Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attacking pair fit and firing for Bolton's first-ever Stevenage trip

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lloyd Isgrove and Shaun Miller are edging their way back towards full fitness and will take their place in Wanderers’ squad at Stevenage this weekend.

The attacking pair played more than an hour of the midweek victory against Newcastle United’s Under-21s in the Papa John’s Trophy.

Speaking on Thursday morning, Ian Evatt said no further injuries had been picked up, leaving him with a relatively full squad to pick form in the club’s first ever visit to the Lamex Stadium.

“Fingers crossed, it was a major positive of Tuesday, everyone came through unscathed,” he said.

“Shaun and Izzy are a lot better fitness-wise for it and they’ll keep progressing.

“We have got a competitive group at the moment and we need to keep it that way.”

Both Isgrove and Miller and likely to be named on the bench at Stevenage, with Evatt now able to use five substitutes, should he so wish.

The Wanderers boss hopes that extra flexibility can help the club find the consistency in results he has craved.

“Earlier in the season when I was looking at a bench to change the game, especially in the attacking half of the pitch, we didn’t really have those options,” he said. “You were trying to manufacture something, whether it was changing wingbacks for crossing opportunities, or something similar. We ended up doing that rather than being able to actually change the attackers.

“Now we have some real firepower, attacking options that can affect games. It’s important we keep everyone in one piece.”

Evatt also celebrates his 39th birthday today – and would like his 39th year can bring happier times on the pitch at Wanderers, and off the pitch in general.

“It’s not ideal, but it comes to us all,” he said. “I was feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning but hopefully this year will be better for the world and everyone in it than the last. I’m looking forward to progressing up the table in this next year.”

Source

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Why is he feeling sorry for himself?

Never mind feeling sorry for yourself, just pick GILKS tomorrow.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum