Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hull target transfer of Chung Yong Lee

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steve Bruce has already been in touch about the Trotters' South Korean midfielder and his top scout Stan Ternent watched him in action at the weekend

Hull are planning a raid for Bolton’s South Korean World Cup star Chung Yong Lee.
The Tigers' boss Steve Bruce has made an enquiry about wide-man Lee, and top scout Stan Ternant saw him score against Bournemouth in the Championship at the weekend.

The Trotters look certain to miss out on promotion back to the top flight for a second year running, so will cash in on the 25-year-old in the summer - but are looking for a big fee.

They demanded £6million for Lee in the January window - a sum that put off Premier League interest - but he will probably move for half that figure in the close-season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Shame, I was hoping the breaking news tonight would be something else.

We will be lucky to get 3mill for him IMO, unless he has a good world cup.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope he has a fantastic world cup and returns to play for us a better player..unlikely, but I can dream

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lee was at his best in Coyle's first season, when he played on the right.

Under Dougie he has usually played on the left. Putting a right footer on the left wing is all about giving him the chance to come inside and shoot or cross, two things Lee is woeful at.

So he hasn't been at his best since he came back from injury but it's not all been his fault. I'd probably like to see us sell him anyway.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

IMO he was at his best the first few months he was here under Megson, he ran at players and committed them more often than not.

He wasn't playing that great before he got injured.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How much did CYL cost when we bought him?

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've never heard of Stan being called a 'top scout' before, but fair play.... Ian Wright and Alex Ferguson are his character witnesses.  Cool 

An absolute diamond of a man.

Edit - Stevie he talks of is Steve Bruce (obviously  Wink )

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No truth in Chung-Yong Lee and Zat Knight exit talk - Dougie Freedman

Whites manager Dougie Freedman has rubbished rumours linking Chung-Yong Lee and Zat Knight with Reebok exits.

Speculation yesterday linked Hull with a £3million bid for the Korean, while Knight was reportedly a target for MLS outfit Philadelphia Union.

But Freedman says there have been no enquiries for either player.

He said: “I have seen the paper talk about Chungy but we have never had one enquiry – not one phone call.

“It’s the same with Zat Knight. He has never approached me and said he wants to play in the MLS; in fact, I think he wants to continue playing in England and do his coaching badges.”

The Bolton News understands a bid to bring in a defender on loan yesterday fell through.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum