Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe

+7
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Mon 22 Feb - 13:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The games keep coming thick and fast and we play again tomorrow.

Scunny look to be on a decent run at the moment but i think we will beat them narrowly, either 1-0 or 2-1 and continue our improbable rise to the play-off positions.

It will be interesting to see if Evatt makes any changes to the team, players like Lee who haven't played back to back games in a while may be rested but the squad does look and feel a lot stronger since January.

2Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Mon 22 Feb - 14:37

Agree Pig, I think Thomason will be in for Lee - better pitch and fresh legs, looking forward to seeing him play actually.

3Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Mon 22 Feb - 15:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Agree Pig, I think Thomason will be in for Lee - better pitch and fresh legs, looking forward to seeing him play actually.

Thomason gets better every time i see him. He can pass but he's learning the other side of the game as well now and he gets stuck in more and is being more physical.

He's going to be one to build a team around i reckon.

4Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Mon 22 Feb - 15:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

While we've been winning of late, it's hardly been convincing.

Don't know much about Scunthorpe but their recent record suggests we'll have to play better to secure 3 points.

I'd drop Maddison for sure.

5Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Mon 22 Feb - 15:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Thomason gets better every time i see him. He can pass but he's learning the other side of the game as well now and he gets stuck in more and is being more physical.

He's going to be one to build a team around i reckon.
Best product since Holding in my book. 
Tomorrow’s the missus’ birthday and because of lockdown I can’t take her out for the evening, throw a party or get the mates round to entertain her so it’s looking very much like my attention will be required elsewhere.
With my luck this will be the game where Nat has 18 pints of Pepsi before kick off and we score a hatful.

6Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Mon 22 Feb - 15:50

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm with Nat on this one, Maddison hasn't pulled up many trees in his starts so far, would prefer to see Arthur starting on the left, and Williams, Lee holding the midfield, the defence has looked a lot stronger since they both started, and I'd give Doyle a rest and start Miller with Dapo in behind him.

7Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Mon 22 Feb - 16:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maddison has had a terrible start with us but he does have the talent. I’m just wondering if it’s his attitude that needs sorting. Suspect he’s on fancy wages so Evatt will give him every opportunity to start performing. Maddison must surely realise that dropping down the divisions to showcase himself and then not producing the goods could finish his career?
Still hopeful he’ll come good.

8Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 12:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've had a good run recently but so have Scunny who have won their last 4 in a row so I'm slightly nervous about the bookies making us favourites for this.
If we play as poorly as we did against Southend, they'll murder us so yet again, here we are wondering if this is the game when we finally fulfill our potential.
To put it into context, it's exactly a month today when Mr Pig created his "Time for Evatt to go?" thread - and whilst I thought that Evatt needs more time, I'm still not convinced he is getting the best out of this squad.
Today would be a good time to start.

9Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 15:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone know if I subscribe to iFollow, put it on pause for 4 hours until the missus goes to bed, will I still be able to watch the game then?
Alternatively how long after the game do they stick it in the archive?

10Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 15:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can pause it i think but not sure for how long? Can you not bribe Mrs Lusty with something to let you watch it?

11Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 16:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:You can pause it i think but not sure for how long? Can you not bribe Mrs Lusty with something to let you watch it?
Lusty needs a man cave, or 'hell hole' as mine is often described. It's not much, but it's sanctuary.

12Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 16:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Lusty needs a man cave, or 'hell hole' as mine is often described. It's not much, but it's sanctuary.
 I would love a hideaway like you have boncey but we only have a box room spare and that's full of crap already.

13Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 16:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 16:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

15Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 17:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
 I would love a hideaway like you have boncey but we only have a box room spare and that's full of crap already.
According to the family, mine's full of crap as well. The younger members moan that I've got more toys than them, and have a hissy fit when I won't let them play with my Buzz Lightyear. (non speaking).

16Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 17:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
The younger members moan that I've got more toys than them, and have a hissy fit when I won't let them play with my Buzz Lightyear. (non speaking).

Not commenting to this. Very Happy

17Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 17:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton Wanderers vs. Scunthorpe United

Ian Evatt’s go in search of a fourth successive win against in-form Scunthorpe United at the University of Bolton Stadium this evening.

Pre-Match Quotes:

Ian Evatt: “They’ve had a good run of form themselves, they’ve won their last four games. Neil (Cox) has found a way of playing that is effective, and it’s going to be a difficult challenging game.

"But we’re in a good place, the squad’s in a good place, we can rotate if needs be to keep energy high and we’ve got players champing at the bit on the training pitch, champing at the bit off the bench, champing at the bit off the bench and in reserve.

"There are lots to be positive about but also know that we’re not just going to turn up and win the game, we have to do the basics well, make sure we concentrate on our performance level and if we perform well, I’m confident that we’ll beat anybody in this league but it’s about what we do more than anything else.”

Neil Cox: “We’re looking forward to the test. They’re on a good run of form and so are we. I’m looking forward to a good challenge.

“They’ll be looking for automatic promotion and we want to keep climbing up the league.

“We’re going to concentrate on what we’re going to do and we have to keep the ball a bit better than we did on Saturday.

“We’re fresh and ready to go.

“I spent nearly three years at that football club and Mark (Howard), Jem (Karacan) and (George) Taft have all been there.

“They will all want to do well going back there.”

How to Watch:

Wanderers’ supporters can watch the game against Scunthorpe United by purchasing an iFollow BWFC video match pass for just £10 you don’t have to miss a kick.

An iFollow BWFC video match pass will ensure supporters do not miss a minute of the action, with the entire match streamed through any compatible laptop, computer, tablet, or mobile device in the United Kingdom.

Team News:

Wanderers have a clean bill of health going into tonight’s game with no fresh injury concerns.

Defender Harry Brockbank will return to training later this week after a spell on the sidelines with a groin injury.

Bookies Odds:

Bolton Wanderers win: 1/1

Draw: 12/5

Scunthorpe United win: 5/2

Correct as of 23/02/2021 (3pm) on skybet.com

Form:

Tonight’s contestants are the two in-form teams in Sky Bet League Two with Ian Evatt’s troops looking for a fourth consecutive win, while The Iron are chasing a fifth win on the spin.

Wanderers go into the match on the back of two solid away victories against Southend United at the weekend and a midweek fightback against Mansfield Town which saw them recover from two goals down to win the game 3-2.

Scunthorpe beat Harrogate Town 3-1 at the weekend after a good win against Colchester prior to that.

Last time out:

Loanee Peter Kioso grabbed the only goal of the game earlier in the campaign as Wanderers ran out 1-0 winners at Glanford Park.

The winner sent Wanderers up to 13th spot in the division and was their fourth successive win.

Match Officials:

Referee: Anthony Blackhouse.

Assistant Referees: Richard Wigglesworth and Matthew Bristow.

Fourth Official: Conor Brown.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 18:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

19Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 18:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see Thomason starting

20Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Scunthorpe Tue 23 Feb - 18:11

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Six points from two home wins could see us move into a playoff position.

No pressure, these boys can do it!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum