Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Do You Blame The Most?

+10
Keegan
doffcocker
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Quent
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Who do you blame for our shiteness?

Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 50% [ 10 ]
Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 15% [ 3 ]
Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Vote_lcap35%Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 35% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 21:23

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Thats us down then?

32Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 21:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good chance. were in the bottom 3 again

33Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 21:35

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

that goal difference is now a real problem

34Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 23:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

trotter1948 wrote:

Another weekend off.
Just what they need
Must be tired after that trip to Newcastle.

Don't expect to hear much off the bwfc camp this week, OC has jetted the lazy fuckers off to Dubai apparantly...nice work if you can get it.

35Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 00:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:
trotter1948 wrote:

Another weekend off.
Just what they need
Must be tired after that trip to Newcastle.

Don't expect to hear much off the bwfc camp this week, OC has jetted the lazy fuckers off to Dubai apparantly...nice work if you can get it.

I don't see anything wrong with taking the players away on a mid season training camp. It's not a lads holiday. We have a 12 day gap with no game, so why not take advantage of it?

36Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 01:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Possible because we are £110+ million in debt, the players (apart from a couple) have been together for last 9 months or more, most of them could easily afford to pay for themselves, they have not earned a reward by their commitment on the pitch and you can play ping pong and carpet bowls anywhere without the need to go to Dubai.

37Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 01:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But it's not a holiday is it? It's a training camp. Why are you describing it as a reward? It'll probably be good for them physically and mentally to get away and train in a warm weather environment.

38Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 01:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Would have thought after nine months of the season gone - with only one month left - than they would be well drilled and know what they are doing by now?

Obviously not.

39Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 01:40

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

They would be better off training in the conditions they play their next match in.
You wouldn't go to Dubai to train just before trying to climb Mount Everest.
I know thats extreme but just making a point.
Mardy arse response to lardy arse players demands.

Train in Bolton and arrange some behind doors games against "other" teams
Maybe there is a spanish / portugese club need a game

Whatever
A holiday in Dubai isn't the answer
Specially after tonights results

40Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 01:55

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So lets completely ignore all the benefits of warm weather training shall we, because we fans are mad at the players?

- It's easier to get up to train hard when the sun is shining
- Muscles are more pliable in warm weather reducing the risk of strains and tears
- The sun is a natural source of vitamin D which improves reaction times
- Psychological benefits of a change of environment and being away from the pressure, horrible weather we are experiencing here
- Team building and bonding after - despite all the sneering on here - what has been a very tough month

Ultimately we're talking about a bunch of elite athletes who are looking to improve their performance.

All this tripe about holidays, the club's debts, ping pong and carpet bowls, a reward for the players etc is just a product of your anger at the club's performances. If this is what the management team want to do with the players, let them do it, and judge them on the results, as I am sure you will all be quick to do.

41Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 09:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Other. Specifically the strategy to reduce debt/wage bill whilst rejuvenating an ageing squad and hoping to survive in the Premiership all at the same time and over a single season.
We have got rid of old/experienced players and told ourselves "they were shit anyway" or "let's take the money whilst we can"
We have bought affordable young/inexperienced players who have potential plus one or two stop-gaps like Ream.
Sure we have tactical problems but they are put in the glaring spotlight simply because of the pace of change and it's looking like we've tried to do too much in too short a timeframe.
That degree of change needs to be managed over 2 or 3 seasons IMO, but it would seem that the urgency with which it is being undertaken would imply that we are in desperate straights financially.

42Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 11:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
We have got rid of old/experienced players and told ourselves "they were shit anyway" or "let's take the money whilst we can"

Who are these old players you speak of, are they better than what we have now?

43Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 12:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see any problem with a "warm weather" training camp once a year, in fact i'd encourage it.

change of scenery and all that.

44Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:But it's not a holiday is it? It's a training camp. Why are you describing it as a reward? It'll probably be good for them physically and mentally to get away and train in a warm weather environment.

Oh shut up you bellend. Are you that "secret player" this site once advertised because it would make a lot of sense?

Have you been to Dubai? It's a reward for anyone to go there, it is a fantastic place. Even ignoring the obvious fact we are £100m in debt and are spending thousands on a training camp, what benefit does it actually serve to Bolton Wanderers Football Club? Are the players going to come back and start giving 100% just because they saw a bit of sun? Are they fuck.

They could (and should) have had this training camp on Adlington Rec, to show these overpaid ponces what happens when you play like arseholes. Let me ask you a question Largehat, if you had a son or daughter and he/she kept being naughty and making mistakes would you reward them? Would you fuck.

You are forever defending these ponces, but they've had every bit of luxury life can throw at them yet they aren't motivated and don't give a toss about BWFC.

45Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've already covered this off in my previous answers to trotter1948 and sluffy.

46Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I've already covered this off in my previous answers to trotter1948 and sluffy.

Yeah, you said we should spend thousands on flying the team abroad just so their muscles would be warmer. But here's an idea, get the team together in the gym and crank up the heating.

None of your silly answers will benefit the team in any significant way.

47Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

£10,000, £20,000, £30,000 even £50,000, whatever it's costing, is less than the difference in gate receipts for one game next season if we go down. It's a negligible amount of money in the context of the situation. If you lost your wedding ring in a pub or something, you'd spend a tenner to get a taxi back to the pub to see if you could find it without thinking anything of spending that tenner, wouldn't you? I don't know why people keep focussing on the cost of the training camp.

I think you describing my answers as "silly" is a bit rich, Natasha.

48Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:£10,000, £20,000, £30,000 even £50,000, whatever it's costing, is less than the difference in gate receipts for one game next season if we go down.

That's another silly answer, you could apply it to anything. Perhaps all the players need luxury neck cushions for the coach trip to Aston Villa - probably only costs around £500 but it could be the difference between the Prem and the Championship.

49Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:28

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:£10,000, £20,000, £30,000 even £50,000, whatever it's costing, is less than the difference in gate receipts for one game next season if we go down.

That's another silly answer, you could apply it to anything. Perhaps all the players need luxury neck cushions for the coach trip to Aston Villa - probably only costs around £500 but it could be the difference between the Prem and the Championship.

Where your counter example falls down is that the idea of the training camp is that there is a scientifically proven performance benefit. I'm not spending my afternoon arguing this with you Natasha, because you're just trolling. Sports people go for warm weather training all the time. But because we're having a bad season and you're a whinging bore, you choose to see it as a waste of time and money. Good for you. Why don't you go and create another tiresome article about how bad we are, cheer everyone up.

50Who Do You Blame The Most? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Where your counter example falls down is that the idea of the training camp is that there is a scientifically proven performance benefit. I'm not spending my afternoon arguing this with you Natasha, because you're just trolling. Sports people go for warm weather training all the time. But because we're having a bad season and you're a whinging bore, you choose to see it as a waste of time and money. Good for you. Why don't you go and create another tiresome article about how bad we are, cheer everyone up.

You miss my point - this trip is rewarding failure. If they want warm weather why not go somewhere much cheaper? Do you agree they'll be staying in a top class hotel being waited on hand and foot?

So are you trying to say this trip will make the team better and is worth whatever it is costing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum