Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Speed...

+9
WhiteBic
Keegan
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:42

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sorry, I agree with Whit's selfish stance (scumbag was a little much). To put his family through that and scar them for life is selfish, there is no other way of describing it. But like boon says it isn't the easy way out the majority of the time.

32Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:56

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:all I will say is it is NOT the easy way out.
A guy hangs himself at the family home leaving his wife and kids to sort his mess out. No one should deny that is taking the easy way out.

What a load of bull shit.

33Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 16:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:

What a load of bull shit.

I'm not taking the piss, I am genuinely interested in why you think that isn't taking the easy way out. Once you're dead all your problems become the problems of your wife and kids.

It is no different than some scrote doing a runner to avoid debts, it's just another way of not facing up to your problems.

34Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 16:47

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not taking the piss, I am genuinely interested in why you think that isn't taking the easy way out.

Lt. Boon wrote:I'm not going to be drawn into a long debate about suicide, all I will say is it is NOT the easy way out. If it was, hundreds of thousands of people would kill themselves every day. To take your own life is the hard way out. It must take more guts, balls, courage than anything else to actually go through with it. Leaving a mess behind for others to find is horrible, yes, but it's not an easy way out and as others have said, Gary must have had no doubts that it was the ONLY option available to him. Such a sad situation! That's all I will say on that.

35Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We clearly have a different definition of "balls".

If you think balls is jumping off the top of the stairs with a pair of tights wrapped around your neck then I despair.

Any fool can top themselves, it takes more "balls" to face up to your problems.

36Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 16:52

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair, you know all about what it means to have balls "Natasha"!

37Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 16:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:To be fair, you know all about what it means to have balls "Natasha"!

Good one! Not heard that before.

38Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 16:56

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

There's certainly no honour or balls in killing yourself and leaving your body for your kids to find.

39Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:02

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

summercummings wrote:There's certainly no honour or balls in killing yourself and leaving your body for your kids to find.

Who said it was honourable?

40Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 29 2016, 19:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have resurrected this post from 2012 with regards to Barry Bennell. Post 12 was my comment at the time regarding the dirty bastard.

41Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Wed Nov 30 2016, 10:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Same thought had crossed my mind RT.

I don't recall having read this thread before, but have now, and one thing that strikes me is that, in my opinion, and something that one or two have missed, is that a person who commits suicide isn't in a normal frame of mind, and to judge them by normal standards is wrong. We cannot understand what fears and reasoning they use, as they are in a place that we, generally, don't understand.

42Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Sun Dec 11 2016, 22:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I notice that former Crewe manager Dario Gradi has been suspended by the FA today. Not wishing to read too much into events but Gradi has been at Crewe over twenty years and as well as never being married it now transpires that one of Barry Bennells victims was assaulted by Bennell at Gradi's home address.

43Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Mon Dec 12 2016, 11:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It is suspicious under the circumstances, especially as nobody else has been banned, or even mentioned, (apparently). Even though you probably know, I'll just mention that the Gradi covering up incident, was when he was at Chelsea.

44Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Mon Dec 12 2016, 12:52

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:it now transpires that one of Barry Bennells victims was assaulted by Bennell at Gradi's home address.
Where did it say that, the one incident he appears to be linked with is smoothing over an assault by Eddie Heath who was a scout, I haven't seen any links to Bennell and Gradi unless you've seen a different report.

45Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Mon Dec 12 2016, 16:50

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Reebok Trotter wrote:I notice that former Crewe manager Dario Gradi has been suspended by the FA today. Not wishing to read too much into events but Gradi has been at Crewe over twenty years and as well as never being married it now transpires that one of Barry Bennells victims was assaulted by Bennell at Gradi's home address.
Would you say that this kind of  thing is a sickness RT ?

46Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Mon Dec 12 2016, 17:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lard Lad wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I notice that former Crewe manager Dario Gradi has been suspended by the FA today. Not wishing to read too much into events but Gradi has been at Crewe over twenty years and as well as never being married it now transpires that one of Barry Bennells victims was assaulted by Bennell at Gradi's home address.
Would you say that this kind of  thing is a sickness RT ?

Not really a sickness as such. More a case of individuals having an unhealthy interest in children using their position of authority for their own gratification. No different than the Catholic Church or the Entertainment industry.

47Gary Speed...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Mon Dec 12 2016, 17:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:it now transpires that one of Barry Bennells victims was assaulted by Bennell at Gradi's home address.
Where did it say that, the one incident he appears to be linked with is smoothing over an assault by Eddie Heath who was a scout, I haven't seen any links to Bennell and Gradi unless you've seen a different report.

Taken from Wikipedia.

UK football sexual abuse scandal[edit]

Main article: United Kingdom football sexual abuse scandal
On 16 November 2016, former Crewe defender Andy Woodward revealed that he had been the victim of child sexual abuse by former football coach Barry Bennell (convicted as a paedophile in 1998) at the club in the 1980s.[13][14][15] Subsequently, six other individuals contacted the police, and on 22 November, The Guardian reported that Crewe team mate Steve Walters had been another of Bennell's victims.[16] As Gradi had been manager at the time of the abuse, and as one attack was reported to have taken place at Gradi's home but without his knowledge, Gradi was pressed to "say more about what he knew and when."[17][18] On 24 November, Gradi released a statement saying he knew nothing of Bennell's crimes:
I would like to express sympathy to the victims of Barry Bennell not only at Crewe Alexandra, but at other clubs in the North West. The first I knew of Barry Bennell’s crimes was when he was arrested in the United States in 1994. I knew nothing of his crimes before this time when he was employed by us. No-one at the Football Club knew of Bennell’s crimes until his arrest in 1994 and his subsequent prosecution in the United Kingdom. The football club also co-operated fully with the authorities in 2003. The club are in the process of a review and I won’t be making any further comment until this is finalised."[19]
Also on 24 November, another ex-Crewe academy graduate Danny Murphy talked to the Evening Standard about Gradi:
“He was an amazing, generous, caring guy but he would never cross boundaries. I felt comfortable in his company. I felt safe in his home and under his guardianship. The more time I spent at Crewe, I notice the caution he exercised within his role. ... For example, he wouldn’t come into the bedroom to wake you up but he would always shout through the door. ... I hate the fact that he might be doubted in any way or even remotely linked to such negativity and bad things. My experience is totally the opposite. ... I believe that if he had known what Barry Bennell had been doing, he would have put a stop to it.”[20]
Similar character references were provided by former Alex trainee, now Crewe Chronicle journalist, Peter Morse,[21] and former defender David Wright.[22]
On 3 December, The Independent reported a Chelsea youth player's allegation that Dario Gradi, then Chelsea's assistant manager, visited the player's family's home to "smooth over" a complaint of sexual assault against Chelsea chief scout Eddie Heath in 1974.[23] Gradi responded with a statement:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum