Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plans to build school in Haslam Park dropped

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Plans to build school in Haslam Park dropped 13579610

Controversial plans to build a school in a park have been scrapped, The Bolton News has this morning learned.

Proposals had been put forward to develop a secondary school in Haslam Park, a popular green space with the community.

Now it has emerged those plans will not be going ahead.

Leader of Bolton Council, Cllr Martyn Cox told The Bolton News: "I am delighted after negigotians with the department for education we will not need to build a schools in Haslam Park."

The decision follows a campaign by residents angered they would lose a green space in a built up area.

The Bolton News reported last month that alternative sites are being sought for the new school.

Haslam Park in Deane had been earmarked as the preferred site for a new high school for the area.

Last year, a large area of the public park and nature reserve was agreed in principle to be replaced by a new high school after Bolton Council agreed to release ownership to the Department for Education.

More to follow.

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I used to play tennis at Haslam Park and run cross country along the nearby Middlebrook.

Used to drink in the Vulcan, Stags Head, Queen Anne, Church Inn and Kings Head as well!

Happy days.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The council were trying to do the same thing at the football pitches on Captains Clough Road but that's been thrown out as well thank God! Spent many hours playing on there as a kid.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I used to play tennis at Haslam Park and run cross country along the nearby Middlebrook.

Used to drink in the Vulcan, Stags Head, Queen Anne, Church Inn and Kings Head as well!

Happy days.

Only been in the Vulcan once which was enough after seeing a woman rowing with a bloke where she took her stiletto heel off and whacked him in the head with it.

The Stags head has been pulled down and there are a few shops and a nursery currently being built on the land.

The Church Inn was transformed into an Islamic school and now I believe it is becoming a Mosque.

The Rumworth just before the dip to the junction of Beaumont Road was also changed into a dentist.

The Queen Anne and King's Head are still there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum