Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Time to go for Evatt?

Time to go for Evatt?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

61Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 12:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I'm sitting here, patiently waiting for the team to burst into life, and it doesn't look as though its going to happen any time soon. Whilst were all wondering whats happening, has anyone actually considered that he stepped up from non-league, and is most definitely still learning himself?
We were going to storm the division, but its not happened, and we have had not one new team, but at least one and a half, and were still not performing. 
We have the players, but we don't have the tactics. We have good stats for possession, but that is to be expected when the back 4 pass it to each other for minutes at a time. He needs advice from an older and wiser head, because he's floundering. 
Keep him, but get him some help.
As for Maddison, this sending off may well help to calm him down, but to be fair, I've seen better debuts.

62Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 12:48

T.R.O.Y.

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I was hopeful of promotion given some of the signings but it was obvious after a month or two the squad was badly imbalanced and too many of the new recruits weren’t suitable. Can’t say that about the new squad, looks good to me and as we saw with the subs last night we’ve got options in every position.

63Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 12:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I agree, and now its all down to how they are used.

64Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 13:03

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I was thinking of how in the past we heard about diamond, and Christmas tree formations. I was wondering how our current setup could be described, and thought of Pampas grass, with nearly everything at the bottom, and the occasional breakaway for one or two  Very Happy

65Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 14:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I do think we've been easier on the eye since Jackson and Lee signed and we haven't had major problems at the back since then but there's still something missing which is irritating as we're ALMOST a decent side. Last night was very frustrating as we were the better side, but we're still some distance from being able to blow teams away.

66Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 14:36

T.R.O.Y.

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
We’re frustrating at times but overall I really enjoy watching us play at the moment, I can’t remember the last time we had so many players who were confident on the ball. 

Santos stepping out is always good fun and Thomason is still raw but his passing range and how often he looks forward is great. Feel more confident in him with a more physical DM alongside him too.

Staying in league 2 isn’t sustainable, but I’m enjoying watching us play football again and not worry about who’s keeping the lights turned on/losing every week.

67Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 15:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
We need what is usually termed 'a mid-field general' i.e somebody to actually direct and captain the team. Sarcevic should be doing this of course, but even when he was playing, there was no great evidence that he was dong this, and now he's off injured, the whole team are headless.

68Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 16:57

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Every team needs a top striker, we have one at this level.

Evatt is incapable of organising the players to feed him the ball often enough to get the goals we need.

Possession does not mean points.

Let's hope the new players can quickly make the difference.

I don't have much faith in Evatt solving our problems.

69Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 17:33

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Every team needs a top striker, we have one at this level.

Evatt is incapable of organising the players to feed him the ball often enough to get the goals we need.

Possession does not mean points.

Let's hope the new players can quickly make the difference.

I don't have much faith in Evatt solving our problems.
 wonder how long he will last when the fans are back? there is a tactic the away side use called silence the home fans it wont be hard with our tactics

70Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 17:36

T.R.O.Y.

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Just taking opinions on the manager out of it for a second, I’m sure we’re all enjoying Doyle he looks a cut above in this league doesn’t he? Think I read his 11 goals is the best league return from a Bolton player in 7 years - only has to get to 13 to be best since Ricketts. 

Says more about how shit our strikers have been I suppose.

71Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 18:37

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Just taking opinions on the manager out of it for a second, I’m sure we’re all enjoying Doyle he looks a cut above in this league doesn’t he? Think I read his 11 goals is the best league return from a Bolton player in 7 years - only has to get to 13 to be best since Ricketts. 

Says more about how shit our strikers have been I suppose.
Dont forget them shit strikers wont playing in the lowest division, Doyles best return in Championship was 5 goals one season and 4 in another season, do agree he is prob best striker in this division

72Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 19:32

T.R.O.Y.

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Ye don’t think we need to worry about Doyle playing in the Championship for us to be fair, so I’m just be pleased we get to watch him and not one of the many cart horses we’ve had in recent years.

73Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 19:59

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ye don’t think we need to worry about Doyle playing in the Championship for us to be fair, so I’m just be pleased we get to watch him and not one of the many cart horses we’ve had in recent years.
But you cant compare him with strikers who had a better goal return than him at a higher level, he might score more in 2 seasons than Davies scored in 6 but i know who i would sooner have

74Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 20:19

T.R.O.Y.

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
By ‘recent years’ I was really comparing him to the likes of Proctor, Dodoo, O’grady, Magennis, Donaldson - basically any striker aside from Murphy who i rated but even he was a target man we’d be pumping it long to.

75Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 20:48

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:By ‘recent years’ I was really comparing him to the likes of Proctor, Dodoo, O’grady, Magennis, Donaldson - basically any striker aside from Murphy who i rated but even he was a target man we’d be pumping it long to.
If he was playing alongside a big target man in this division he would get 30 plus

76Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Thu Feb 11 2021, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This is Evatt’s first season and he’s only just been given control of recruitment. He comes across as someone who wants to play attacking football and recently it’s been entertaining so why worry about promotion this year? It takes time to mould a team and the primary objective - not getting relegated again - seems to be already in the bag - which gives us the rest of the year to evolve.
We’ve invested good money in him and his philosophy so it would be daft to even consider paying even more money to get rid now. It’s like building a new house and complaining you can’t move in because the roof isn’t on yet. And we certainly don’t need another Megson 
We can’t expect miracles so we’ll have to settle for hard work and patience and we might actually get somewhere.

77Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Sat Feb 13 2021, 17:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Despite the win, despite creeping into the top half of th table and despite the sending off it was clear that the new team hasn’t quite gelled yet and further improvement is needed but I still reckon there’s something there.
Problem is it will take time that we don’t have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum