Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Muamba discharged from hospital

+6
largehat
Harold77
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Muamba discharged from hospital Mon Apr 16 2012, 17:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba has paid tribute to the London Chest Hospital staff after being discharged.

The 24-year-old was technically "dead" for 78 minutes after suffering a cardiac arrest and collapsing in a game against Tottenham on 17 March and had been in hospital since then.

"I am naturally very pleased to be discharged from hospital," he said.

"I would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to every single member of staff who played a part in my care."

Full story here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Mon Apr 16 2012, 17:26

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Good luck and all the best to him & his family. cheers

3Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Mon Apr 16 2012, 17:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is he available for the weekend? We could do with him.

4Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Mon Apr 16 2012, 17:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What they didn't report was that one of the things he said was, " I am really looking forward to a bacon butty."

5Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 07:54

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Nice to see Fabrice with a big smile on his face, so would I if I was getting paid 30k a week while I was on long term sick leave.

6Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 09:16

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I see footballers aren't even allowed to smile while posing for a photo with the guys who saved their life now without someone whining about their salary.

I do sometimes wonder if there is a cut-off in people's minds when it comes to comments like this. How much are you allowed to earn before you're regarded with bitterness and jealousy and you're fair game for people to throw it in your face every time you sneeze - or in this case, smile? £5,000 per week? £10,000?

7Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 09:39

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Harold77 wrote:Nice to see Fabrice with a big smile on his face, so would I if I was getting paid 30k a week while I was on long term sick leave.

What would you rather see, Muamba smiling with the people who brought him back from the dead, no matter how much he earns, or Muamba in a coffin? I know what I would rather see - the picture that was been released to the press, all smiles round.

8Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 09:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Harold77 wrote:Nice to see Fabrice with a big smile on his face, so would I if I was getting paid 30k a week while I was on long term sick leave.

Harold, it's been suggested Muamba might never play football again. I've no idea how long he's got left on his contract, but once that's up he has no income. I don't know the guy but perhaps football has been his life and he doesn't have any other skills to fall back on.

He more than likely lives in some huge house with a huge mortgage and many other financial commitments. Payments he thought he could make easily while playing football for the next 12-15 years.

I'm the last person to feel financial sympathy for any footballer, but I think Muamba is probably the exception. For all you know he could be on the streets inside 3 years.

9Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 10:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha. Defended. A footballer. Shocked

10Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 10:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

largehat wrote:Natasha. Defended. A footballer. Shocked

And he was previouly most likely called "Probably the most useless wanker ever to pull on a Wanderers shirt" although I haven't checked all Nat's posts here and elsewhere to actually verify this.

11Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 10:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would imagine Muamba will be insured in the event that ill health ends his career prematurely. I am sure Wanderers can find him a position with the backroom staff if he is forced to quit the game.

12Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 10:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think I read that he was taking accountancy exams. Seriously, he's a lot brighter than your average football player.

13Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 10:49

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wanderers have said that they will always have a job for him somewhere at the club so he should be fine job wise.

14Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 11:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps being into accountancy he can balance our books ?

15Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 12:44

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Reebok Trotter wrote:Perhaps being into accountancy he can balance our books ?

Yes,If he knows the accounting procedure of writing off a £5 million fee for a player who had a cardiac arrest at 23.
And the accounting procedure for writing off £8.2 million for the club record signing and £2 million for a player so bad he was released part way through his contract.

What a fantastic use of £15 million Gary Megson's buys of summer 2008 were!!!Shittu, Elmander and Muamba, £15 million spent and not a penny back unless the insurance will pay out on Muamba and i wouldn't bet on it.They'll be investigating the medical Megson's doctor gave him if Bolton put a claim in.The same quack who passed Sean Davis ?

16Muamba discharged from hospital Empty Re: Muamba discharged from hospital Tue Apr 17 2012, 12:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How on earth did we get from Muamba to Shittu.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum