Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » BWFC 0-0 Colchester

BWFC 0-0 Colchester

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty BWFC 0-0 Colchester Tue Mar 30 2021, 08:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
When they beat us comfortably 2 nil back in September, the U’s looked like they could be a force to be reckoned with in League 2 but since then they’ve been a proper mixed bag.
Never really troubling either end of the table until recently they’ve had some decent performances/results and some shockers so a lot depends on which Colchester turns up on the day.
Sitting just 4 points above the trapdoor I suspect they won’t be lacking motivation. Two weeks ago Tranmere were lucky to get a late equaliser against them via a deflected Jay Spearing shot from a Nuggy lay off and on Saturday Bradford had to survive a decent penalty shout to get the points so we must not make the mistake of thinking this is anything other than another cup final.

We have to win this game really....and I think we might but it will be no stroll in the park. 
Odd goal job.

2BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Tue Mar 30 2021, 08:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We'll win this 2-0 and carry on the run i reckon. The defence look solid and we don't look like conceding so i'm confident we can win this.

3BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Tue Mar 30 2021, 14:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Despite their team showing a bit of bottle recently, the U's chat forums are fairly depressing places with a lot of fans assuming we'll kill 'em and banking on getting something at Barrow on Monday to keep them afloat. Probably due to all the hype we've suddenly had in the media. I don't like it.
We're on a run, they're staring at the drop, everyone assuming we'll walk it - perfect conditions for an upset.

Talking of the media taking an interest in us, pretty much all the pundits have given us short shrift all season, with the possible exception of that lad from Belfast who presents EFL on Quest. Not sure why, but he's always had a liking for BWFC and is knowledgeable about our history. Good lad.

4BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Tue Mar 30 2021, 15:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
0-0, 78% possession.

5BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Tue Mar 30 2021, 16:38

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:0-0, 78% possession.
This from the oracle that consistantly says we will get dicked despite taking 35 points from the possible 39. 

Could happen Nat but although this on paper is a must win, that is not the case we can win 5 and draw 4 and probably win the league off 82 points. So if we did draw (Wanderlust ) the fact that we won at Forest Green would continue a 2 point per game run.  Of course i would be disappointed with anything other than a win, but it really is just the next game at this point.

6BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Tue Mar 30 2021, 20:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
On paper it’s a very winnable game, but if these men sit back it will be a long afternoon. We have the quality to break them down but unfortunately we aren’t that prolific.

7BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Tue Mar 30 2021, 23:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I feel some confidence going into this and think we'll nab the win but in truth I'll be happy if we get a point provided we play well.

8BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Wed Mar 31 2021, 02:21

Keegan

Keegan
This game may well be the pasting Evatt has been promising that a club will get from us - I can see Dapo and Rico getting off the mark in this one.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Wed Mar 31 2021, 18:15

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
We need an early goal if we are to have any chance running up a decent score, we don't seem to function that way, it's a patient build up working the opposition and then taking the chance that finally appears. We are due a win with a few goals but as always 1-0 does the job.

10BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Wed Mar 31 2021, 20:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I never take a game for granted, and i don't think this will be the walkover that everyone expects. We are still a low scoring side, and we have a history, at least in my mind, of under-performing against lower placed sides. I would hope we will win, but certainly not taking it as a given.

11BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Wed Mar 31 2021, 20:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I never take a game for granted, and i don't think this will be the walkover that everyone expects. We are still a low scoring side, and we have a history, at least in my mind, of under-performing against lower placed sides. I would hope we will win, but certainly not taking it as a given.

That’ll the PTSD from being a wanderer for the past decade

12BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Thu Apr 01 2021, 09:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think Evatt needs to be working overtime to instill the urgency and importance of this game into every player. Opportunities like this are rare, especially with the news that Tranmere have lost their goalie for the rest of the season and this weekend they are playing Cheltenham followed by the league leaders Cambridge.
We have a tough run in which means we have to get maximum points when faced with struggling opposition at home to give us a league position to defend when we have to take on the likes of Morecambe, Salford and Exeter. Psychologically this is a massive game in the context of our season.

13BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Thu Apr 01 2021, 10:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 12:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 12:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Glad to see King Arthur gets a start, he always makes a difference when he comes on as a sub.

16BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 12:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live!

17BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 13:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Garbage. Gnauhoua confirming why he shouldnt start games.

18BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 13:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Need to play forward more, is quite frustrating watching us pass it around the back.

19BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 13:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Which fuckwit made this a 1pm kick off and didn't tell me? I had my afternoon planned around the game and several Easter eggs.

Twats.

20BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 15:02

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Twats

21BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 15:03

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Well at least we are still unbeaten and another point in the bag.

The transition from back to front is so slow its painful - They had so much time to get 11 men behind the ball.  We never looked like scoring. Doyle has no service at all.  Urgency arrived with 5 minutes to go - we better start thinking about some hoofball when required. 
Anyway on to the next one.

22BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 15:05

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Piss poor Sloppy Performance !!!

23BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 15:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
That was terrible. No urgency, no skill, no idea.

Despite our long unbeaten run I don't remember us playing well other than the Cambridge home game.

24BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 15:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Rubbish. Happily, Tranmere already two down.

25BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 15:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Rubbish. Happily, Tranmere already two down.
Tranmere were 2 down last time.

26BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 15:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not quite the upset I was worried about but close enough and frustrating on so many levels, especially in that we knew what to expect from a team in a relegation battle and that we had no answers.

Biggest mistake was dropping Thomason/Isgrove and losing the midfield battle as a result - which led to hoofing it forward to their big CBs. It was arrogant to start all those attacking players.
Dapo was crap today as was Maddison when he came on and even Santos was shaky at times - but I have to say we’ll done to Colchester who executed their plan perfectly.

I just wished we hadn’t helped them so much.

27BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 15:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ht in the later kickoffs and so far results are going our way. With a bit of luck this performance might not damage us too much.

28BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 16:49

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I dread ending up in the playoffs.

29BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 17:02

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Some amazing results today have saved our bacon.

It's still so frustrating that we aren't three points clear of Tranmere.

30BWFC 0-0 Colchester  Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Colchester Fri Apr 02 2021, 17:06

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Started well without really getting to many chances then fair play to Colchester they out fought us and looked better second half, all our football seems to come from Santos and Baptise passing to each other great when it works but today our creative players were poor, Dapo, Fonz, Arthur and Maddison really average today.

Positives a clean sheet 4 points from last two, if we had drawn at FGR and won today everyone would be happy the points total is the same, If we can get 4 points from Newport and Harrogate then we are still looking good for automatic, but today showed that nothing is gauranteed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum