02

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Wasn't me bonce

94Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 08:16

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:Never mind all this music, Bob. I've just realised that the word 'bed' looks like a bed. What a marvellous learning curve life is.
Crikey, Bonsey, how come you didn't figure out the derivation of the 'perceptiveness is terrific'. Not like you but here's a clue.

https://nostalgiacentral.com/television/tv-by-decade/tv-shows-1950s/billy-bunter-greyfriars-school/

Not surprised that your playmates in 'The Remove' couldn't grasp it though. Okocha thinks he's perceptive. About as perceptive as my garden shed, if you ask me.

Btw did you know that Chuck Berry's middle name was Anderson.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Mon Nov 02 2020, 08:19; edited 1 time in total

95Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 08:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Well it certainly wasn't me bonce as the headmaster has still banned me from sending anyone a pm.

96Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 08:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It said it was Johnny. 2.55am.
Bob, I got the Bunter stuff, but I hated, and still do, those awful tales, and his constant wait for a postal order.
I was more a Professor Branestawm man.
Didn't know the middle name of Chuck Berry, but I do know that painting eyes on the backsides of cows stops lions attacking them.

97Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 08:52

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Last one I sent you was 21 minutes past midnight.

Check with sluffy, he can read pms.  He will just have to log out as tenbob first though

98Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 08:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Had a few ghost pm's this month. Probably an 'internet thing'. No worries.

99Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:00

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:It said it was Johnny. 2.55am.
Bob, I got the Bunter stuff, but I hated, and still do, those awful tales, and his constant wait for a postal order.
I was more a Professor Branestawm man.
Didn't know the middle name of Chuck Berry, but I do know that painting eyes on the backsides of cows stops lions attacking them.
He actually had two. Charles Edward Anderson Berry. I remember things like that from my youth.

Saw him in concert once in Manchester and Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddley, Ike and Tina Turner, the Rolling Stones and quite a few other 'stars' of the time. I was also at the Free Trade Hall that famous night when some pillock called Bob Dylan 'Judas'

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/remembering-bob-dylans-infamous-judas-show-203760/

Any suggestions on what folk should paint on their backsides to thwart attacks from the foul-mouthed, malevolent pillocks of today.

100Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
He actually had two. Charles Edward Anderson Berry. I remember things like that from my youth.

Saw him in concert once in Manchester and Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddley, Ike and Tina Turner, the Rolling Stones and quite a few other 'stars' of the time. I was also at the Free Trade Hall that famous night when some pillock called Bob Dylan 'Judas'

Any suggestions on what folk should paint on their backsides to thwart attacks from the foul-mouthed, malevolent pillocks of today.
Nat's backside is often used as a billboard, but the rest of us would probably have to make do with a pithier warning.
In passing, did those stars live up to expectations?

101Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:09

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
He actually had two. Charles Edward Anderson Berry. I remember things like that from my youth.

Saw him in concert once in Manchester and Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddley, Ike and Tina Turner, the Rolling Stones and quite a few other 'stars' of the time. I was also at the Free Trade Hall that famous night when some pillock called Bob Dylan 'Judas'

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/remembering-bob-dylans-infamous-judas-show-203760/

Any suggestions on what folk should paint on their backsides to thwart attacks from the foul-mouthed, malevolent pillocks of today.
Maybe "sluffy was here" on yours

102Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:24

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Nat's backside is often used as a billboard, but the rest of us would probably have to make do with a pithier warning.
In passing, did those stars live up to expectations?
Absolutely. The Rolling Stones were first on stage (i.e. bottom billing) in a concert that included Ike and Tina Turner, The Killer and Bo Diddley. The Stones had just had their first hit record with a cover version of Chuck Berry's 'Come on'.

 I still prefer this  version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgW6s8FPm_w

103Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@y2johnny wrote:

Check with sluffy, he can read pms.  He will just have to log out as tenbob first though

Laughing

104Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Absolutely. The Rolling Stones were first on stage (i.e. bottom billing) in a concert that included Ike and Tina Turner, The Killer and Bo Diddley. The Stones had just had their first hit record with a cover version of Chuck Berry's 'Come on'.

 I still prefer this  version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgW6s8FPm_w
Have to get Banksy on to tell us what Florrie Forde was like live.

105Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:37

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@xmiles wrote:

Laughing
Sluffy is online, he's been writing his first post since 6am.  Making sure he uses here and hear in the right context so he can be ruled out as a suspect.  Shutting the door after the horse has bolted springs to mind.

A lot of things spring to mind actually........GDPR being one of them

106Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 09:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

107Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 15:29

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Have to get Banksy on to tell us what Florrie Forde was like live.
I'll raise you, Al Bowlly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUXv0ezazXg

108Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 15:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He was unluckier than even me. Married in 1934, sought a divorce two weeks later, then married again that same year. He was killed by a German parachute bomb that exploded outside his bedroom door, blowing it off its hinges, sending it hurtling into his head.
I take my hat off to him.

109Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 15:49

Keegan

Keegan
Moderator
Moderator
I missed all the fun, apparently - but happy belated birthday, Johnny!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

110Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 15:51

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Keegan wrote:I missed all the fun, apparently - but happy belated birthday, Johnny!
Cheers Keegan and happy birthday to you for today

111Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:28

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:He was unluckier than even me. Married in 1934, sought a divorce two weeks later, then married again that same year. He was killed by a German parachute bomb that exploded outside his bedroom door, blowing it off its hinges, sending it hurtling into his head.
I take my hat off to him.
Sad really but Bowlly was a bit special. Thanks for introducing me to Florrie Forde. I was pleased to make her acquaintance  but she's not going on my playlist.

Night night, Boncey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWexuHVh9W8

112Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Mon Nov 02 2020, 22:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Florrie Forde was a fine figure of a woman. I'll fight any man who says otherwise. Within reason.

You're probably thinking of Florence Foster Jenkins.

113Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Tue Nov 03 2020, 07:32

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Laurel and Hardy eh? There's a statue of them in Ulverston, where Stan came from, but you'll know that, won't you Boncey?

I don't play much golf these days but I had a cracking day out at Ulverston a few weeks back.

Lovely course, great views and the Professional's a Wanderers supporter.

114Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Tue Nov 03 2020, 08:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nice little museum. They've moved it in the past few years, and it's bigger now.
Don't get me started on golf. My brother pestered me into playing a few years ago, and, to put it bluntly, I was pants. Drove me mad, so I packed it in.
Mark Twain was right. A good walk spoiled.
PG Wodehouse used to give the bunker on the 10th hole of his local club, as his home address. Very Happy

115Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Tue Nov 03 2020, 09:19

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:Nice little museum. They've moved it in the past few years, and it's bigger now.
Don't get me started on golf. My brother pestered me into playing a few years ago, and, to put it bluntly, I was pants. Drove me mad, so I packed it in.
Mark Twain was right. A good walk spoiled.
PG Wodehouse used to give the bunker on the 10th hole of his local club, as his home address. Very Happy
You are well-informed, Bonsey. Speaking of Wodehouse, I used to own half of a Gloucester Old Spot but for the avoidance of doubt I'd like to confirm that Lord Bobsworth has no evil designs on Nuts' pre-eminent  pig.

116Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Tue Nov 03 2020, 09:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You are well-informed, Bonsey. Speaking of Wodehouse, I used to own half of a Gloucester Old Spot but for the avoidance of doubt I'd like to confirm that Lord Bobsworth has no evil designs on Nuts' pre-eminent  pig.
The BBC had a half decent few stabs at the Blandings stories, but I've always been of the opinion that Wodehouse reads better than he films.
We once had a cat called Monty Bodkin. Very Happy

117Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Tue Nov 03 2020, 09:40

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
The BBC had a half decent few stabs at the Blandings stories, but I've always been of the opinion that Wodehouse reads better than he films.
We once had a cat called Monty Bodkin. Very Happy
I agree. I really should spend more time reading instead of spending it checking up on charlatans, tax dodgers and other assorted hoodwinkers.

118Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Tue Nov 03 2020, 09:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I agree. I really should spend more time reading instead of spending it checking up on charlatans, tax dodgers and other assorted hoodwinkers.
Lockdown gave me chance to catch up on some reading. It was as good as a week by the sea. But I'm being asked to take on another dog at the moment, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it.

119Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Tue Nov 03 2020, 10:21

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
We are without a dog at the moment too. It is a commitment but a walks not the same without a dog.

Found out quite a lot about NHS fraud and other goings on by chatting to folk whilst dog walking.
I'm an inquisitive sort and had to find out more after making my first discovery by chance.

120Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. on Tue Nov 03 2020, 10:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:We are without a dog at the moment too. It is a commitment but a walks not the same without a dog.

Found out quite a lot about NHS fraud and other goings on by chatting to folk whilst dog walking.
I'm an inquisitive sort and had to find out more after making my first discovery by chance.
I was always amazed at the difference a dog makes on a walk. Alone, no one bothers you, but have a dog in tow, and everyone wants to chat. Some people give you a family history. Pain in the arse sometimes.
Once I met someone off the telly box! It was only Bob Greaves, but I considered him a friend after our three minute conversation.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum