Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is The Current Bolton Team The Shittest Of All Time?

+7
wanderlust
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Quent
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:I tend to watch quite a few games on a Saturday - as the bar I go to shows up to 5 of the 4pm (3pm UK) kick-offs and I honestly do think the standard has gone down in last 3 or 4 seasons. If it hasn't gone down then other Leagues have upped their games and become much better at playing value, entertaining value etc

I do agree with this though. The PL has dropped off a bit in the last 3-4 years, but only after a period of continuous growth and improvement which began with its inception in 1991.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Standard of English teams in Europe has gone down - our teams are nowhere near as strong as they used to be - if thats because we have not improved have and other Europeans teams have is one way of looking at it. But when you have Eastern European clubs actually playing against United to a higher standard then it does become worrying.

The standard of the English game is poor compared to 5 or even 10 years ago. If anything when you split it into division the Championship is better (majority of time) than the Premiership. In fact the Champiosnhip is also more entertaining nowadays than the Premiership.

If anything I believe the problem lies with club who try to buy success - buying, in the main, overpriced players, whether English or not, who are just not good enough and as a result bringing the standard of the game down - perfect examples being Torres and Carroll. Then you look at clubs bringing back, or using older players because the younger ones are just not good enough (i.e. Giggs and out-of-retirement Scholes for Scum, then you have a look at Chelsea and the age of their players) or foreign players being outpriced for the British clubs.

Even at the post-match interview Fergie said it was a mistake to use a younger defence - but h has used that excuse after more or less every defeat this season that the younger squad members are not cut-out to play Premiership football. He isn't the only one saying that, though!

Is it laziness on behalf of these players?, is it that we don't have good enough coaches?, is it that teh game has changed outside the Uk and we haven't kept up with the changes? more of point of last 2 season the change the FA made in only allowing 25 squad members for league games but as many as possible from the academies???

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that the fact that EPL clubs are nowhere in the CL these days compared to a few years ago shows that the overall standard has remained high - and watching Messi the other night there is a case to argue it's improved - whilst the EPL has gone downhill by comparison.
This may be due to EPL clubs realising that their financial models are largely unsustainable and so they are no longer prepared to pay overinflated wages and transfer fees for top players.
I have thought for some years that foreign clubs, players and agents would have been laughing all the way to the bank whenever an EPL club makes an enquiry, but those days appear to be over.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

just because the Bolton team now is under shat, doesn't mean the whole league is.

Of course it does! We're absolute bobbins, but a couple of wins and we'd be pushing mid-table. This is the shittest league ever.

But of course some ponce in Aberdeen knows more than David Moyes!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It could be argued that the EPL is so tight because it's so competitive and all the teams outside the top 8 are of a not too dissimilar standard - but I'm more inclined to agree with you on this one Nat. We are sh1t. If we weren't sh1t we'd be at least be able to keep possession, pass accurately and offer the occasional meaningful goal threat - and none of that has been apparent recently. At least consistently.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

just because the Bolton team now is under shat, doesn't mean the whole league is.

Of course it does! We're absolute bobbins, but a couple of wins and we'd be pushing mid-table. This is the shittest league ever.

But of course some ponce in Aberdeen knows more than David Moyes!

You might be right the league might be shit (i don't think it is) but even if it was, the standard of Bolton alone simply doesn't reflect the quality of the whole league.

I've also reported your post to the mods because i don't live in Aberdeen and the use of the word "ponce" is inflammatory.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I've also reported your post to the mods because i don't live in Aberdeen and the use of the word "ponce" is inflammatory.

I keep sluffy in my pocket, I'm not worried.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum