Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am I a Misogynist?

+11
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Am I a Misogynist? Empty Am I a Misogynist? Mon Aug 18 2014, 23:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Or to be more accurate a sports misogynist.

Now don't get me wrong I love women just as much as the next man but has anybody else noticed all the womens sporting events taking place recently and can anyone honestly say they were interested in any of them?

Women's rugby wtf?

Women's cricket - Rachel Heyhoe Flint anyone?

Women's football - Christ I think I could still play better than them and I'm getting close to my zimmer frame years.

Woman's Netball - I watch a bit of this at the Commonwealth's last week - pathetic.

Women Tennis - some pretty girls sometimes but perving isn't my game and neither is women's tennis - to me, to you, to me to you, unless of course you are one of the Williams brothers.

Women's golf - no thank you.

Women's Road cycling - they are getting all het up because they want parity with men's cycling. Simple ride with the blokes, keep up with them and get equal pay, otherwise nobody wants to watch you, let alone pay you!

Women's Boxing - I've seen more strength in a six times used tea bag! I don't think it is right, or more to the point natural, women hitting other women.

Is it just me, or do other people think the same too?

2Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 09:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The women's beach volleyball is well worth viewing. They are proper athletes.

3Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 09:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes.

4Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 10:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disgraceful thread. What next, Am I A Homophobe?, Am I A Racist?

5Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 10:23

Very poor Sluffy.

6Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 10:32

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Dear, oh dear, Sluffy. That's a shocker of a post.....and just plain wrong.

7Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 10:37

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't watch any of the women's sports you mentioned. I'd probably watch women's boxing. As I can guarantee there will still be some tasty bouts. I think the problem with women's sport is the publicity and the pre-event hype. If they had the same sort of build up as the women's I'm sure they would be more popular.

8Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 11:01

Come on, you lot....drop the PC act.

Be honest now, if Utd Vs Liverpool was on Sky Sports One and it clashed with the ironically named Doncaster "Belles" against Fulham Ladies over on BT Sport Nine or some other minority sports channel, which one would you watch?

Same with the cricket.

Whilst Alistair and the boys were giving Dhoni's lot a lesson in how to win a Test Match last weekend, the Ladies' team were playing a one-off Test against their Indian counterparts.

Here's the report:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/aug/16/india-women-test-win-england-wormsley

I would honestly go to Lower Pools and watch Heaton play Astley Bridge than pay to watch a women's game.

And I would defy any of you to name five women golfers without resorting to Google for help.

Women's sport just isn't as watchable as men's.

Women are lovely, they smell nice and are great at ironing and stuff but they're not very good at playing men's sport.

They should know their place and stop trying to convince us that they're as good as us.

You don't see blokes playing Netball and Rounders do you, so why do the ladies feel the need to try and play Rugby and drive F1 cars?

9Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 11:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Women's sport just isn't as watchable as men's.

You have every right to prefer watching men like Tom Daley more than women. 

And I wouldn't dream of justifying my preference for watching women on the basis that I'm heterosexual. That would imply my pleasure in watching Malia Jones, Silje Norendal or Marta Menegatti is derived from something other than their sporting endeavours which would be patently untrue.

We've been here before haven't we?

10Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 11:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For all the straight blokes: Here's Michelle warming up:

...innocently of course - she's completely unaware of what she's doing.

11Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 11:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As ever with womens sport the problem is people automatically compare it to mens.

"she's not as good as Ronaldo though" 

yes but frame her against her peers as you would in the mens and you might appreciate it more.

but I don't really understand the thread, theres no requirement to watch, like, or even be aware of womens sport? Some very strange points in the OP but I'll let them stand on their own I think.

12Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 11:45

So basically, Hipster, you're agreeing with me -

Women aren't as good as men at sport.

Thank you for your support, unlike Lusty who just shoe-horned a gay gag in and them posted some footage of a bird jumping up and down and wiggling her bum for the cameras.

Disgraceful!

This is a serious topic and should be dealt with as such.

13Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 11:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:For all the straight blokes: Here's Michelle warming up:

...innocently of course - she's completely unaware of what she's doing.

Just had to watch that, it makes a good change from the girls who play football with most of them looking like a tomboy! Very Happy

14Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 11:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sport is a man's game, end of!

15Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 11:56

karlypants wrote:Sport is a man's game, end of!

:clap: 

FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

16Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy should step down from his position as King of Nuts, and be replaced by Hipster. This site needs a woman's touch.

17Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy I agree with you, watching women play sport is awful. Unless of course you are a pervert

18Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Sluffy I agree with you, watching women play sport is awful. Unless of course you are a pervert

I wonder, if someone had come on here and posted they only wanted to watch straight white men play sport, if the reaction would have been the same?

19Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
This is a serious topic and should be dealt with as such.
Michelle clearly takes her warm up routine seriously. That's dedication and professionalism of the highest level.
If you have any remaining doubts about the intensity of the women's game check out the goalie Hope Solo.
Her record is exemplary although the world is still aghast wondering how she ever manages to keep a clean sheet.

20Am I a Misogynist? Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 12:12

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman, I know you're only joking (at least, I hope you are!), but I could name you 50+ female golfers. Inbee Park is acknowledged as one of the best putters in the world, male or female. The last Solheim Cup was as stunning as the miracle of Medina.
And I thought the women's gymnastics at the Commonwealth Games was awesome. Not sure men could replicate the skills or grace of the females. 
Did you not enjoy and marvel at Jade Jones in the Olympics, quite apart from the more obvious female gold medalists? In cricket, Sarah Taylor sometimes plays for Sussex when she's not on international duty. Rachel Yankee could show Eagles or Beckford how to control the ball and dribble.
I sometimes think men's sport relies too much on muscle, without brain or skill. And don't get me started on which gender sets the best example as regards sports(wo)manship!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum