Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mancini calls for 2 medicals a year after Muamba episode..

+4
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

jayjay23 wrote:
largehat wrote:You have to be either a troll or completely thick to be against increased medical screening for players in the aftermath of a cardiac arrest.

Hang on a minute.
A guy in front of me had a heart attack a couple of years ago in the crowd. Shall we screen all the fans too? Don't you get what a knee jerk reaction it is?
Oh and I was witness to a woman having an epileptic fit in a supermarket, let's screen all shoppers too.

It seems to me you're not against the screenings, you just have doubts as to whether they are necessary or practical.

You can do what you like with your shoppers, I know you're being facetious, but Muamba has been screened 4 times in his career, maybe if he had been screened 8 times a problem would have been detected. You can come up with as many irrelevant and facetious examples as you like for all I care. If the clubs can afford to do it, and want to do it, they should do it.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Precisely. If the clubs want to do it then that is fine.
However - it should not be a rule!
To make it a rule would be an overreaction because of a recent emotive event.
Clubs are welcome to do it. They can do it twice per week for all I care.

My point was not really about whether or not they should do this sort of testing twice a year but more about people's overreactions to over hyped events.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum