Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Blackburn

+16
Keegan
Lofty_Love
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
bwfc71
jayjay23
largehat
gloswhite
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
xmiles
Quent
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

31Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:And for once he'd be justified in making it.

WUM.

Laughing

32Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Fri Mar 23 2012, 00:49

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

largehat wrote:
jayjay23 wrote:Yeah and all the days of missed training and moping about will help us. Not.

They have missed one day of training, Monday. And in that day they would have been preparing for the Villa game.

Tuesday they wouldn't have been training as they would have been travelling to Birmingham.

You do seem to want to be of a somewhat negative, contrary disposition lately, jayjay. What's the matter, are your bowels troubling you?

Dunno. Not my bowels.
Just keep hearing or seeing snippets like "training is optional" from Coyle. "Cup means nothing now" from Davies. "The players dont have to play if they don't feel like it" from Coyle. "We dont want to go back to White Hart lane". "The players will struggle to be up for it against Blackburn" etc...

I just thing other teams would be positive and say we need to grab hold of this for our own sanity and we need to try to win the cup for Fabrice. I just think there is a lot of excuse making and self pity going on.

33Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Fri Mar 23 2012, 00:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

jayjay23 wrote:
Just keep hearing or seeing snippets like "training is optional" from Coyle. "Cup means nothing now" from Davies. "The players dont have to play if they don't feel like it" from Coyle. "We dont want to go back to White Hart lane". "The players will struggle to be up for it against Blackburn" etc...

I just thing other teams would be positive and say we need to grab hold of this for our own sanity and we need to try to win the cup for Fabrice. I just think there is a lot of excuse making and self pity going on.

A thousand times this!

34Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Fri Mar 23 2012, 01:36

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's just trying to take the external pressure off his players.

Who knows what is being said behind closed doors.

You can't base your perception of Coyle's man management entirely on what he says in press conferences. This has always been true.

Having said that, lets look at the specific quotes jayjay used -

- "training is optional" - it was on Monday, when we would have been preparing for the Villa game anyway. No big deal.

- "Cup means nothing now" from Davies - he didn't say this. He said, on Monday afternoon when Fab was still in serious trouble, that he wasn't thinking about the cup at that time. Clearly, now that Fab isn't in such serious trouble, the club and Davies have thought about the cup, because on Tuesday the tie was re-arranged.

- "We don't want to go back to White Hart Lane" - this is a completely made up quote.

- "The players will struggle to be up for it against Blackburn" - this is not what was said either. What was said was ""I wouldn't ask anybody to play who felt they couldn't. So far, no-one has told me they don't want to be involved. There comes a point that we have to play our games and move forward." So pretty much the opposite of jayjay's quote.

You have to be very careful using inverted commas "" when quoting people, not to paraphrase or make things up.

The whining from BWFC fans on forums since Fab started recovering on Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning is doing my head in. Everyone agreed the match on Tuesday should have been postponed - it was. Everyone agreed the Blackburn game should go ahead - it will. Everyone agreed the Tottenham game should be replayed at White Hart Lane ASAP - it is.

For god's sake.

35Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Fri Mar 23 2012, 15:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know reading twoddle like the stuff JayJay wrote is extremely depressing, and is a good example of how fans will turn any old situation into a moan fest.

36Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Fri Mar 23 2012, 16:01

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

In fairness, jayjay said:
Just keep hearing or seeing snippets like...
like not such as or for example. He never suggested those were exact quotes. There has been a sense of "we're screwed - Muamba's cardiac arrest is the final nail in our Premiership coffin" sort of thing going around.

None of us knows what is happening behind closed doors, however - the team may well be chomping at the bits to win 4 Muamba, so let us stay positive and hope for the best.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

37Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Fri Mar 23 2012, 16:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

has there? I haven't seen that going round personally.

There's definitely been a small concern about how the players would re-act, but a "we're screwed"? hmm.

38Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Fri Mar 23 2012, 16:56

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

largehat wrote:He's just trying to take the external pressure off his players.

Who knows what is being said behind closed doors.

You can't base your perception of Coyle's man management entirely on what he says in press conferences. This has always been true.

Having said that, lets look at the specific quotes jayjay used -

- "training is optional" - it was on Monday, when we would have been preparing for the Villa game anyway. No big deal.

- "Cup means nothing now" from Davies - he didn't say this. He said, on Monday afternoon when Fab was still in serious trouble, that he wasn't thinking about the cup at that time. Clearly, now that Fab isn't in such serious trouble, the club and Davies have thought about the cup, because on Tuesday the tie was re-arranged.

- "We don't want to go back to White Hart Lane" - this is a completely made up quote.

- "The players will struggle to be up for it against Blackburn" - this is not what was said either. What was said was ""I wouldn't ask anybody to play who felt they couldn't. So far, no-one has told me they don't want to be involved. There comes a point that we have to play our games and move forward." So pretty much the opposite of jayjay's quote.

You have to be very careful using inverted commas "" when quoting people, not to paraphrase or make things up.

The whining from BWFC fans on forums since Fab started recovering on Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning is doing my head in. Everyone agreed the match on Tuesday should have been postponed - it was. Everyone agreed the Blackburn game should go ahead - it will. Everyone agreed the Tottenham game should be replayed at White Hart Lane ASAP - it is.

For god's sake.

OK OK. Nobody likes a clever johnny.
You made some good points and I now wave my little white flag and retreat. (see we can do this in grown up forums without getting upset)

Like I said, (in my defence) I had heard snippets - nothing concrete. I was just getting a bit frustrated by what seemed to be constant moping - maybe I was incorrect.

39Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Fri Mar 23 2012, 18:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:In fairness, jayjay said:
Just keep hearing or seeing snippets like...
like not such as or for example. He never suggested those were exact quotes. There has been a sense of "we're screwed - Muamba's cardiac arrest is the final nail in our Premiership coffin" sort of thing going around.

By using double inverted commas "", he suggested that these were direct quotations. If he wanted to paraphrase as you are suggesting, he should have used single inverted commas ''.

40Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Fri Mar 23 2012, 18:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

jayjay23 wrote:
OK OK. Nobody likes a clever johnny.
You made some good points and I now wave my little white flag and retreat. (see we can do this in grown up forums without getting upset)

Like I said, (in my defence) I had heard snippets - nothing concrete. I was just getting a bit frustrated by what seemed to be constant moping - maybe I was incorrect.

Sorry if that post came across as harsh, I'm just frustrated about all the moaning. I don't understand it. As far as I am concerned the club has not done a thing wrong in the last 6 days, but they are getting heavy criticism from just one source - our own fans. I don't get that.

It does irk me and in all honesty I'm probably guilty of going over the top in my objection to your post because of the accumulative effect of reading a lot of this from various sources.

41Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Fri Mar 23 2012, 23:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Check out this interview with Nigel Reo-Coker in today's Daily Mail on the subject of how the players were affected by last Saturday and how much they are focussed for Blackburn.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do Do Do

Lets all do the Conga

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With Nigel Reo-Coker

42Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Sat Mar 24 2012, 11:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's all hype. You can bet Kean is telling his players there's no better time to play us and I presume OC is telling ours what Kean is telling his.

43Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Sat Mar 24 2012, 11:41

Just over three hours until Bolton get thumped. I'm just putting on my Rovers top. I look damn fine. See you soon luvvies!

44Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Sat Mar 24 2012, 14:26

Bolton: Bogdan, Steinsson, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Mark Davies, Reo-Coker, Pratley, Miyaichi, Ngog, Petrov. Subs: Jaaskelainen, Alonso, Eagles, Knight, Kevin Davies, Klasnic, Sordell.

Blackburn: Robinson, Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Formica, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Marcus Olsson, Hoilett, Yakubu. Subs: Bunn, Dunn, Modeste, Petrovic, Orr, Goodwillie, Vukcevic.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

45Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Sat Mar 24 2012, 15:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

46Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Sat Mar 24 2012, 15:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Anyone got a decent stream. The one I have keeps freezing.

47Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Sat Mar 24 2012, 15:26

Sorry mate, Soccer Saturday for me. Rovers just had a "blatant" penalty turned down.

48Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Sat Mar 24 2012, 15:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Saw it. Steinsson. seemed like a defo penalty to me

49Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Sat Mar 24 2012, 15:30

Wheater!!! 1-0.

50Bolton 2-1 Blackburn - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackburn Sat Mar 24 2012, 15:36

2:0 Wheater!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum