Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The end for the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The BWSA was the clubs formal supporters body and had been so for about 30 years now.

It's basic role was to arrange travel to away matches for fans and had official links with the club to this end (and had an additional perk to print the seasons fixtures which believe it or not was illegal for anybody else to do so without paying a fee!).

The club always recognised the BWSA to be its official fan club, always sent players and club officials to its meetings and kept the wanna be ST, wisely, at more than arms length until now.

Unfortunately it looks as those who ran the BWSA (many of whom were elderly) have had to pack it in since Covid struck - certainly both their Twitter and Facebook accounts have not been active since March of last year.

I see today that the ST have signed them up to be one of a number of random affiliates, they are blowing their trumpet about which includes a group of four or five youths in Argentina and a pub in Bennidorm - would you believe!

I do hope all those of the BWSA are all safe and well sheltered from Covid and I'd like to thank them for all they've done for the club and its fans over the years.

Everytime I hear the words 'Werther's Original' or 'Doom Bar' I will think fondly of them!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I was a member of BWSA for some years. They were a great bunch of people. A shame to see it all come to an end.
No way I would join the supporters trust.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFCST – BWSA & Lancaster Whites Affiliation Agreement

We are pleased to announce that Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association (BWSA) and Lancaster Whites have both agreed to become BWFCST Affiliates, joining BWFC Latam, BWSC Norway, BWDSA and The Embankment in coming together in support of our newly promoted Whites.

The following is a joint statement from the BWSA and the BWFCST:

“At a critical time in the rebuilding of Bolton Wanderers and also at an equally crucial time in football's future development, the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association are fully supportive of the BWFCST in their Affiliation initiative to bring all the disparate BWFC supporters’ groups together to create a mutually beneficial, structured communication channel to represent the views and opinions of all Bolton Wanderers supporters.

The BWSA have now signed a Collaboration Agreement with the BWFCST to become Affiliate Members and are now looking forward to working with the BWFCST and all the other Affiliated groups to promote the name of Bolton Wanderers FC and to represent the interests of all BWFC supporters in any relationship with the club, whilst retaining independence in structure and governance.”

BWFCST & BWSA    

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This could be viewed as the end of the BWSA but equally could be viewed as the beginning of a new partnership bringing together disparate groups with a common interest - who are perhaps stronger together.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:This could be viewed as the end of the BWSA but equally could be viewed as the beginning of a new partnership bringing together disparate groups with a common interest - who are perhaps stronger together.

Could be.

That's certainly how the ST is selling it.

Let's have a look at some of these 'affiliates' though shall we?

1 - The Embankment 'group'

(Fwiw the pub manager is apparently a SPURS fan!)

2 - Latam group

About twenty young lads from random South American country's.

Fair play to them, I'm not knocking them but hardly a big cog in the machinery are they really?

3 - BWSA group

The last 'tweet' from the group from well over a year ago!

The group is sadly not active anymore.

4 - Bolton Wanderers Disabled Supporters Association group.

Again fair play to them but I can't even seem to find anything about them - google shows this -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

..dunno..

Anybody truly think these groups are any more than a rag tag bunch of random people just being cobbled together and made to sound a great deal more than what they really are?

Does a pub in Spain, a bunch of Argentinian millennials, a now defuct Supporters Association and a disability group that Google can't seem to find are really representative and the true voice of BWFC fans???

I don't.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Anybody truly think these groups are any more than a rag tag bunch of random people just being cobbled together and made to sound a great deal more than what they really are?'

You've just described Nuts and WW. Razz

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

They may not be A listers, but they support the club. Having served overseas for years at a time, I know how good it feels to be part of a group of like-minded people. Good for them I reckon, (even though I am still too suspicious of the ST to join them).

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:'Anybody truly think these groups are any more than a rag tag bunch of random people just being cobbled together and made to sound a great deal more than what they really are?'

You've just described Nuts and WW. Razz

Maybe so but we aren't here to be so conceited enough to claim to be the voice of ALL BWFC fans!

Christ we can agree amongst ourselves most of the time and anyone who the ruling clique on WW don't like they ban!

As far as I'm aware the biggest two active groups of Bolton supporters are WW and the Facebook group Bolton and Proud.

Wouldn't you think if the ST was serious about their intent (rather than keeping control of everything for themselves) that they'd get those two groups - and the likes of us, The Wanderer and others, onboard rather than a pub in Benidorm, a group of Argentinan university type students, a closed down group and another group that doesn't even have a web address???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum