Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » European Super League

European Super League

+6
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 12:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:And let's be honest which one of us would turn our back on BWFC if we were one of the big six - 
I would.

It's not exactly the same thing but I was absolutely disgusted when Diouf dived for the penalty against Blackburn and said so on the forum I was on at the time and got roundly hammered by everyone else on there who were only bothered about the win and not about the 'game'.

I would bet if Super League did happen then many of the 'big six' clubs fans would be still following them irrespective about any other clubs left behind - Christ look at the indifference most people had on here when it looked like Wigan was about to go under - even the Supporters Trust who are all about individual teams standing together, couldn't be arsed to help out in any way the club most closest in distance to us!!!

Yes a few principled fans would step away but I bet most Bolton fans would just love it lording it up over the likes of Blackburn, Tranmere, Wolves fans and other clubs who were left behind whilst we played the cream of Europe every week.

Fans are fickle, remember!

Anyway we aren't invited to the ball so we don't have to worry about principle v club, do we.

32European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 12:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Diving is endemic. Michael Owen did it against Argentina, but no one raised an eyebrow. 

Interesting piece in the Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/outrage-european-super-league-football-23939340

33European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 13:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Diving is endemic. Michael Owen did it against Argentina, but no one raised an eyebrow. 

Interesting piece in the Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/outrage-european-super-league-football-23939340

There's loads of stuff endemic in football - cheating, greed, laddism, racism and no doubt corruption but it doesn't make it right does it?

I'm not a moralist, I know the world isn't perfect and I can't even change a few closed minds on here - never mind the real world.

At the end of the day football is just a group of young vastly over paid men kicking a ball about playing a game.  If people put a value on that and want to spend their money watching them on the TV - and the TV audience is worldwide - then it becomes all about money.

It always has been - the rich clubs always buy the best players from the poorer clubs - we sold David Jack to Arsenal for a world record fee about a hundred years ago - so it's nothing new.

I don't watch the PL now, so it doesn't really matter much to me if the Super League takes off or not.

There's clearly a market for the ESL otherwise UEFA wouldn't be trying to tinker about with the Champions League to try and stop the clubs setting one up and why should the club owners worry about the fans - look at how Anderson was treated here, even before he stepped through the door!

They mainly are in it for either the money or the vanity, not many at the top table are in it because of the love of the game.

The game is already broken for me when players demand half a million pounds a week to play - ffs as the world gone mad???

How much money can you even spend in your lifetime?

It's just greed and the game isn't about the 'people' that's a myth - it's about money and getting stupidly rich.

Even at little old Bolton we are only doing well because we've paid good money for the likes of Doyle and Sarcevic - they aren't here because we pay peanuts are they?

If Salford would have paid them more they'd be there and not with us - and Salford would be pushing for promotion and not BWFC.

You need to probably do something like they do in the NFL where the crapiest teams from last year get the first pick of the best players - if you want to have a more equal league - but that won't be happening any time soon.

We get what we deserve they say - maybe the ESL is just that because we've already sold football's soul to the PL almost thirty years ago!

Also why are politicians getting involved with football - I'm not understanding this?

They aren't the regulatory body for the game and as far as I can understand things the clubs aren't doing anything illegal if they did set up the ESL.

Am I missing something?

34European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 13:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The likes of BoJo are doing it for the brownie points but if they can influence or put in legislation stopping this happening then they've done a good job in my eyes.

35European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 13:46

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And here's a neat little dive from Saint Marcus of Rashford.

36European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 14:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

There's loads of stuff endemic in football - cheating, greed, laddism, racism and no doubt corruption but it doesn't make it right does it?

I'm not a moralist, I know the world isn't perfect and I can't even change a few closed minds on here - never mind the real world.

At the end of the day football is just a group of young vastly over paid men kicking a ball about playing a game.  If people put a value on that and want to spend their money watching them on the TV - and the TV audience is worldwide - then it becomes all about money.

It always has been - the rich clubs always buy the best players from the poorer clubs - we sold David Jack to Arsenal for a world record fee about a hundred years ago - so it's nothing new.

I don't watch the PL now, so it doesn't really matter much to me if the Super League takes off or not.

There's clearly a market for the ESL otherwise UEFA wouldn't be trying to tinker about with the Champions League to try and stop the clubs setting one up and why should the club owners worry about the fans - look at how Anderson was treated here, even before he stepped through the door!

They mainly are in it for either the money or the vanity, not many at the top table are in it because of the love of the game.

The game is already broken for me when players demand half a million pounds a week to play - ffs as the world gone mad???

How much money can you even spend in your lifetime?

It's just greed and the game isn't about the 'people' that's a myth - it's about money and getting stupidly rich.

Even at little old Bolton we are only doing well because we've paid good money for the likes of Doyle and Sarcevic - they aren't here because we pay peanuts are they?

If Salford would have paid them more they'd be there and not with us - and Salford would be pushing for promotion and not BWFC.

You need to probably do something like they do in the NFL where the crapiest teams from last year get the first pick of the best players - if you want to have a more equal league - but that won't be happening any time soon.

We get what we deserve they say - maybe the ESL is just that because we've already sold football's soul to the PL almost thirty years ago!

Also why are politicians getting involved with football - I'm not understanding this?

They aren't the regulatory body for the game and as far as I can understand things the clubs aren't doing anything illegal if they did set up the ESL.

Am I missing something?

37European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 14:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

38European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't stop singing 'The Sun Has Got His Hat On' all fooking week now.

Bellend.

39European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 15:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I won't stop singing 'The Sun Has Got His Hat On' all fooking week now.

Bellend.
Great news. Preston is in for a treat. cheers

40European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 15:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:The likes of BoJo are doing it for the brownie points but if they can influence or put in legislation stopping this happening then they've done a good job in my eyes.
The trouble is....Boris' interventions can sometimes be disastrous.....Just ask the family of Nazanin Zaghari Ratcliffe.....

41European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 16:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
The trouble is....Boris' interventions can sometimes be disastrous.....Just ask the family of Nazanin Zaghari Ratcliffe.....
He's more interested in Wiff Waff.

42European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Wed Apr 21 2021, 08:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well it's all over by the looks as all the English teams have pulled out now, common sense has prevailed for now but this issue of the big clubs wanting more money won't go away.

43European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Wed Apr 21 2021, 08:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Well it's all over by the looks as all the English teams have pulled out now, common sense has prevailed for now but this issue of the big clubs wanting more money won't go away.

As long as we have billionaires, hedge funds, and oligarchs running the big clubs, it'll never go away.

44European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Wed Apr 21 2021, 08:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hopefully there are punishments to be dished out...

45European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Wed Apr 21 2021, 08:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Well it's all over by the looks as all the English teams have pulled out now, common sense has prevailed for now but this issue of the big clubs wanting more money won't go away.

The clubs signed 24 year contracts so this isn't all over just yet.

Someone is about to make a nice quick buck now and it serves them right.

I wonder what the fine will be?

46European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Wed Apr 21 2021, 08:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Made me laugh watching Perez from Real Madrid pulling out all his completely made up statistics about 16-24 year old not wanting to watch football as the main reason when they are spending half a billion on their stadium.

47European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Wed Apr 21 2021, 08:49

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:

As long as we have billionaires, hedge funds, and oligarchs running the big clubs, it'll never go away.
Not just big clubs with billionaire owners, Boncey.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-owners-rich-list-coronavirus-3016761

Not sure where they get all their figures from, mind you.

48European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Wed Apr 21 2021, 10:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to laugh at Sky getting on their high horse. They've been part of the problem for years.

49European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Wed Apr 21 2021, 10:46

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Have to laugh at Sky getting on their high horse. They've been part of the problem for years.
Exactly. Isn't that what I've been saying for some time on Vince Watch?

Vince wasn't convinced that the Super-Greedy Barstewards League was such a bad thing when the Greedy Barstewards League had proved such a rip-roaring success. I assume he meant for Red Nev and his mates.

50European Super League - Page 3 Empty Re: European Super League Wed Apr 21 2021, 11:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The big dogs at Sky saw a couple of American Pit Bull Terriers swaggering over the horizon, so rallied the poodles (footy fans) to see them off.
We need to take Sky on. They drone on about normal football supporters not being involved in all these ESL discussions, but do they ever involve us when they move times, dates, for upcoming fixtures? No.
They even have a man at the side of the pitch telling the ref it's ok to kick off now, because the adverts have finished.
They've got some brass neck.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum