Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Remember Your Dreams?

+15
karlypants
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
gloswhite
Sluffy
Angry Dad
Keegan
largehat
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 11:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bloody hell AD, pissed myself laughing when I read this. Of course, I do have a great deal of sympathy with you having bad dreams  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

32Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 12:24

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yeah but he don't catch her gloss and it's pissin me off!!

33Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 12:32

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Seriously i went to the doc for some sleeping pills and i thought he wont give me any but he did he gave me Mirtazapine which iv'e been taking . Get a solid 8 hours unbroken but the dreams are wicked, i had one last night that was so real i was with a woman and i actually experienced sensations, the wife was trying to wake me up when she did she was so angry wanted to know who Anna was  affraid

34Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 13:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's my dream from last night.
I was having a meal with several other blokes, one of whom was Larry David, of Curb Your Enthusiasm fame.
Anyway, the guy at the end of the table was the double of Adolf Hitler. He was dressed in a shell suit, and was happily munching away on his salad.
The strange thing was, no one was acknowledging the fact of this guy's resemblance to the tyrant, and Larry David kept nudging me in an effort to find out why.
I had no answer of course, and kept eating, hoping that the situation might resolve itself. 
Unfortunately, at this point I woke up.
I've no idea what it all means, but my dreams are getting stranger by the day. Or night.

35Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 13:45

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:Here's my dream from last night.
I was having a meal with several other blokes, one of whom was Larry David, of Curb Your Enthusiasm fame.
Anyway, the guy at the end of the table was the double of Adolf Hitler. He was dressed in a shell suit, and was happily munching away on his salad.
The strange thing was, no one was acknowledging the fact of this guy's resemblance to the tyrant, and Larry David kept nudging me in an effort to find out why.
I had no answer of course, and kept eating, hoping that the situation might resolve itself. 
Unfortunately, at this point I woke up.
I've no idea what it all means, but my dreams are getting stranger by the day. Or night.
That is interesting bonce perhaps they were aware of not wanting to commit a microaggression. Laughing

36Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 17:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have one constantly recurring and deeply troubling dream. I'm a child again or perhaps a teenager back in the house I grew up in. However nothing about the house makes sense. I come out of my bedroom and find out it opens into empty space and when I step back in and close the door it opens again but the stairs lead to incredibly weird place. No matter what I do I can't find a door that leads out of the house and all the corridors change shape whenever I turn a corner then go back. To make it worse I can hear my family screaming for help but I can never find any of them. I call back and try to follow the sound of their voices but whenever I'm at a door that should lead to them it doesn't, it leads me to a room or rooms I've never seen before or the doorway is bricked up. I have no idea why I dream this since all my family are fine but it's been with me since I can remember.

37Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 19:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Peter, not being funny, but I think you should seriously try to find out what your dream means.

38Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 19:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's like a nightmare Peter. At the age of around 6 I had a horrible nightmare that repeated itself every night for about three weeks.
I was being chased by a human skeleton, but the head of the skeleton was a crocodile skull, which had a little goatee beard at its tip.
I eventually came to a river. The next thing I know I'm paddling across the river in a canoe, with the skeleton, in another canoe, paddling furiously after me.
I knew that, should I reach the far bank, I'd be safe, but always woke up with a start before that happened.
The nightmare ran like a movie every night. Starting in the same place, and finishing abruptly in the same place. Every detail was the same.
When my parents got the doctor out, he blamed it on constipation!
I've never had the nightmare since, but can still remember every detail of it.

39Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 19:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

How tall were you then Bonce? Sounds like your arse was very close to your head  Very Happy  (sorry mate, I couldn't resist it)

40Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 19:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:How tall were you then Bonce? Sounds like your arse was very close to your head  Very Happy  (sorry mate, I couldn't resist it)
You may mock.
But for many years I couldn't look Acker Bilk in the face without wetting myself. Shocked

41Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 19:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I genuinely have no answer to that  Smile

42Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 11:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a strange one on Saturday.
Went to a Wanderers game , although I have no idea who we were playing, and on a bright, sunlit day, we won 3-0, with Zach Clough playing a blinder, despite not being at the club any more.
After the game I bought a red Mini Cooper, with a dodgy driver side door, that kept sticking. On the way home I bought a puppy, and for whatever reason, named it Seamus.
On arriving home, my Dad, who died in 1997, came out of the house and asked why I'd bought a car, bearing in mind I couldn't drive.
The dream ended there. Very odd.

43Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 13:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Had a strange one on Saturday.
Went to a Wanderers game , although I have no idea who we were playing, and on a bright, sunlit day, we won 3-0, with Zach Clough playing a blinder, despite not being at the club any more.
After the game I bought a red Mini Cooper, with a dodgy driver side door, that kept sticking. On the way home I bought a puppy, and for whatever reason, named it Seamus.
On arriving home, my Dad, who died in 1997, came out of the house and asked why I'd bought a car, bearing in mind I couldn't drive.
The dream ended there. Very odd.
It's wish fulfillment, especially the bit about us winning a game:

Freud (1900) went on to propose that a major function of dreams was the fulfillment of wishes.
Freud distinguished between the manifest content of a dream (what the dreamer remembers) and the latent content, the symbolic meaning of the dream (i.e., the underlying wish). The manifest content is often based on the events of the day.
The process whereby the underlying wish is translated into the manifest content is called dreamwork. The purpose of dreamwork is to transform the forbidden wish into a non-threatening form, thus reducing anxiety and allowing us to continue sleeping. Dreamwork involves the process of condensation, displacement, and secondary elaboration.
The process of condensation is the joining of two or more ideas/images into one. For example, a dream about a man may be a dream about both one's father and one's lover. A dream about a house might be the condensation of worries about security as well as worries about one's appearance to the rest of the world.
Displacement takes place when we transform the person or object we are really concerned about to someone else. For example, one of Freud’s patients was extremely resentful of his sister-in-law and used to refer to her as a dog, dreamed of strangling a small white dog.
Freud interpreted this as representing his wish to kill his sister-in-law.  If the patient would have really dreamed of killing his sister-in-law, he would have felt guilty. The unconscious mind transformed her into a dog to protect him.
Secondary elaboration occurs when the unconscious mind strings together wish-fulfilling images in a logical order of events, further obscuring the latent content.  According to Freud, this is why the manifest content of dreams can be in the form of believable events.

44Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 13:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't be doing with Freud. Very Happy

45Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 13:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Can't be doing with Freud. Very Happy

...denial is a concept originating with the psychodynamic theories of Sigmund Freud.

46Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 15:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This looks interesting. Or not.

ABOUT THE JOKE AND ITS RELATION TO THE UNCONSCIOUS

Why do we laugh? The answer, argued Freud in this groundbreaking study of humor, is that jokes, like dreams, satisfy our unconscious desires. The Joke and Its Relation to the Unconscious explains how jokes provide immense pleasure by releasing us from our inhibitions and allowing us to express sexual, aggressive, playful, or cynical instincts that would otherwise remain hidden. In elaborating this theory, Freud brings together a rich collection of puns, witticisms, one-liners, and anecdotes, which, as Freud shows, are a method of giving ourselves away.

47Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 15:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

48Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Jan 28 2019, 13:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a tricky dream to evaluate.

I woke up one morning, and every man in the world talked like Henry Cooper. Except me.

I was in a quandary. Do I fake it, in an effort to blend in, or should I embrace my difference,

risking persecution and scorn?

49Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Fri Sep 20 2019, 12:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was with Nigel Farage last night in my dream. He took me to his favourite fish bar and treated me to fish and chips. We then went back to his house and met up with a friend of his. 

That’s all I remember!

50Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Fri Sep 20 2019, 12:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My dreams are to have a zen garden and own a delorean. 

Neither things I will ever be able to afford.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum