Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chelsea beat Barcelona

+9
wanderlust
largehat
gloswhite
Spillthebeans
Lofty_Love
Michael Bolton
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Tue 24 Apr - 22:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is possibly a generation gap because fans today tend to hate their rivals with a passion whereas there wasn't the same bitterness years ago. Football fans from all over the UK fought together in the second world war and built up a camaraderie that is probably lacking today outside of the military. Football is a release from everyday life but modern fans just don't have that affinity with rival teams and their fans.

32Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Tue 24 Apr - 23:12

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Attracts players to them which improves the quality of chelsea

I'm not sure i've ever heard a Bolton fan prefix Chelsea with we before thats certainly a first.

No.. just no, you don't understand.

Television rights are shared equally throughout the league.

The better the teams in the league = the more money the league gets from TV rights because people want to watch the good teams.

Therefore we do get more money,

Its the whole reason the Premier League was invented..

Its pretty simple tbh.

And ok you go off and support the Spanish or Germans then, ill stick with Chelsea..

I thought it was just Utd fans who hated any other english team doing well Rolling Eyes

33Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Tue 24 Apr - 23:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't support the Spanish and the Germans, not in an active way, i just don't "support" a rival club.

It's an odd phenomenon, it's wildly prevalent here in Scotland. People always support either Rangers or Celtic and then they "support" an English team as well.

How they do it i have no idea.

Aren't television rights just given to the teams who are featured. Wasn't Gartside moaning about it the other year because we were on TV so few times. Maybe it's changed.

34Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Tue 24 Apr - 23:23

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't support the Spanish and the Germans, not in an active way, i just don't "support" a rival club.

It's an odd phenomenon, it's wildly prevalent here in Scotland. People always support either Rangers or Celtic and then they "support" an English team as well.

Aren't television rights just given to the teams who are featured. Wasn't Gartside moaning about it the other year because we were on TV so few times. Maybe it's changed.

No its the rights to the premier league and then you get £500,00 for every game shown (Thats the thing Gartside was referring to). But for example sky have to show every team equally in the first half of the season, but for the second they can chose what games they want.

Its different to other leagues, i.e. Spanish ones because the good teams there basically get all the money from tv rights, thats why Real Madrid and Barca are so much better.

Fair enough if you don't want to support them though

35Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Tue 24 Apr - 23:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BTW I'm not having a go at anyone, i see the logic, i just don't understand how anyone does it.

36Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 0:19

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I feel proud of Chelsea, it was a wonderful display of determination.

37Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 10:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:People keep saying they'll lose and they keep winning.

If don't bite the dust, maybe it will be Wig.

Blackburn Wigan has just taken on a new significance.
The significance is that they can't both get 3 points and a draw would be the best result for us.
Unless Chelsea play like jessies to avoid personal injury now that the entire squad has a shot of playing in the CE final they should beat QPR at home. And City certainly should be up for stuffing QPR - but as always, you never know.

38Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 10:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How many Chelsea players are ineligible for the final? I make it 6 but I may be wrong.
If they beat Real or Bayern in the final with half the first team missing that would probably be an even greater achievement than beating Barca.

39Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 10:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:But Chelsea aren't England.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick, this is a topic that has always interested me.

peoples attitudes toward teams at 3pm on a saturday - hatred and bile.

when they rock up in the champions league, they become bandwagon jumping glory supporters.

You're not a soldier, you have no connection to the army, so when they go to war do you cheer on the enemy?

40Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 11:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:BTW I'm not having a go at anyone, i see the logic, i just don't understand how anyone does it.

"Reflected Glory" might have something to do with it. It goes along the lines of "we may not be successful in our league, but that's because we are playing in the most difficult league in the world, so that makes us better than foreign clubs doing well in easier leagues." By this logic we want Chelsea to do well so that we get reflected glory from their success. They may be bastards but they're our bastards kind of thing - the root of nationalism.
Personally I'm all for British clubs doing well in Europe.

41Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 11:23

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I see chelsea as an embarrassment to english football after those displays and i hope whoever wins the other semi wins the trophy.

42Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 11:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some fans just don't appreciate the enormity of the task that Chelsea accomplished. Getting a result at Barca with only 10 men and coming back from 2-0 is something that not even the bookies could envisage. If I was a Chelsea fan i would be thrilled to bits.

Wanderlust mentioned that a few Chelsea players will miss the final which is quite correct. Terry, Ivanovic, Ramires and Meireles are all out and as the extent of Cahill's injury is not yet known, it's possible he could miss the games as well.

On a sour note, Cahill's injury is a worry for Saturday against QPR. Ivanovic is banned, Luiz is injured and Terry has sore ribs.

43Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 11:40

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:Some fans just don't appreciate the enormity of the task that Chelsea accomplished. Getting a result at Barca with only 10 men and coming back from 2-0 is something that not even the bookies could envisage. If I was a Chelsea fan i would be thrilled to bits.

Wanderlust mentioned that a few Chelsea players will miss the final which is quite correct. Terry, Ivanovic, Ramires and Meireles are all out and as the extent of Cahill's injury is not yet known, it's possible he could miss the games as well.

On a sour note, Cahill's injury is a worry for Saturday against QPR. Ivanovic is banned, Luiz is injured and Terry has sore ribs.
And a sore knee.

44Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 11:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cool

45Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 13:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Like me, I am a Bolton fan through and through. We have enemies such as Blackburn, Wigan, Man united, Chelski etc etc etc, but as a national game I will support an english team in a pan-Europan competition. After all modern football began in England!!!

Its like saying Lancashire and Yorkshire are the worst of enemies but when you get Southerners trying to arm wrestle either Lancs or Yorks then the differences are temporarily forgotten and join foces to combat a common enemy!

46Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 13:14

bwfc71 wrote:
Its like saying Lancashire and Yorkshire are the worst of enemies but when you get Southerners trying to arm wrestle either Lancs or Yorks then the differences are temporarily forgotten and join foces to combat a common enemy!

I bet your missus is an arm-wrestler.

47Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 13:18

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

I bet your missus is an arm-wrestler.

ITK that your girlfriend is actually your mother!!!!

She feels so sorry for you that you cannot get a woman, or even a man or an animal, that she gave herself to you!

48Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 13:20

bwfc71 wrote:

She feels so sorry for you that you cannot get a woman, or even a man or an animal, that she gave herself to you!

Listen here, I have slappers dotted all round Lancashire who will do anything to get hold of my length. I don't need to commit to a hairy German to get a bit of action.

49Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 13:22

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Listen here, I have slappers dotted all round Lancashire who will do anything to get hold of my length. I don't need to commit to a hairy German to get a bit of action.

Your mother and 5 aunts, after your mother conviced her sisters to give you a go.

50Chelsea beat Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea beat Barcelona Wed 25 Apr - 13:54

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't support the Spanish and the Germans, not in an active way, i just don't "support" a rival club.

It's simple, HN - I only hate Man United.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum