Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers News » Fit again Mark Davies takes a breather

Fit again Mark Davies takes a breather

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Dougie Freedman has allayed fears over the fitness of Mark Davies.

The young Wanderers midfield star, pictured, was missing from the squad that faced Cardiff City in the FA Cup at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday, raising concerns that he may have suffered a setback following his recent injury problems.

But Freedman put fans’ minds at rest.

“He was rested,” the manager said.

“At this stage after he came back from injury – and there is no problem with his knee – I felt that three games in a week was a bit much.

“It was a decision made by me, the medical staff and Mark to completely rest it, not even sit on the bench.”

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@karlypants wrote:Dougie Freedman has allayed fears over the fitness of Mark Davies.

The young Wanderers midfield star, pictured, was missing from the squad that faced Cardiff City in the FA Cup at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday, raising concerns that he may have suffered a setback following his recent injury problems.

But Freedman put fans’ minds at rest.

“He was rested,” the manager said.

“At this stage after he came back from injury – and there is no problem with his knee – I felt that three games in a week was a bit much.

“It was a decision made by me, the medical staff and Mark to completely rest it, not even sit on the bench.”

Source
This is an odd one for me. Is he fully fit or not? If so then why wasn't he used in what DF himself said was a "very important" match when he's our best midfielder? If he's NOT fully fit then why not just say so? "Mark is not quite 100% so we felt he needed a breather between games would be better so as not to risk sending him back to the table" would have made more sense. 

To say there's no problem and he's fit then say he needed a rest is a little bit contradictory isn't it?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Let's face it, he's been utter shite since he came back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum