Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problems are behind me, says Bolton Wanderers' fighting fit signing Liam Trotter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Liam Trotter feels fitness was the key to settling in at Wanderers.

After signing a three-year deal at the Reebok, the former Millwall midfielder admitted to a few early problems integrating into the club after a loan spell that began in January.

But he finished strongly and is now looking forward to making further improvement next season as a permanent member of Dougie Freedman’s squad.

“Generally, I feel like my performances did improve towards the end of the campaign as I got a little bit fitter – at the end of the season, I felt pretty good and as though things were going well,” he said.

“There’s always going to be a settling in period where you find out how to play with your new team-mates and I feel like we’re in a great place, so we can’t wait for the new season to come around.”

Trotter did himself no harm with the Wanderers fans with a marvellous strike against the Owls at Hillsborough.

“I don’t think I’ve ever scored a better goal than I did against Sheffield Wednesday,” he told the club. “I didn’t have any other choice than to give it a go, but luckily for me it fell nicely and I hit it well, so it was nice to see it fly into the net.

“It was definitely one to remember and it was nice to open my Bolton account with such a memorable strike – with any luck, I’ll be able to start chipping in with a few more as I do enjoy getting forward.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum