Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Ever BWFC Strikers

+9
Sluffy
Keegan
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Best Ever BWFC Strikers - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Ever BWFC Strikers Wed Mar 07 2012, 21:37

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Must admit i struggled to find a partner for Anelka, just that Davies was such a threat in the air and hard to knock off the ball, at his best.

32Best Ever BWFC Strikers - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Ever BWFC Strikers Thu Mar 08 2012, 02:01

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:George Oghani

Whenever I see or hear the name George Oghani I always think of this:

45. Beware the ironing board

Having never stolen from a supermarket, I can not be sure, but I would have thought that if you were going to pay for one item and steal another then it would be advisable to pay for the cheaper item.

That isn't exactly what happened when ex-Bolton striker Oooh George Oghani decided to buy an ironing board but steal a bag of screws at the same time. Over the years it seems to have been forgotten that it was screws he was trying to avoid paying for, it is always the ironing board that is remembered.

Poor George was caught and in an attempt to get away decided to whack the security man with the ironing board but in the end it did him no good and he had to make a court appearance.

The club supported him although gave him a final warning and he was to remain a Burnley player until he decided to try and re-arrange Chris Pearce's jaw the following year.

Aye, I remember him for scoring at Preston and helping us get to Wembley, as well as that.

'Hit him o'er ead wi ironing board

ooohh George Oghani ooohh George Oghani'

Chris Pearce was mad as a box o' frogs. He wasn't the greatest goalkeeper in the world but he was pure entertainment. I remember him once practicing a bit of judo on a ballboy who was taking the piss out of him.

We used to get him dancing on the pitch quite frequently. 'Pearce Pearce give us a dance, Pearce give us a dance'

When football was fun.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum