Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nepotism/Cronyism Watch

+9
Hip Priest
karlypants
okocha
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Ten Bobsworth
y2johnny
Norpig
xmiles
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 32]

91Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 07:27

Sluffy wrote:

I've made nothing up - it's all there if anybody wants to go and look.

As for "properly paid attention to the thread" who the fuck do you think you are?

I post as I am in real life, I've never seen any point in pretending to be who I'm not, and I've always been been straight and honest - I've always put legality first - even you go on about how I'm always talking about the law and don't focus on the morals instead.

I'm the one who has been saying if there's any proof of wrong doing then take it to the police - I been saying it about Anderson to - about anyone up to no good!

So don't come the bullshit.

You've had a right mare on this thread over the last few days, clearly you don't like that hence the crap you've posted above.

Yet another one who clearly thinks the internet is somehow an important place not to lose face on - just like Wanderlust - but it isn't, it means absolutely nothing.

That says more about the person than anything else.

I couldn't give a fuck if people believe me or not but I certainly wouldn't attempt to wriggle and deceive in an attempt not to look wrong - why would anyone even do that???

What about your self-esteem?

I'd rather lose the argument than ever lose mine.

Sluffy, you keep going on about me having a mare or embarrassing myself, yet you admit what I said is correct. I’m no expert on contract law, I promise you that doesn’t embarrass me, but clearly I knew enough to get by on this topic.

And what argument is there to lose? You agree with me.

If you want to play games to keep yourself entertained that’s fine and I can ignore that. But I come on here to debate things I find interesting not have insults thrown at me. Nice to see you’ve wound your neck in, but don’t try that with me again please.

92Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 08:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:

I post as I am in real life, I've never seen any point in pretending to be who I'm not

Yet another trolling dig!

Karly asked me and okocha to let it drop and we said we would but you can't stop can you. Every time you bring it up I am entitled to repeat that this is not a fake account and you have never provided any evidence that it is or even named who the "real" account holder is supposed to be. Rolling Eyes

93Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 09:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I've made nothing up - it's all there if anybody wants to go and look.

As for "properly paid attention to the thread" who the fuck do you think you are?

I post as I am in real life, I've never seen any point in pretending to be who I'm not, and I've always been been straight and honest - I've always put legality first - even you go on about how I'm always talking about the law and don't focus on the morals instead.

I'm the one who has been saying if there's any proof of wrong doing then take it to the police - I been saying it about Anderson to - about anyone up to no good!

So don't come the bullshit.

You've had a right mare on this thread over the last few days, clearly you don't like that hence the crap you've posted above.

Yet another one who clearly thinks the internet is somehow an important place not to lose face on - just like Wanderlust - but it isn't, it means absolutely nothing.

That says more about the person than anything else.

I couldn't give a fuck if people believe me or not but I certainly wouldn't attempt to wriggle and deceive in an attempt not to look wrong - why would anyone even do that???

What about your self-esteem?

I'd rather lose the argument than ever lose mine.

Sluffy, you keep going on about me having a mare or embarrassing myself, yet you admit what I said is correct. I’m no expert on contract law, I promise you that doesn’t embarrass me, but clearly I knew enough to get by on this topic.

And what argument is there to lose? You agree with me.

If you want to play games to keep yourself entertained that’s fine and I can ignore that. But I come on here to debate things I find interesting not have insults thrown at me. Nice to see you’ve wound your neck in, but don’t try that with me again please.

Hahaha!

Priceless!

I really must have missed the bit that you now accept that right from the start in MARCH I've been telling YOU that there would be a inquiry by the proper authority in to issues like this once the virus was more under control, that the issue is being driven by one person on social media with a previously existing grudge against the government over Brexit.  That people such as YOU should not believe such story's without fact checking them first .  That once you deconstruct these story's there is nothing actually there other than innuendo.  That if there were any proof of corruption that it should immediately be taken to the police for them to act upon.  

I similarly missed the bit where you knew enough about contract law to get by on where you were waiting on Hancock to tell the world if the contracts included terms for goods being fit for purpose for Christ sake!!!

And certainly missed the bit that you weren't embarrassed about this ignorance of basic knowledge with your many demands for me to confirm and state publicly on here that you were right and that I was somehow posturing about it to make you look bad!!!

Of course you looked bad!

Showing ones ignorance is never a good thing, even on here.

I definitely missed the part that there was no argument because what have we both been doing for the best part of a year if we both agreed with each other???

And if 'winding my neck in' is questioning why people have to " wriggle and deceive in an attempt not to look wrong" and to question their self-esteem in doing so, then I should 'wind my neck in' more often!

I'm pleased we both are on the same page now!

:rofl:

94Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 09:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

As Oscar Wilde might have put it, Sluffy, there's only one thing worse than a cove who knows nothing; a cove who knows something.

95Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 10:32

Not sure how you managed to miss all of that Sluffy, dead clear really. Hope it’s entertained you for a few days though!

96Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 10:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Not sure how you managed to miss all of that Sluffy, dead clear really. Hope it’s entertained you for a few days though!

Certainly given me a few laughs, the one about Hancock not telling us and the world if our nations procurement contracts had remedies in them for faulty goods I found particularly jaw droopingly hilarious!!!

One of those 'what the fuck' moments!!!

Yes it certainly has kept me amused - thank you.

All meaningless good fun to me - no more than that really.

97Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 11:12

Ha ye if you say so Sluffy!

98Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 11:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Ha ye if you say so Sluffy!

I do say so.

Up to you what you want to believe after that, I'll lose no sleep about it either way.

99Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 11:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its a lot more fun following the money, Sluffy.

Here's another interesting one.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11351758/filing-history

These balance sheets are not all that tricky to follow but too tricky for the Guardian's award-winning journo, or so it seems. Maybe they should put Marvellous Marvin Sordell on the case.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Nov 13 2020, 09:28; edited 1 time in total

100Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 12:29

Nice visualisation of the flow of large government contracts connected to Tory MPs.

Put together by a Political Science PHD student at Harvard.

Or what Sluffy would call 'just another poorly educated, gullible idiot' no doubt.

Laughing

101Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 14:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Somebody's posted something on social media - it must be true then!!!

Rolling Eyes

If she's got all these details of corruption then send them to the police - simple!

Get those who have done wrong sent to jail, use proceeds of crime powers to claim ever penny back.

If she (or anyone else) hasn't then isn't it just all innuendo when all said and done?

102Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 14:43

Love how innuendo is your word of the week.

Nobody’s said corruption, please do try and read articles before commenting on them.

Laughing

103Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 15:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Love how innuendo is your word of the week.

Nobody’s said corruption, please do try and read articles before commenting on them.

Laughing

Innuendo is the correct word to use to describe what is happening here as no laws seemed to have been broken on the awarding of contracts or the appointment of jobs and it is not a crime to be awarded a contract or to be appointed to a post as long as a declaration of interest has been made and no one who has such an interest is involved in the process.

I mention 'corruption' specifically because that is the 'crime' that this lady, Maugham and others of their ilk are alluding to on their social media accounts and no one yet has provided any hard evidence to back up their 'innuendo's'.

Until someone does it is no more than social media hysteria and just because everyone might believe it to be true, it doesn't necessarily makes it so - and that's why we live by the rules of law and order and not by lynch mob mentality.

(Just as a random aside were you aware that Kate Bingham has been undertaking her role as Vaccine Chief in an unpaid capacity?)

104Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 15:48

I've lost faith in your ability to understand this issue. Every time cronyism is mentioned you read it as corruption and don't seem able to distinguish between the two.

It's a bit like the Anderson saga, actions don't have to be illegal to negatively affect the country or football club respectively.

105Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 16:40

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote: no one yet has provided any hard evidence to back up .......

Until someone does it is no more than social media hysteria 

Not trying to cause trouble, Sluffy, but two things strike me:

1. Is this site not an example of social media requiring "hard evidence" to be provided, as you say? I'm thinking of allegations of some posters being "fake" without any concrete evidence being given.

2. You repeatedly say you don't give a **** what people write, as it's just a weedy fan site that is water off a duck's back for you.....yet you go to huge lengths to disprove others' posts, and in doing so, your increasingly bad language betrays a rage that clearly demonstrates that you do care. 

I wrote earlier on another thread that I admire what you provide for us all to enjoy, and that I'm sorry for the flak that you sometimes take. As a support for you, I suggested some ideas for you to consider so that the site would be less stressful for you and would allay any thoughts of your giving up the reins....which none of us would want you to do. I hope you did read what I wrote. You didn't acknowledge as such.

106Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 16:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do what you keep asking others to do with regard to Bob, Sluffy. Just ignore it.

107Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 17:06

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Do what you keep asking others to do with regard to Bob, Sluffy. Just ignore it.

:clap:

108Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 17:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I've lost faith in your ability to understand this issue. Every time cronyism is mentioned you read it as corruption and don't seem able to distinguish between the two.

It's a bit like the Anderson saga, actions don't have to be illegal to negatively affect the country or football club respectively.

Could care less if you have faith in me or not the simple fact is you can DO something if it is ILLEGAL but you can't do anything if it is immoral.

Cronyism might be immoral, Anderson might have acted immorally but there's nothing you, me or anyone else can do about it but whinge and bitch endlessly whereas illegality CAN be stopped and dealt with.

It's a game, as long as you don't break the rules you can do what you like to win.

If you don't like the rules then either get them changed or simply don't play.

Do you think there's no cronyism in your beloved Labour Party - of course there is - look at the unions threatening to withdraw their funding if they don't get the people they want in power in the Party and voting the way they want them to - minimum wage in 1998 was introduced only because the unions got the Labour Party to vote it through to benefit their members - it was never going to be done under the Conservatives was it?

You just can seem to grasp that it is all a game - both sides do exactly the same things, they look to others to help them get power in return for 'favours' once they achieve power and work together to stay in power - the two rules of politics I keep banging on about.

As long as no laws are broken nothing can be done about it hence why I always bring everything back to reality ie if they've broke the law chuck them in jail if they haven't then what you going to do about it other then bitch?

Maugham's made it seem that large scale corruption has been going on with the way he's run his social media campaign (in my opinion - just to cover myself) but when you take apart all that he's said there is nothing there - company with links to someone in power awarded massive contracts legally and those with the links disclose their interest and have nothing to do with awarding of the contact.

How is that wrong especially when all contracts are legally enforceable if something goes wrong.

Or do you just go around with pitchforks and as soon as someone shouts witch you go and burn them!

The real word doesn't work that way and that's why Maugham isn't claiming anything illegal has gone on - he's far too smart to do that - he merely spins it in such a way that people think it must have, whilst Maugham instead is simply after a Judicial Review.

Now a Judicial Review is basically the court ruling if a public body - in this case the government, have exceeded their powers - should they have invoked Emergency Procurement Powers.

What is interesting (to me at least) is IF the courts do find that to be the case then what Remedies they have which are basically a -

1 - Quashing order - stop doing
2 - Prohibiting order - do it right from now on and not what you have been doing
3 - Mandatory Order - which if the government hasn't been doing something and they should have - to start doing so
4 - Declaration - basically a statement the government was right/wrong and allow in theory for legal action for any damages incurred by anyone
5 - Injunction - stop doing what you have been doing.
6 - Damages - a very limited definition of what claims that can be made such as negligence or breach of statutory duty
7 - Discretion - which means even if the judicial review finds in favour it does amount to anything that has happened being unreasonable by the government.

In short all that lot means is that when it eventually hits the court for review the government would have already stopped using Emergency Procurement, no company would have acted illegally by having been awarded contracts under Emergency powers and nothing much will be gained other than a ruling that government did/did not do the right thing at the time.

It all about putting a black mark about the government and nothing at all to do with if there's been any dodgy doings going on at all!

PAC will look more closely into that but unless evidence is provided of corruption or profiteering then they have no powers to take it any further and if there is no evidence then no laws have been broken.

The government has an 80 seat majority and the next General elections aren't until 2024, so they won't fall even if the judicial review goes against them - and fwiw issuing Emergency Powers in response to a worldwide pandemic engulfing the NHS at the time doesn't seem that unreasonable to me at least.

Johnson might go but he probably will be gone long before the judicial review anyway I suspect.

Not sure what anyone actually gains from all this apart from Maugham scoring brownie points against the government he clearly seems to despise?

109Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 17:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Do what you keep asking others to do with regard to Bob, Sluffy. Just ignore it.

I'm having too much fun!

And to be honest I don't really have too much other stuff to do to pass the time away.

My ex has been informed by Track and Trace to self isolate so it's getting that bit closer to me and 33,500 new cases today, so I expect I'll be on here even more for the foreseeable future at this rate.

Thankfully I'm ok for toilet rolls at the moment!

110Nepotism/Cronyism Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Nepotism/Cronyism Watch Thu Nov 12 2020, 17:42

Sluffy wrote:
Could care less if you have faith in me or not the simple fact is you can DO something if it is ILLEGAL but you can't do anything if it is immoral.

Whether it's illegal or immoral is not irrelevant.

The current system was put in place to speed up contracts (correct decision).

If that is being abused and contracts are being awarded for any reason other than 'best qualified to do the job', then the regulations need to be changed.

It's about ensuring tax payers money is being spent wisely and we're in the best possible position to fight the virus.

So the exact same point you failed to grasp in March. If you are on the wind up, you're very good at it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum