Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When did you last go abroad?

+5
karlypants
xmiles
Norpig
Hip Priest
Sluffy
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When did you last go abroad? Empty When did you last go abroad? Mon Feb 15 2021, 23:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

About this time last year my daughter was planning a two city break trip for us to first Krakow (and a visit to Auschwitz) and then on to Budapest but due to the pandemic we never got around to doing them.

The year before we had done a long weekend break in Paris, doing the usual touristy things, then a couple of days in Disneyland Paris, and the week turned out to be the hottest week of the year.

It was the more random days out we had that somehow I enjoyed the best, the visit to the Musee de l'Orange, a Rodin exhibition at the Grand Palais and a trip out to the Palace of Versailles, I guess because they weren't really top of our things to do list so I was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed them.

I can't really see me going abroad again, at least anytime soon, until the world is on top of the virus.  I'm happy for my daughter to spread her wings again and see the world but I fear at my age and susceptibility I might end up in some hospital in far away lands and with uncertain healthcare facilities - and I don't want to end up in a corner of a foreign field, 'That is for ever England' (Rupert Brooke).

So I've got very happy memories of my last trip abroad, what's yours and do you intend to travel abroad anywhere soon, or have you got plans for a 'staycation'?

:uk:

2When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Mon Feb 15 2021, 23:52

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Really miss not going abroad for short 4/5 day breaks. Always go at least twice and 3 times if I can possibly manage it. Last one was Hamburg in Sept 19 with young Doffcocker. May 19 I was in Rome for 5 days with the lovely Mrs. Priest. Me and Doffy had one booked for June in Dubrovnik but the flight was cancelled. Think it's going to be Summer 22 at earliest before we can do anything.

3When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Tue Feb 16 2021, 08:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We went to Budapest just before Christmas 2019 and have a holiday booked for Portugal this summer that i really can't see happening again. We moved it from last summer to this thinking it would be all over by now but how wrong we were!
Mrs Pig wants to cancel it now but we'll need to wait till nearer the time so we don't lose a load of money. If we do cancel then we are looking to do a holiday in this country instead.

4When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Tue Feb 16 2021, 09:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I really miss being able to travel abroad. It was always our plan to travel extensively when we retired. Fortunately we have been able to visit some amazing places before covid, including Macchu Picchu and Angkor Wat but I don't know when we will be next going abroad.

We cancelled our South Africa trip last year and have some small hope of going on a Danube cruise this year which was postponed from last year.

We were incredibly lucky last year to have two foreign holidays. One in February in southern Italy just before the crisis and a family holiday in Brittany in the tiny travel window in August.

5When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Tue Feb 16 2021, 10:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The last time we went back to Asia was in April 2019 which feels a very long time ago now.

We planned on going back around the same time last year but due to the coronavirus that didn't happen and now due to the little one starting school last September it means that we are now restricted to the UK summer holidays for when we can go back.

If we are able to get away in the coming summer it will mean we haven't seen relatives for approx 2 and a half years.

I last saw my dad when he came back to the UK in November 2019 when we had a short break here and we will now make an exception that whenever we get the vaccine and/or allowed to travel abroad again, regardless of when it is we will be off.

I won't be paying a school fine if it is term time either. They can whistle.

The whole thing is getting on my tits now.

6When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Tue Feb 16 2021, 13:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Echo that sentiment KP. We went to Portugal last year but it does seem like an eternity ago and I can’t wait to f*** off into the sunset again if the opportunity arises.
Sluffy can’t wait for me to go either Laughing

7When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Tue Feb 16 2021, 14:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Echo that sentiment KP. We went to Portugal last year but it does seem like an eternity ago and I can’t wait to f*** off into the sunset again if the opportunity arises.
Sluffy can’t wait for me to go either Laughing

You seem to be completely obsessed about me these days.

Rolling Eyes

And no, one of the best laughs you gave me last year was when you left Norfolk (the safest place in the country at the time in terms of Covid cases), to go to virus ridden Portugal (I remember even warning you at the time the country was on Scotland's travel ban list of countrys and cases were rising there since)  for you to pooh pooh me and tell me I knew nothing, that the place was entirely free of Covid and that you even objected to wearing face masks inside restaurants whilst being seated as you thought them to be totally unnecessary - only for you to find out a few days later that the government did indeed introduce a travel ban to Portugal resulting in you having to self isolate for the best part of two weeks on your return!!!

:rofl:

Karma payback I thought after me trying to help you and your disdain towards me for bothering to do so.

I'm even smiling now typing this!

8When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Tue Feb 16 2021, 19:38

Got lucky and made it to south of France and back between travel bans over summer. I’d have looked further afield in normal times but had a brilliant time, loads of swimming, walking and great weather. Also got to Berlin in January last year for my birthday.

Since COVID though I’ve had to cancel Barbados, Russia, Amsterdam and Prague. Can’t wait to get travelling again.

9When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Tue Feb 16 2021, 21:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Took my annual driving trip to Germany, in May of last year, to see my sister. The day after I got to Germany, France was locked down, along with Belgium, and the Netherlands. Came back a week later via France motorway, from the German border to Calais non-stop. Their motorways are good, even if they did cost me £105

10When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Wed Feb 17 2021, 00:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

And no, one of the best laughs you gave me last year was when you left Norfolk (the safest place in the country at the time in terms of Covid cases), to go to virus ridden Portugal (I remember even warning you at the time the country was on Scotland's travel ban list of countrys and cases were rising there since)  for you to pooh pooh me and tell me I knew nothing, that the place was entirely free of Covid and that you even objected to wearing face masks inside restaurants whilst being seated as you thought them to be totally unnecessary - only for you to find out a few days later that the government did indeed introduce a travel ban to Portugal resulting in you having to self isolate for the best part of two weeks on your return!!!
....which was fantastic! Got me thinking about holidays again this thread. Might go back to "covid-ridden" Portugal asap although it is a bit of a worry as they are up to ..erm.. 15k deaths. And the temperature has plummeted to ....13 degrees so not til it gets warmer. I'll just think sunny holiday thoughts for now...

sunny         sunny  sunny      sunny    sunny   sunny    sunny sunny sunny
                          Laughing                   Laughing           Laughing          Laughing
   Rolling Eyes   Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes      Cool   Rolling Eyes   Rolling Eyes      Rolling Eyes               Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
                                 Laughing              Laughing          Laughing     Laughing
     Cool    Cool        Cool         Cool      Cool      Cool      Cool         Cool

:drinks:

11When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Wed Feb 17 2021, 10:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

That's a long and arduous way to go about calling him that Wndr  Very Happy

12When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Wed Feb 17 2021, 12:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:That's a long and arduous way to go about calling him that Wndr  Very Happy
What?
Don’t understand what you’re on about.

13When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Wed Feb 17 2021, 12:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our scrap man has a villa in Portugal. So does his son. Can't help thinking I took the wrong path in life.

14When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Wed Feb 17 2021, 19:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
What?
Don’t understand what you’re on about.

The clue is how I used your , but you know that.

Tell me what it means, and I wont call you wandr the WNKR  Very Happy

15When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Wed Feb 17 2021, 21:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

16When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Thu Feb 18 2021, 06:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:

The clue is how I used your , but you know that.

Tell me what it means, and I wont call you wandr the WNKR  Very Happy
Nope. Still don’t get it.

17When did you last go abroad? Empty Re: When did you last go abroad? Thu Feb 18 2021, 09:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
Nope. Still don’t get it.
OK

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum