Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking up or down?

+8
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Looking up or down? Empty Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:14 pm

It's so obvious that we're still in the deep deep sh1t given that the 3 teams below us are just a point behind, but after todays results we're only 4 behind Villa and 7 behind the Baggies. With QPR and Wigan hitting some sort of form and Rovers showing a bit of promise this much talked about 5 horse survival race is starting to look like it could be 6 or 7 horses before too long.
Given that we can't afford to slip up even for 1 game, are you thinking we can catch Villa?

2Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For Villa to get relegated they have to keep on losing whilst three out of us, Blackburn, QPR and Wigan have to keep winning points (four out of five including Villa if you want to include WBA)

Just looking at the next few fixtures - Blackburn play United (on Monday), Wigan are away at Chelsea, and Qpr have to go to Old Trafford.

I guess it is mathematically not impossible for Villa / WBA to go down but highly unlikely imo.

But yes, if we beat them in our outstanding game we could very well finish above them in the league.

3Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:46 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll be looking "down" so to speak for the rest of the season, unless we can string another 3 wins back to back (I.E six wins on the spin.)

4Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:16 pm

Still looking down. Fulham at home suddenly becomes the most important game of the season, you'd expect Wigan & QPR to lose but we've thought that before!

5Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 pm

Who would have though we won win 3 games on the bounce and still be only a point clear, anything can happen now.

6Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:35 pm

You sad fuckers, enjoy your day because it's as good as it'll get for you. Wigan look too good to go down, QPR are on a roll and Blackburn will finish above Villa & WBA.

7Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:47 pm

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bolton Hater wrote:You sad fuckers, enjoy your day because it's as good as it'll get for you. Wigan look too good to go down, QPR are on a roll and Blackburn will finish above Villa & WBA.

Oy fatty, your going to get Mullered on Monday.

8Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

After today, looking to catch Villa and Fulham.

9Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Banks of the Croal wrote:After today, looking to catch Villa and Fulham.

Catch Fulham in 11th? That's a bit optimistic.

10Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:31 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Definitely looking down.

Thanks to the lovely Stoke and Arsenal, we're only in a slightly better position than we were last weekend, and our fixtures are far more awkward than some are making out.

11Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:33 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Definitely looking down.

Thanks to the lovely Stoke and Arsenal, we're only in a slightly better position than we were last weekend, and our fixtures are far more awkward than some are making out.

Agree with that....when the fixtures started QPR, Blackburn, Villa, Wolves, Fulham they all looked very winnable. But now we have won some of them and haven't pulled away it doesn't look so easy!

12Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Looking up! We can catch Villa, they are in freefall.

13Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:45 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's more exciting seeing the bigger clubs get relegated, so I'd enjoy seeing Villa go down, even though I've nothing really against them.

But I think they'll get to 40 points...just, and survive!

14Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:49 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's put it this way. I wouldn't like to swap the rest of our fixtures with QPR or Wigan. QPR may have beaten Arsenal at home but I don't see one single gimme in any of their remaining games. Away from home they have United, West Brom, Chelsea and City and at home they have Swansea, Stoke and Spurs. Realistically I have to say that the run in is just too tough for them to survive.

Let's look at Wigan. They have Chelsea, Arsenal, Fulham and Blackburn away and United, Newcastle and Wolves at home for the last game of the season. For Wigan to survive they will have to pull the rabbit out of the hat every single game.

Wolves look doomed. With Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea and Wigan away and Arsenal, City and Everton at home you just cannot see where the points are coming from.

We have won three games on the trot and with Fulham, Spurs, Swansea and West Brom at home we could potentially pick up eight points. Newcastle, Sunderland and Stoke away is potentially four points. If we can pick up twelve points from our remaining seven games we will finish with forty one points and it wont matter what the rest of those around us achieve.

Twelve points from our remaining seven games. that's all it will take.

P.S. I forgot about the Villa game. A draw away will give us forty two points.

15Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:52 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Villa have too much to go down IMO, plus I can't see the teams from us down winning enough games to drag them into it.

We are looking down no doubt about it but with the teams QPR and Wigan have next week compared to our home game against Fulham we should have a gap of about 4 points between them and us if everything goes to plan.

16Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:55 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

QPR's fixtures looked hard but as i said, and was thoroughly derided for saying so, at this time of year, the so called "big" teams don't turn up (bar the top 2, who are playing for something)

These big time charlies don't have a jot of backbone and couldn't give a shit who goes down.

Liverpool and Arsenal have basically rolled over to allow Wigan and QPR a very good chance of staying up when they were basically dead and buried.

17Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:05 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I for one never disagreed with you - it's common at this time of year for teams fighting for their lives to beat teams with very little to play for.

I disagree about Arsenal though - they would want to finish above Spurs AND in the third automatic Champions League position - the team finishing fourth have to play a qualifying game - remember Everton being knocked out a few years back - and Celtic and Rangers always seeming to fall at this hurdle too.

18Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea all want to finish third to have the bragging rights for London. Newcastle are pushing for a Europa League place and Liverpool still have a lot to prove.

Arsenal was the big shocker for me today and there will be a few more shockers before the end of the season but there is just no way that the teams fighting to avoid relegation can pull off an upset week in and week out.

19Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:30 am

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

To be honest, I am just glad none of the teams below us have to play Liverpool now as those Scouse bastards are doing their best to end up in the bottom six or seven at the moment !

20Looking up or down? Empty Re: Looking up or down? Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:24 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

McLeish at Villa must be sweating as well. They still have to play Liverpool, United and Tottenham.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum