Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kellett & Threlkeld.

+7
White84
wanderlust
NickFazer
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
scottjames30
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 10:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These are our boys, Bolton fans that have come through to the first team. cheers .

Then there's Vela, Riley, Bolger, White, Wilkinson and Bastos.

The future is bright, who needs money?

2Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 10:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

after reading what Knight said about us relying on loans and young players from now on we may have no choice but to play these lot next season.

3Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 10:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It will be good to see eager, hungry players who want to do well for Bolton, rather than just collect a pay packet.

4Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 12:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Fortunately, we seem to have a few youngsters, so that when one burns out part way through the season, we have another to step up to the mark.

5Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 14:12

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sometimes less is definitely more, it should be the way forward for clubs like ours to produce their own players and once there are less options then you have to play your strongest side.

6Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 14:31

As Alan Hansen famously said "You don't win anything with kids."

And we all know how that turned out......

7Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 15:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Noticed Dougie has cleared out a lot of youth players (over a dozen so far) that he doesn't think will hack it and has brought in a few replacements. Presumably with the latest lot being released he'll be recruiting youth as well as first team options over the summer. There's been a lot of shite talked about Dougie's claim that he wants to develop youth - but with Kellett and Threlkeld getting debuts and others appearing on the bench recently, it's clear he's committed to youth development and is prepared to give then an opportunity. Personally, I reckon he's doing a decent job of making the most of sloppy seconds seeing as all the top youth talent is snaffled by the big clubs at an early age.

8Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 15:15

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Knightmare is gone there are street party's in the Bolton district,also the fucking Baptiste mk1 Mears and Eagles who peaked last year.Knight leaving is a great start.We do not need marquee signings two good forwards.How many players out of Burnleys squad could you name.We have the youth the experience and the battling qualities if we can get juke n Mason .

9Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 15:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White & Bolger look promising too and we should have Tierney back so defensively we should be OK, but I'm a bit worried about midfield and I think there are potentially better affordable strikers than Juke and Mason out there somewhere. Worst case scenario is Beckford and Sordell. Not sure if Eaves and Sanmi will make it though as their loan periods weren't exactly great.

10Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 15:43

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think young Clough will be the one eventually.

11Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 15:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:I think young Clough will be the one eventually.

He's too short and doesn't make up for it with ability. And yes, I have seen him play

The 'one' will be either lliev or wilkinson

12Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 15:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't think height will be the criterion - pace and clinical finishing are what are needed for Dougie's system.

13Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 16:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have we had any Bolton born players apart from Kellett and Threlkeld since Nicky Hunt? Both playing in the same team must be some kind of a landmark.

Wonder if Dougie picked them because they're Bolton lads and more likely to give everything for the cause?

14Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Mon May 05 2014, 17:12

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think Jamie Thomas will be "the one" but don't forget Chris Lester. Jamie Thomas had two goals up for "Goal of the Month" and he won.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15Kellett & Threlkeld. Empty Re: Kellett & Threlkeld. Tue May 06 2014, 00:46

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thought Threlkeld played a blinder against Brum, showed a lot of his seniors up, also Kellett made a impact when he came on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum