Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall 1-1 Bolton

+26
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Culcheth_White
boltonbonce
JAH
Reebok_Rebel
Whitesince63
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Triumph
terenceanne
carrs
Boggersbelief
White84
scottjames30
Angry Dad
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

31Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 12:50

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:The people saying Freedman won't get sacked whatever happens are idiots.

A beating at Millwall should do it, but certainly a home defeat the game after that and he'll be on his way.

I'm willing to bet £1000 that Dougie isn't manager come May - anyone want to take me on?

haha, I agree, a home defeat against Watford would do it, though if not, certainly a derby defeat against Blackburn and if not, for sure the Leeds game, but certainly the one after that against Derby.

Why not stop the messing around with club waiting for this fixture and that fixture in the future and just act now while there are games left for a new man to save our season?

BTW I still fucking hate your Avatar Hipster

32Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 12:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:The people saying Freedman won't get sacked whatever happens are idiots.

A beating at Millwall should do it, but certainly a home defeat the game after that and he'll be on his way.

I'm willing to bet £1000 that Dougie isn't manager come May - anyone want to take me on?

haha, I agree, a home defeat against Watford would do it, though if not, certainly a derby defeat against Blackburn and if not, for sure the Leeds game, but certainly the one after that against Derby.

Why not stop the messing around with club waiting for this fixture and that fixture in the future and just act now while there are games left for a new man to save our season?

Why?

33Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 12:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Millwall

A clash which at present is narrowly edged by Millwall in terms of victories with 16 as opposed to Bolton’s 15, Saturday’s meeting will be just the fifth between the two sides in two decades.

With the game between the two sides earlier in the season providing Wanderers with their first home victory of the campaign courtesy of goals from Rob Hall, Jermaine Beckford and Andre Moritz in a 3-1 win, the Lions will no doubt take solace from the last time the teams clashed at The Den back in October 2012.

A game which looked destined for a stalemate after Chris Eagles had cancelled out Darius Henderson’s early opener, the striker proceeded to break Bolton hearts with a 90th minute winner.

Fast forward 14 months however and with both clubs in need of victory this weekend, Saturday’s clash looks certain to have all the makings of a true classic.

With 2013 proving to be a year of change at The Den, Millwall will be hoping that 2014 brings a change in fortunes for the London based club.

Following a summer of upheaval that included the departure of long standing manager Kenny Jackett after almost six years in the Lions’ hotseat, Millwall headed into the new campaign looking to improve upon their 20th place finish in the 2012/13 league standings.

Just two points separated the Lions from relegated Peterborough, with their close shave with the drop prompting the club to bring in reinforcements in the shape of experienced heads such as Steve Morison and Martyn Waghorn.

The arrival of these players amongst many others has ensured that Millwall at present sit outside the drop zone, albeit by just three points.

The installation of Steve Lomas as manager was met with a mixed reaction given the former Northern Ireland international’s affiliations with the Lions’ arch rivals West Ham United, with Lomas beginning his tenure as Millwall boss with three straight league defeats.

A baptism of fire for the former midfielder, his side answered their critics in style in September by recording three impressive victories over Blackpool, Charlton and Leeds United.

Sadly for the Londoners however, their upturn in fortunes did not last and the Lions went onto record just two more victories before Lomas was relieved of his duties following defeat against Watford on Boxing Day.

With the team sitting just a point away from a relegation berth, the club moved quickly to bring the experienced Ian Holloway to the club during the first week of January.

Having seen his side record three defeats, two draws and one victory since his arrival, Holloway will no doubt be aiming to eradicate the Lions’ inconsistency during the remaining months of the campaign and maintain their Championship status come May.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

34Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 13:02

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
JAH wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Why?

Its a Friday

35Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 18:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see a draw at most for this game so I'm going for a 1-1 boring draw.

36Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 19:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-1 for me too.

37Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 19:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A draw could be the safe bet tbh.

38Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 19:50

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we'll just about scrape a draw as well. Maybe 1-1

Bogdan

Baptiste---Mills---Wheater---Ream

Spearing---Medo

Chungy---Mavies---Danns

Juke

39Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 20:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Culcheth_White wrote:I think we'll just about scrape a draw as well. Maybe 1-1

Bogdan

Baptiste---Mills---Wheater---Ream

Spearing---Medo

Chungy---Mavies---Danns

Juke

Probably as close as your going to get for a prediction on result and starting 11 tomorrow.

40Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 20:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably a little none attacking, but a draw would be a great result.

41Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 22:38

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:Probably a little none attacking, but a draw would be a great result.

Yeah a really great result from a team even further down the league than our shower. Shouldn't we be expecting a little more than scraping a draw? This just shows how very far we've fallen when you think a draw against a worse team than even us is a great result.

42Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 22:43

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Whitesince63 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Probably a little none attacking, but a draw would be a great result.

Yeah a really great result from a team even further down the league than our shower. Shouldn't we be expecting a little more than scraping a draw? This just shows how very far we've fallen when you think a draw against a worse team than even us is a great result.

I think the wording of 'great result' is going a tad overboard but it would be a decent result, all things considered.

43Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri 14 Feb - 23:47

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I predict 2 - 0 Millwall. Goals just before and just after HT. And DF will still keep his job.

44Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat 15 Feb - 1:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I predict 2 - 0 Millwall. Goals just before and just after HT. And DF will still keep his job.

No matter what the score is, he'll keep his job.
If we draw the claim will be that we've turned the corner.
There is an expectation that even the mediocre is an acceptable standard now

45Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat 15 Feb - 8:52

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I wouldnt be surprised if it gets called off.

46Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat 15 Feb - 10:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The banners are ready and raring to go for todays game:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

47Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat 15 Feb - 11:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we Draw this game it would be a huge step forwards, to us keeping in this division.

Lets all just hope our relegation rivals lose and we can hold out, for a point against a very attacking Millwall side.

Ian will have his team fired up, I hope we can just keep them out for the first twenty minutes.

COYWM bring back a point!!!

48Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat 15 Feb - 11:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bloody hell fellas. Take a step back and look at what you are saying. We are actually wishing for a draw!! Where the fuck has all the pride and ambition gone? If this is what's happened to the fans, imagine how the players feel. Without the right mindset, we'll go down whether were playing well or not. Hving said that, I see yet another dismal day in front of us, but I truly hope I'm wrong. (The downside being that Freedman stays a week longer).

49Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat 15 Feb - 11:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote: Where the fuck has all the pride and ambition gone?

Ask Mr Gartside.

50Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat 15 Feb - 11:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good point, as you will see, I said exactly the same one on another thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum