Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » FGR 0-1 Bolton

FGR 0-1 Bolton

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 14:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Gotta be favourites to win the league at this point

32FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 15:32

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Poor match, great result. Paid a tenner to Now TV to watch it but how rubbish was the SKY commentary?
Nice to see Morecambe take the lead. Come on you Shrimps.

33FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 15:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nice to be in an automatic promotion spot even if it was only for an hour.
Keith Hill etc would love to outdo us but I’m rooting for Mansfield today.

34FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 16:59

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Tranmere held to a draw. Good old Mansfield!

35FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 17:27

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Fabulous result. I know it's very early days but I'm beginning to think this might just be the start of a second "White Hot" era. 14 wins and 2 draws, 44 points from a possible 48 and even when we play average or bad football we're getting the positive result. It's been a long time since that happened for us. Long may it continue.

36FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 18:24

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Fabulous result. I know it's very early days but I'm beginning to think this might just be the start of a second "White Hot" era. 14 wins and 2 draws, 44 points from a possible 48 and even when we play average or bad football we're getting the positive result. It's been a long time since that happened for us. Long may it continue.
And long may our opposition defenses not bother picking up one of the leagues most prolific strikers.

37FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 18:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I didn't wake up until 1pm. Missed the goal.

38FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 18:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I didn't wake up until 1pm. Missed the goal.

Twe@p. Cool

39FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 19:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I slept in my 'No Ken Do' t-shirt though, so I was there in spirit.

40FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 20:29

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Just had a good chuckle reading the "is it time for Evatt to go thread "   Some ludicrous comments on his ability to manage, no shock that Nat was prominent lol along with others. how time can make a real prick out of us lol.

To be fair Wanderlust nailed it .

41FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 20:48

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Just had a good chuckle reading the "is it time for Evatt to go thread "   Some ludicrous comments on his ability to manage, no shock that Nat was prominent lol along with others. how time can make a real prick out of us lol.

And I thought Doyle really nailed it... what a pass and what a shot!

42FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 21:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I slept in my 'No Ken Do' t-shirt though, so I was there in spirit.

You must be absolutely fuming that you’ve nothing to criticise

43FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 27 2021, 21:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Just had a good chuckle reading the "is it time for Evatt to go thread "   Some ludicrous comments on his ability to manage, no shock that Nat was prominent lol along with others. how time can make a real prick out of us lol.

I would say Bonce was the one that was bob on and his was post two in the thread and posted on the 23rd Jan which was before we signed AJ Williams and young Afolayan both of whom are now crucial first team regulars.

Wanderlust was still saying 'the team hadn't gelled' and 'further improvements needed' as late as post 77 on the 13th Feb - nearly a month later and after the transfer window had shut.

For myself, I said to keep Evatt but did go on to say we had no chance of promotion this season!

I'm very happy to be proven wrong on that though!

Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

44FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 00:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:facepalm:

45FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 00:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Haven't heard any update on Jamille Matt's injury yet...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...but it's a nasty one. Some commentators speculating it might be a broken arm but to me it looks like finger ligaments - possibly all of them. Anyway, hope he recovers soon but ligament damage could end his season unless he's allowed to play wearing a cast which is unlikely.
Don't think his absence overly affected the result given the form of Santos and Baptiste although I'd have backed him to finish the one that Davison fluffed or at least get a shot away.

Interesting weekend coming up for us. We have struggling Colchester at home so potential banana skin, but Cheltenham and Tranmere play each other so something has to give.
Win and we cement our place in the top three.

46FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 08:43

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It was no less depressing for its predictability hearing SKY's useless commentary at the Innocent ('til proved guilty) Stadium yesterday. The whole place is smothered in Vince propaganda whilst the commentators plainly hadn't a clue about Ecotricity's £millions losses, FGR's £millions losses, Ecotricity's £millions unaffordable debts, FGR's £millions unaffordable debts, Vince's £millions interest-free loans to himself, the £millions of Coronavirus loans, and the £millions in tax avoidance.

Sustainability in Sport? What a bunch of TWE*Ps!!!!

47FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It was no less depressing for its predictability hearing SKY's useless commentary at the Innocent ('til proved guilty) Stadium yesterday. The whole place is smothered in Vince propaganda whilst the commentators plainly hadn't a clue about Ecotricity's £millions losses, FGR's £millions losses, Ecotricity's £millions unaffordable debts, FGR's £millions unaffordable debts, Vince's £millions interest-free loans to himself, the £millions of Coronavirus loans, and the £millions in tax avoidance.

Sustainability in Sport? What a bunch of TWE*Ps!!!!
Brilliant Bob!
You were missed on the portal so we had to improvise.

48FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 13:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You must be absolutely fuming that you’ve nothing to criticise

Nothing? You massive tit Boggers.

What about our inability to kill teams off?

Why haven't we trounced anyone if we're so great?

And in my opinion, our centre forward is nowhere near as good as folk make out.

49FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 14:06

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We should have won this league by now.

I’m delighted that we’re in a play off place given where we were a couple of months ago but wouldn’t have expected any less when the season kicked off.

All credit to Evatt for his additions to the squad and turning things around but the season should be measured on our finishing position, not an incredible 13 game run.

Promotion is the target and let’s hope he delivers.

50FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 15:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

And in my opinion, our centre forward is nowhere near as good as folk make out.

Totally agree that we should be killing teams off. But with a defence as solid as ours we can rely on these slim leads.

51FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 18:58

T.R.O.Y.

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
No complaints after yesterday, all that matters are results at the moment. Will be a travesty if we drop this now. 

Can understand complaints about Doyle not getting enough service, but he’s been ridiculously efficient this year. Great striker for this level and we’re lucky to have him.

52FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 19:20

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
No one else on the pitch could have scored that goal. Priceless! The difference between one point and three......again.

53FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 21:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:No complaints after yesterday, all that matters are results at the moment. Will be a travesty if we drop this now. 

Can understand complaints about Doyle not getting enough service, but he’s been ridiculously efficient this year. Great striker for this level and we’re lucky to have him.

It sorts of begs the question as to who signed him, Phoenix or Evatt?

Doyle and Sarcevic were standout players at this level last season and clearly someone got the idea to convince Sharon to pay the wages needed to get them.

I would have thought we had to get the ball rolling early before any other clubs could snap them up, so my guess would be Phoenix was more likely to be the one than Evatt.

I would imagine if that being the case that he was behind young Thomason and Santos signings as well?

Yes, he must have been behind signing many of the duds as well but whoever it was who came up with the plan to sign Doyle and Sarce and convince Sharon to no doubt outbid others for their services, deserves a little nod of credit in their direction.

Certainly Doyle and his goals have been crucial to where we are this season.

Hope he gets a hat full more whilst he plays for us too!

54FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 21:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

It’s because the team “hasn’t quite gelled yet” and “there are still improvements needed”.

😄

55FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Sun Mar 28 2021, 23:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

56FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Mon Mar 29 2021, 09:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I liked this so much, I had to watch it twice. Very funny.

57FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Mon Mar 29 2021, 10:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Haven't heard any update on Jamille Matt's injury yet...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...but it's a nasty one. Some commentators speculating it might be a broken arm but to me it looks like finger ligaments - possibly all of them. Anyway, hope he recovers soon but ligament damage could end his season unless he's allowed to play wearing a cast which is unlikely.
Don't think his absence overly affected the result given the form of Santos and Baptiste although I'd have backed him to finish the one that Davison fluffed or at least get a shot away.

Interesting weekend coming up for us. We have struggling Colchester at home so potential banana skin, but Cheltenham and Tranmere play each other so something has to give.
Win and we cement our place in the top three.
Tommy dicked fingers. Very Happy

58FGR 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: FGR 0-1 Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 12:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum